PDA

View Full Version : More Great Border News. Does anybody care?

JustRalph
10-22-2006, 04:18 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,222897,00.html

~snippet~

But that's not all the bad news. Investigators also found:

• In June 2006, seven Iraqis were caught in Brownsville, TX

• In August, an Afghan man was caught crossing the Rio Grande into Texas

• FBI Director Mueller, Jr. has testified that a Hezbollah cell had been "dismantled" after discovering that the terror organization was smuggling operatives across the U.S. -Mexico border to carry out terror attacks inside the United States.

• Individuals from countries with known al Qaeda connections have changed their Islamic surnames and adopted false Hispanic identities in order to escape detection and blend into American society.

• Radical Islamic groups that support Hamas, Hezbollah and Islamiya Al Gamat are all active in Latin America.

All that is bad enough, but the bombshell — as reported by Mr. LaJeunesse and confirmed in the congressional report — is the role being played by Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez. It's well known that the oil-rich Marxist in Caracas has been busy spreading his anti-American "Bolivarian Revolution" throughout our southern hemisphere. But this investigation now concludes that Mr. Chavez' nefarious deeds go well beyond a weapons-buying spree and efforts to manipulate elections in Bolivia, Ecuador and Nicaragua.

According to the congressional report, "Venezuela is providing support-including identity documents — that could prove useful to radical Islamic groups. The Venezuelan government has issued thousands of cédulas, the equivalent of Social Security cards, to people from places such as Cuba, Colombia, and Middle Eastern nations that host foreign terrorist organizations." These documents can be used to obtain Venezuelan passports and American visas, which in turn allow the holder to elude immigration checks and enter the United States.

~end Snippet~

betchatoo
10-22-2006, 09:35 AM
JR:

You'll get no argument from me on the need to shut off the sieve which is our southern border. In fact, if I remember right (and at my age it can sometimes be a problem), this was one point on which the vast majority of posters were agreed. I think we too often concentrate on problems half a planet away and ignore what's happening at our back door.

kenwoodallpromos
10-22-2006, 12:01 PM
I've always wondered what Bin Laden would look like in a sombrero.
When the duplicity parties in DC decide to concentrate on Problems over Profits then they will do what needs doing for the border. The Repub and Demo leaders always just pretend not to have a clue how to solve problems as long as the American people are willing to go along and pretend to be as stupid as the leaders pretend to be.
As we saw with the Minutemen border vigilanties, when the leaders see that regular Americans get tired of Federale' inaction and begin invading DC turf then the Primadona Parties act like they want to do something.
Local authorites are beginning to kick the foreign scum out of their won jurisdictions.

46zilzal
10-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Fox (lets keep 'em scared) news: a GREAT source of propaganda.

Pace Cap'n
10-22-2006, 12:28 PM
As are you.

Tom
10-22-2006, 12:32 PM
We have to stay the course.
These are guest terroists.

Hmmm. I wonder is George has a FENCE around his ranch?

Now YOU libs, feel free to suggest this to moveon.org for a commercial - a TRUE on for a change.
Show video of one of Bush's mindless speeches on illegal immigration and guest workers super imposed over video of the fence around his property, and even go as far as to stage a phony breech where police os SS arae called into arrest the violators and at the end, put up a graphic that says someting like....

"Border security. All we want is the same level of security George Bush
has at his ranch!"

Steve 'StatMan'
10-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Hmm, pondering the thoughts about the Secret Service handling Boarder Security. Or if Boarder Security would be given Secret Service authority.

Just pondering, mind you.

But if Chavez and/or his government is indeed behind any of these schemes, then Chavez should finally be right about one thing. Then he really should be worried about the U.S. assinating him. Because he'd definitely deserve it. And I'd have to hope Cindy Sheehan was standing next to him at the time.

46zilzal
10-22-2006, 01:23 PM
As are you.
yes but HOW widespread does ANY of our conversations become distributed? in comparison ZILCH

Tom
10-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Hmm, pondering the thoughts about the Secret Service handling Boarder Security. Or if Boarder Security would be given Secret Service authority.

Just pondering, mind you.

But if Chavez and/or his government is indeed behind any of these schemes, then Chavez should finally be right about one thing. Then he really should be worried about the U.S. assinating him. Because he'd definitely deserve it. And I'd have to hope Cindy Sheehan was standing next to him at the time.

