PDA

View Full Version : CNN: "We're Just Reporters"

bigmack
10-20-2006, 05:41 PM
A CNN executive said Thursday the network's effort to present the "unvarnished truth" about Iraq led it to televise portions of a video of insurgent snipers targeting U.S. military personnel.

The tape, which came to the network unexpectedly through contact with an insurgent leader, was aired first Wednesday night on Anderson Cooper 360 and repeated on Thursday

They struggled over airing the footage but in the end felt compelled to air 10 incidents of American soldiers being brought down by snipers?
Newsbreak CNN: It's propaganda for the insurgents. Are you not part of this country or do you posture that you're simply part of an international news gathering entity?

Go back to hard hitting interviews with AJolie and leave the dissemination of propaganda to the propagandists (unless you are one)

http://ajolie.km.ru/new/pics/news/other2/thu/angelina-jolie-anderson-cooper-360-02.jpg

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/world/4274804.html

46zilzal
10-20-2006, 05:44 PM
strange how anything, and I do mean anything, protrayed by the OTHER side MUST be wrong.

Enlighten yourself: watch the good documentary Control Room about the network Al Jazeera. The U.S. information officer who worked with them at joint operations in Qatar during this fiasco left his job because of the PROPAGANDA he was forced to shell out. An eye opener.

bigmack
10-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Enlighten yourself: watch the good documentary Control Room about the network Al Jazeera. The U.S. information officer who worked with them at joint operations in Qatar during this fiasco left his job because of the PROPAGANDA he was forced to shell out. An eye opener.
OK 46 I've had enough of your one-sidedness. I saw Control Room and it has little to do with this issue. Your slant has now become beyond tiresome. Make an argument for airing the footage.

DJofSD
10-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Duncan Hunter will be asking the president to remove all imbedded CNN reporters.

And as far as I'm concerned, the CNN reporter should be tried for treason.

46zilzal
10-20-2006, 06:07 PM
it is truly ashamed that folks cannot help but to fall into the same old trap.
Have to be careful, we CAN'T tell the truth! Soemone will figure out the whole thing is B.S.

46zilzal
10-20-2006, 06:16 PM
OK 46 I've had enough of your one-sidedness. I saw Control Room and it has little to do with this issue. Your slant has now become beyond tiresome. Make an argument for airing the footage.
it happened. no doubt about it. Want to say it didn't?

Tom
10-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Duncan Hunter will be asking the president to remove all imbedded CNN reporters.

And as far as I'm concerned, the CNN reporter should be tried for treason.

YES!
And CNN should lose thier credentials as press - they should be taken off the air permenantly.

Suff
10-20-2006, 06:49 PM
War.

It is quite likely the airing will have the effect of renewing people's resolve to stay in Iraq. no?

That is my take on it. Did people feel that when Americans see their kids dying they will not feel the emotion of revenge or retribution? I would assume they would.

Its quite possible, as I suggest frequently , that the underlying reason for airing the video, and perhaps even the manner in which CNN came into possession of it, was to garner support.

While I understand the jolt to the sensibilities by its brutality.......I wonder if its purely the visual that bothers people. I mean, people did know this was going on? no?

I have a link to 60 attacks on US soldiers. Its jolting, and I won't post it because it is harmful to a weak mind or stomach, and kids.

My view towards information is generally open. Take it all in. Others in the world see it, particularly in the Middle East. As difficult as it is.....I think it is good for the concerned to see.

Just my take. I personally well up when I see it. It affects me. I feel a deep sense of sadness for the Soldier, His Family, and to a lesser extent, our Country.

We live in complex times. I take things in measurably.

Tom
10-20-2006, 06:55 PM
My feelings, when I saw it, was we should drop those POS reporters off in the middle of Baghdad, no protections, and let them walk thier sorry asses out on thier own. I also hoped I would see some CNN jerk get beheaded live. With BREAKING NEWS scrolling over the bucket.

46zilzal
10-20-2006, 06:57 PM
My feelings, when I saw it, was we should drop those POS reporters off in the middle of Baghdad, no protections, and let them walk thier sorry asses out on thier own. I also hoped I would see some CNN jerk get beheaded live. With BREAKING NEWS scrolling over the bucket.
Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill that's the answer

Suff
10-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill KillKill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill that's the answer

Bicycles have gears. First gear, second gear, third gear.

Do you have another gear?

