PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Tigers?

Overlay
10-19-2006, 09:53 AM
The Tigers certainly will be well-rested heading into the World Series. Will the extended layoff between the ALCS and the Series help them or hurt them?

Valuist
10-19-2006, 10:11 AM
I think it will help. People wondered the same thing about the White Sox last year. The extra rest for the bullpen is the key, IMO. OTOH, you have a manager of a team (LaRussa w/StL) who is notorious for blowing out his bullpen during the regular season and they'll get no rest here. I suppose the Tigers hitters timing might be affected a little bit but at this time of year its all about pitching anyways. This Tiger team has reminded me of the 2005 White Sox every step of the way and I expect them to dispose of whoever wins the NLCS.

ghostyapper
10-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Since they hardly even worked to defeat the yankees and a's I don't see how the extra rest will benefit them.

JustRalph
10-19-2006, 04:12 PM
I was thinking about this last night. I think Jim Leyland is sitting back laughing because he is going to have some very fresh pitchers...........

and if they get to play the mets............ consider the difference in the arms?

michiken
10-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Being from Detroit, I would prefer that we get to play the Mets.

That way we can claim we spanked both NY teams in the same year!

point given
10-19-2006, 09:29 PM
we get to play youz guyz too. You beat a team of soul less millionaires (except for Jeter). No disrepect intended of course ! I was at Shea last night and it was rockin' , stood up for the whole game. Chants of Jose', Jose', Jose' ... echoing down the corridors and ramps by all the fans after the game. Priceless !!!!

ghostyapper
10-20-2006, 11:33 AM
we get to play youz guyz too. You beat a team of soul less millionaires (except for Jeter). No disrepect intended of course ! I was at Shea last night and it was rockin' , stood up for the whole game. Chants of Jose', Jose', Jose' ... echoing down the corridors and ramps by all the fans after the game. Priceless !!!!

Mets lose game 7 in their building to yadier molina and an 83 win cardinal team. Priceless!!!

joeyspicks
10-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Being from Detroit, I would prefer that we get to play the Mets.

That way we can claim we spanked both NY teams in the same year!

me too Michiken! oh well

just gotta beat up on the Cards ......

again!!

rgustafson
10-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Poor Fox network, have to be in a funk worrying about their TV ratings, Both New York teams with their overconfident players and overbearing fans are gone. Here they are all alone out here in fly over land. Now we need a four game sweep for the frosting on the cake.

PaceAdvantage
10-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Funny, I heard a Tigers/Cards WS would outdraw a Tigers/Mets WS in terms of ratings.

Thus, I suppose Fox (and Joe Buck especially) are happy campers....

JPinMaryland
10-21-2006, 10:59 AM
The rest doesnt necessarly help. I seem to recall in the past the rest has hurt a few teams too. On the other hand, St Lou. pitching has really got to be tired and since MLB has gone to three playoff rounds it seems every year one team or both runs out of pitching at this pt. So my guess is that the rest may not help but the lack of rest for St. Lou could turn the series into a laugher. The Phillies series back in '95 was like that.