If our country had any bballs left, he would already be dead.
This is NOT the same USA that won WWII.
We are a paper tiger these days.

kenwoodallpromos
10-22-2006, 02:22 PM
1 good thing about all the news channels- it is much easier to tell who's slanting what when you compare.

46zilzal
10-22-2006, 02:25 PM
If our country had any bballs left, he would already be dead.
This is NOT the same USA that won WWII.
We are a paper tiger these days.
KILL KILL KILL. the answer to all problems

JustRalph
10-22-2006, 02:54 PM
KILL KILL KILL. the answer to all problems

It sure fixes the majority of them........ :lol:

Steve 'StatMan'
10-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Sometimes you have to fight to be a man.

Sometimes you have to kill to be a country, or to stay the same country.

Don't have to like it. Just understand that once in a while, it's an unfortunate, but often effective tool.

Beats being Boneless Chickens, to me, anyway.

But I know you'd be happy living on the Rubber Chicken Ranch. Right, Gen. Anestisia?

BlueShoe
10-22-2006, 07:36 PM
As if we didnt have enough to worry about,recent polls show that Daniel Ortega has a good chance of being elected president of Nicaragua again in next months elections.Dont those people ever learn?Ortega,is of course,very chummy with that buffoon Hugo.Guess we will just have to dust off Ollie and have him start the Contras back up again.

Tom
10-22-2006, 09:12 PM
I'd worry more that Ortega will run HERE. He sure fits the libs' idea of a good leader! :eek::lol:

twindouble
10-22-2006, 09:46 PM
I can't believe these idiots in Washington including the president, are putting countless American lives at risk. That freaking border should have been sealed up tight right after 911. I'm sick and tired of hearing Bush say our security is his top priority when he's done very little where it's needed the most. Without a doubt will pay for his complacent inaction and ignorance.

Don't believe the crap about them doing all the can, FDR would have sealed that border in no time flat and Syria and Iran would have been long gone.

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2006, 11:05 PM
Fox (lets keep 'em scared) news: a GREAT source of propaganda.

Are you ever going to ADD anything to ANY discussion EVER here on off-topic? Or are you just going to spam the board with your shallow one-liners?

dav4463
10-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Why can't liberals see that there are some people (Radical Islamics) that truly hate America and everyone who agrees with America? There is no way to deal with these people other than by force. Why do the liberals want to "talk it out" with everybody thinking they will all eventually get along? It is a nice idea. It shows that liberals really do "care". Trouble is, they care about people who care absolutely nothing about them. They will chop a liberal American head off the same as any other American. It's the liberals who want to take the most hardened criminals (murderers, rapists, child molestors, etc.) and use some stupid resocialization program and put them right back out there to commit more crimes rather than lock them away for life or better yet...execute them. There are some sick web sites that have pen pals for death row inmates. We are supposed to feel sorry for what they are going through on death row, yet not feel sorry for the victims whose lives were taken by these animals on death row. Radical Islamics are just like these death row animals. They do not have a conscience. Why should we even negotiate with them? Destroy them by force. It is all they understand.

Tom
10-23-2006, 07:17 PM
The story about Ortega is timely in that it is a prefect example of how libs, especially when the bring in suckers lik McCanin can screw up foreign events. It was Regan who tried to get rid of him, the libs who bowed down to him, sent him a letter, apologized ( cut and run of the 80's), and gloated that he would never side wtih commies. Then he did.

Two weeks ujnitl we can put thses sniveling raoches back in power, to fall down in repsect of the thugs of the world. Pelosi politics. Those bomb shelters still working?

BlueShoe
10-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Remember Jerry Brown,the wacko former California Governor?He is running for,heaven help us,Attorney General,and according to polls,will likely win due to his high name recognition,over a much more highly qualified opponent.Would be too long a post to list every nutty soft-on-crime thing he did as governor.Those of us that reside in California will likely be getting a one-two punch from the illegals on one side and the felons that Brown will let loose on the other.

Bala
10-24-2006, 12:56 AM
"......border should have been sealed up tight right after 911......."
We cannot do that. We may upset the South American drug lords.
TD, you need diversity training. We don’t want to be seen as bullies.
All those poor peasants in Central and South America have only one means
of support. In fact I propose Clinton and Bush rewrite NAFTA and CAFTA to
ensure the free flow of drugs into North America.

Free trade is a wonderful thing. We should also outsource our military.
No doubt China can make tanks and other weapons for substantially less
then their American counterparts. Imagine the cost of ammunition at Wal-Mart.