The conversation is about War, New Technology, The Press, Subversive conduct (or not)....

Seriously...wtf is wrong with you?.....typing Kill 75 times in this thread.

your a Doctor, of some age? Grown, matured? Take a deep breath and wrap your head a new schtick from time to time.

bigmack
10-20-2006, 07:03 PM
it happened. no doubt about it. Want to say it didn't?
Don't even dare to obfuscate 46. There are limits to things. From my understanding there are "snuff films" out there, they should air those as well right?

"Want to say it didn't happen" is not the issue and you ought to know that. Don't get so caught up in fooling yourself that we're such bad people that we deserve to have such things aired.

It was shameful and with contemplative thought, you'll know it was as well.

Snag
10-20-2006, 07:03 PM
If anyone was to show or publish ONE picture or video of an Arab being shot, like CNN did, the outrage would be more than just a few posts on the PA board.

46, you make me sick. To show Americans being killed by anyone is WRONG. It does not matter what side of the political split you are on. The video by CNN was wrong no matter how you or any one else of your ilk spin it.

That was not news reporting. That was being used and the people at CNN are to stupid to know what hit them.

46, yes it happend, but it does not need to be shown on TV for some of us, maybe not you though, to understand the impact. The families know what happened and the stats, that you so proudly wave on this board, are update each day and include these people loss of life. No one said that it didn't happen. Please make a valid point next time.

Tom
10-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Hey Suff.......:ThmbUp:

Couldn't have said it better.

:lol:

46zilzal
10-20-2006, 07:04 PM
there are many anti-emetics over the counter, but a good glass of Ginger Ale will help you out.

46zilzal
10-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Don't even dare to obfuscate 46. There are limits to things. From my understanding there are "snuff films" out there, they should air those as well right?

"Want to say it didn't happen" is not the issue and you ought to know that. Don't get so caught up in fooling yourself that we're such bad people that we deserve to have such things aired.

It was shameful and with contemplative thought, you'll know it was as well.
b.s. they put on whatever keeps you there so you can see the commercials

Suff
10-20-2006, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE]If anyone was to show or publish ONE picture or video of an Arab being shot, like CNN did, the outrage would be more than just a few posts on the PA board.

Huh? I have 1000's of those? They roll around the Middle East like nothing.

You want a few 100 links to Dead Arabs?

Did'nt we, ( despite being a violation of Geneva Conventions) show Saddams two sons on the front page of many American Newspapers? One with his head blown half off?

46, you make me sick. To show Americans being killed by anyone is WRONG. It does not matter what side of the political split you are on. The video by CNN was wrong no matter how you or any one else of your ilk spin it.

This video and many like it have been available on the Internet for two years?

That was not news reporting. That was being used and the people at CNN are to stupid to know what hit them.

yes, because its not news. It is known. Well known. The issue is mainstream news....and I'm not willing to concede motive to any organization at this point.

Tom
10-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Maybe I can.....

Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill KillKill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill that's the answer

Looks like a tally sheet.

"Hey, Mr. Tally Man, Tally me abortions."
"Ba-by in der, an it pissin me off."

Seems to be YOUR solution, now doesn't it, Doc?

bigmack
10-20-2006, 07:12 PM
b.s. they put on whatever keeps you there so you can see the commercials
I really don't need a lesson in TV programming from you.

Take a stance without avoidance.

Airing the sniper attacks - Agree or disagree?

46zilzal
10-20-2006, 07:14 PM
I really don't need a lesson in TV programming from you.

Take a stance without avoidance.

Airing the sniper attacks - Agree or disagree?
THEY air whatever THEY want. I don't care one way or the other what happens in that STUPID, WASTEFUL, POORLY PLANNED UNECESSARY WAR other than point out it's stupidity

46zilzal
10-20-2006, 07:15 PM
"Hey, Mr. Tally Man, Tally me abortions."
"Ba-by in der, an it pissin me off."

Seems to be YOUR solution, now doesn't it, Doc?

