PDA

View Full Version : Somehow, I didn't kill anyone tonight!

DrugSalvastore
10-21-2006, 03:13 AM
When I was like 13, My dad and I bet a horse named Composer, who was about 45/1 in a KEE Turf race, and won. We were both very excited! Anyway, there were a couple of vehicles in the driveway, and my dad gave my the keys to his jeep, which was in the garage. He told me to bring it out and park it on the street.

I kind of didn't realize you had to actually put it in reverse to get it to go backwards---I just assumed it somehow knew what to do I guess. So, I drove it through the back of the garage. I didn't go all the way through---but, I almost put it halfway through.

Something about that incident turned me off from ever wanting to drive.

I only decided to seek a license because girls hold it against you bigtime if you don't have one. After like four failures (parallel parking wasn't my thing) I finally found a guy who thought I did just well enough to pass me.

Over the last couple years--I've driven very sparingly, rarely by myself, and NEVER at night.

In fact, tonight was actually the first time I ever drove a car by myself at night----I didn't realize it's a good idea to turn the headlights on before you start to drive.

Anyway---I'm like "this night driving shit sucks!...it's so hard to see---and why does this car not have the speed-om-ator light lit like every other car.?"

Finally, I keep noticing people driving by on the other side of the road flashing their lights at me---at first, I'm like..."What the hell is his problem?" but...after about the 5th person did it, and I'd already driven a few miles, I was like "oh shit!---I ain't got my lights on!"

Oh, and, on the way home---I almost killed someone at a turning lane thingy. I kind of forgot that you can't turn in front of someone just because you have a green light. I don't really know for sure--but, I assume it was my fault.

Well, actually, it's more like I almost got myself killed---because, though we barely missed crashing--I think I would have got the worst of it.

But hey, lets look on the bright side!, my date went well, and I somehow managed not to cause any destruction or fatalities.

However, I've come to the conclusion that my death will be the result of a car crash! That retard at the drivers license center in Harbor Creek who passed me----he REALLY f....d up!

The only question is----how many innocent people do I harm, injure, paralyze, and kill---before I meet my own demise?

As TLG well knows, my mom drove me to Saratoga and dropped me off the day before opening day--and my dad picked me up after the last day of the meet. That's how much confidence they have in my driving skill.

I've been with friends and my brothers, who were bombed drunk--while I was 100% sober---and they refused to let me drive home, citing safety reasons.

I have no clue why, but every time I have to do something I'm unfamilar with that involves driving---I always seem to do something incredibly stupid.

JustRalph
10-21-2006, 06:49 AM
3 am. posts on a Friday night can sometimes be funny...............the jury is still out........