PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine Sunday Canadian Intl Race 7

samyn on the green
10-22-2006, 01:37 AM
Turf will be soft for this as rain is in the forecast from now to post time. make sure your pick can run on soft turf as horses seem to either love it or hate.

Like the rail runner here Sky Conqueror. This CAN-bred is a horse for the course, winner at the distance, has won on soft turf and is 2nd off layoff. Word on the street is that this guy was sick over the summer. I like that in his comeback race he won in a hand ride sharpened but not used. Sometimes we are at our greatest when returning from illness, especially a young vibriant colt. Only beaten by two horses all year at WO and one of them was Remarkable News at 1 1/16th who is a monster at that distance. Lightly raced on the year and should be ready to rumble here with the home turf advantage. 4-1 is the ML on the win price.

Honorable mention goes to Meteor Storm who like Sky Conqueror goes 2nd off layoff off a 1 mile prep. Nice works over the rejuvinating polycourse at KEE and proven off the bench and ran 2nd in this race last year.

Murph
10-22-2006, 09:01 AM
A very interesting contest involving several turf division runners I have been following for the past few months. Not to disagree with s.o.t.g. on the race, I wanted to add my opinion to the thread. This looks like a contest where longer prices may prevail. Here are a couple that I see as contenders in this field.

#2 Kastoria is the improving Irish St. Ledger-G1 winner at 1 3/4 miles last out. The winner of her last three races, she will enjoy the soft ground, has never finished worse than second at today's distance in 4 tries. I see this race as a class jump for her at a time when she looks to improve. She will run on Lasix for her first North American start. This 5yo mare could suprise the boys today at a nice price. Entering this race off an odd 2F workout over the turf course, don't forget her on your exotic tickets.

#10 Relaxed Gesture will be very comfortable with the conditions and a yeilding surface can improve his performance today. Winner of last years running, he started this year with a forgivable poor effort in Dubai then returned to racing in June with a second place finish to Cacique in the Manhattan Handicap. He has raced in only G1 races this year with decent finishes against the top turf runners in North America, including two losses to Go Deputy in his last two tries.

At 10-1 on the ML he looks like a strong play. He is thorostats (http://www.thorostats.com) top rated power selection due to his win in this race last year putting him at 100% WP over the Woodbine turf. Last years Canadian is his only win at the distance in four tries.

#7 Go Deputy is the likely favorite and has done little wrong this season. He may be limited by the soft conditions today though and looks beatable at the distance too, with 1 win in 4 tries at 1 1/2 miles. This will be Go Deputy's first try over the Woodbine turf with no local workouts.

I hope everyone of you hits a nice winner today!

Murph

BTW - Do you enjoy free brisnet ultimate past performance programs?
Here is a quick link to a good daily selection of this offering.
http://www.tlorehorses.com/trainers/pletcher/index_new.cfm?page=brisnet

parlay
10-22-2006, 11:04 AM
The track will be very deep.
Local contingent is outclassed, toss 1,4,5
Kastoria, Oxx, Kinane in with 123 lbs. and 1st juice.
Loves the distance and the going. Should win, probably no
worse than second.
Blue Monday, a step below the best in europe gets some
weight relief. Distance probably not his best,should handle the going.
Good chance for 3rd or 4th spot.
Meteor Storm, 1 win in last 10 efforts. He beat Scooter Roach.
Bottom of super only.
Go Deputy, will likely be leading as they turn for home. Unfortunatly
that is when the real running starts. Maybe for the 3rd and 4th spots.
Colliers Hill, will love the going and the distance. Horse knows how to
win and with only 126 lbs. may not even realize he carrying a jock.
A tough loss to Kastoria in July, giving that one 6 lbs. was followed by
a good 3rd in German GR1. Looking for and easy spot his handlers
took him to Salisbury for what i'm guessing should have been a
easy race. He ran 2nd by a neck giving the winner 9 lbs. The trip notes say he was bumped by the winner and hit in the head by someones whip.
Off to Sweden for the confidence building romp over plow horses.
I give him a big chance today of turning the tables on Kastoria.
The Last Drop, quickly improving son of the soon to be very important sire
Galileo. Last 2 trips signal a late developing horse just strting to realize his potential. A move forward here could result in a victory.
Relaxed Gesture was the hard luck horse when he got to this race last year. He made a huge run down the stretch to beat ne and Meteor Storm.
Dubai seems to have taken its toll on him and he has not been the same runner since. Would not be surprised if we see his best effort off the year
today, but it still won't get him the win.
Superfecta 2,8,9/2,3,8,9,10/2,3,6,7,8,9,10/2,3,6,7,8,9,10