I have never killed anyone. I have no idea what in the world you are talking about.

bigmack
10-20-2006, 07:16 PM
THEY air whatever THEY want. I don't care one way or the other what happens in that STUPID, WASTEFUL, POORLY PLANNED UNECESSARY WAR
Then I trust you'll agree that your participation in this thread is meaningless as you have no opinion of the topic at hand. Just the same vailed innuendos at the "evil empire"

46zilzal
10-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Then I trust you'll agree that your participation in this thread is meaningless if you have no opinion of the topic at hand. Just the same vailed innuendos at the "evil empire"
okay and I like yogurt too. Vailed? I am not trying that for sure.

let Anderson Cooper tell you all about it.
http://cgi.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/

"Moreover, with 73 U.S. military casualties so far this month, October is already the third highest month for U.S. deaths in Iraq since the war began. In fact, many of them are victims of sniper attacks."

46zilzal
10-20-2006, 07:31 PM
"In a democracy, the policy of the leaders is the policy of the people. So don’t be shocked when our grandkids bury much of this generation as traitors to the nation, to the world and to humanity. Most likely, they will come to know that “somehow” was nurtured by fear, insecurity and indifference, leaving the country vulnerable to unchecked, unchallenged parasites.

Luckily this country is still a democracy. People still have a voice. People still can take action. It can start after Pat’s birthday."

Brother and Friend of Pat Tillman,
Kevin Tillman

Pat Tillman's birthday was to be November 6th

whole letter here;http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/200601019_after_pats_birthday/

bigmack
10-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Neither of those two posts, including the link, have anything to do with what we're talking about.

46zilzal
10-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Neither of those two posts, including the link, have anything to do with what we're talking about.
thought we were talking about that pesky little war and I gave you Anderson Cooper's point of view......seems on topic to me.

46zilzal
10-20-2006, 07:42 PM
your a Doctor, of some age? Grown, matured? Take a deep breath and wrap your head a new schtick from time to time.
I only typed it once.....Control C, Control - V, get it?

repetition was to make a point

bigmack
10-20-2006, 07:42 PM
thought we were talking about that pesky little war and I gave you Anderson Cooper's point of view......seems on topic to me.
You're incorrigible.

With all due respect 46, the only thing pesky is the plain and simple fact that you don't really care about much of this you're simply the pesky little dog that keeps nipping at the heels and pant legs of people for the sake of, well, being pesky.

Take a stance. Stop being pesky. It's a tired act!

46zilzal
10-20-2006, 07:43 PM
I took a stance years ago that the war was WRONG. End of story. Every chance I get I will voice that over and over.

Don't like that? well as my late father was fond of saying: "here, let me punch you T.S. (tough shit) card."

PlanB
10-20-2006, 07:56 PM
YES, all of YOU ... the utter waste of this war is beyond comprehension.
Lives, Money, Focus ......... HISTORY. Don't tell me about security; it
has NO connection to Iraq. Why can't we have more scientists in the
Congress? NO MORE LAWYERS. That alone would jump start our world.
Yes, I will NEVER vote for a lawyer, DEM or REPUBLICAN, until a new gen
of lawyer emerges.

JustRalph
10-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Why can't we have more scientists in the
Congress? NO MORE LAWYERS.

This video that they are airing has been around awhile. I saw it on a website at least a year ago.

Hey Derek, you know any real scientists? I have known a few. I hate lawyers.......but we want to get something done......very few scientists get anything done. They mark time until their next grant.........

Snag
10-20-2006, 08:29 PM
YES, all of YOU ... the utter waste of this war is beyond comprehension.
Lives, Money, Focus ......... HISTORY. Don't tell me about security; it
has NO connection to Iraq. Why can't we have more scientists in the
Congress? NO MORE LAWYERS. That alone would jump start our world.
Yes, I will NEVER vote for a lawyer, DEM or REPUBLICAN, until a new gen
of lawyer emerges.
B and 46 are both off base on the subject. Your posts have no bearing on the subject of this post. You both need to move over to MoveOn and post there with all the other kucks.

Tom
10-20-2006, 09:56 PM
THEY air what THEY want.
THEY do whatever THEY want.
THEY don't like me.
THEY never did.
THEYTHEYTHEYTHEYTHEYTHEYTHEYTHEYTHEYTHEYTHEYTHEYTH EYTHEYTHEY
Everything is THIER fault.
I can't hear you.
I can't heat you.
I can't hear you.
Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya

Grow up, dude - your high school schtick is boring.

46zilzal
10-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Not disagree? never

JustRalph
10-21-2006, 06:59 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102006/content/disgustingoutrage.Par.0002.ImageFile.jpg

ljb
10-21-2006, 09:50 AM
We Want You to Vote Republican !
http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/images/chart0306.gif