PDA

View Full Version : Help getting out of Louisville-Breeders cup

Suff
10-18-2006, 07:36 PM
I cannot find a flight leaving Louisville, or Cincinnati, or even Indianapolis after 7:00 PM on Saturday Nov 4th!!!

I get out OK...Thursday NOV 2nd leaving Boston... But I can't get a flight back to NY or Boston after 7PM Nov 4th...and I am jammed up because I have a flight out of Manchester NH on Sunday the 5th at 6:00 AM that I cannot miss.

Any ideas I will appreciate

I've Tried

Orbitz
Expedia
sidestep
cheaptickets
united
US air
American

For all three airports.!! Can anyone tip to me to a flight leaving late ( after 9pm) from the breeders cup?
I'll take care you when I get to Churchill.

bigmack
10-18-2006, 07:47 PM
$211 + $26 taxes & fees = $237 per person
Act Fast! Only 4 tickets left at this price!
Leave
Sat, Nov 4
US Airways 7932
operated by UNITED EXPRESS/CHAUTAUQUA -- UA 7822
Depart: 7:10pm Arrive: 8:47pm Indianapolis, IN (IND)
Washington, DC (IAD)
1 stop

<LI class=first>Economy
1hr 37min
Embraer RJ145
View seats (http://www.orbitz.com/App/PrepareSeatMapsSearchResults?version=2&selectIndex=45&sliceNum=1&segmentNum=1&action=purchase&carrier=00&z=dab0&r=m4)
Change Airline. Time between flights: 0hr 43min
United Airlines 246

http://www.orbitz.com/shared/img/logos/air/UA.gifDepart: 9:30pm Arrive: 11:00pm Washington, DC (IAD)
Boston, MA (BOS)

BIG49010
10-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Southwest always has a 6:40pm flight back to Chicago, then you could catch a connecting to Manchester. It is last flight out after derby or BC, and loaded with drunks, and the press from Chicago.

The Hawk
10-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Suff: Try Kayak.com

Zman179
10-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Other options:

US Airways 2338 leaves Louisville at 7:15 pm, connect to US Air 3182 at Charlotte...arrive Boston at 11:26 pm. OW fare $244

Delta flight 4347 leaves Louisville at 7:33 pm, connect to Delta 1578 at Atlanta...arrive Boston at 12:13 am. OW fare $236.

All info above found on Expedia.com using the one-way trip feature.

Don't know how you can take care of me at Churchill when I'll be at Aqueduct. :lol:

highnote
10-19-2006, 01:43 AM
I cannot find a flight leaving Louisville, or Cincinnati, or even Indianapolis after 7:00 PM on Saturday Nov 4th!!!

I like to fly into and out of Nashville when I go to CD. It's not that long of a drive and flights are always available and maybe even cheaper.

Suff
10-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks for tips. I (we) do not want to be rushed or miss any races to catch a flight. The classic is set for 5:20. I wanted a flight around 9 ..but it looks like the 7:15 will be it.

I'm booking my Breeders Cup trip today..Baybeeee!

Suff
10-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Don't know how you can take care of me at Churchill when I'll be at Aqueduct. :lol:

I'll be thinking of you.:D ...and of course...I'll be in the pools!

Valuist
10-19-2006, 09:41 AM
How about Lexington or Evansville?

richrosa
10-19-2006, 10:44 AM
If you can get any Southwest flight to Chicago or Baltimore, you should be game to get home.

Just a note about Southwest. They won't book a connector flight unless there is a 45 minute layover. Most often at Midway, there is a 30 minute layover that works. I always make that flight. Since you are last minute and likely a "Y" fare (airline lingo), you won't have to pay to stand-by that flight. I would look for Chicago or Baltmore to Manchester flights that are not official connector flights, but flights that you could likely make. Midway is getting big as an airport, but most Southwest terminals are close by. Baltimore is tricky since you could need a quick connection and land in the A terminal and need to be in the B terminal. I've done the OJ Simpson there plenty of times to make flights.

Suff
10-19-2006, 10:47 AM
:jump:

departs Boston 11-2 at 5:45 am, arrive Louisville 9:41 am. I'll be playing CD on Thursday !:lol:

Staying at the Baymont Inn in East Louisville

Leaving L'ville 7:15 Saturday night.....

Life is good.:ThmbUp:

Seeing Churchill 363 dollars
hotel 200 dollars
car rental 185 dollars
Going to the Breeders Cup to watch The East Coast Horse's beat the bejesus out of the Euros and west coast donkeys.......Priceless!!

English channel , henny hughes and silver train...and don't forget pine Island and Bernardini babbyyyy!!!......:jump:

Suff
10-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Suff: Try Kayak.com

I got it there...and they diverted me right into Orbitz.

Sidestep has sorta the same thing, but Kayak's tools and interface were much easier to navigate.....Thanks

richrosa
10-19-2006, 10:56 AM
BTW, I'm holding two rooms at Galt House and 2 rooms at the Hyatt Regency. I think I'm going to use the Galt House rooms. These are for Friday and Saturday nights.

If anyone is stuck on a room, and you want to stay somewhere good, PM me and when I let the Hyatt rooms go, maybe they can be transferred to you. My travel guy may charge a small fee, but if you're stuck and don't want to stay in a below grade hotel, this may be your opportunity.

Is anyone going to the NTRA private party on Saturday?

BIG49010
10-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Just so you know, if you get in the cab line at CD, within a reasonalble amount of time after the last race, you will be at the airport in less than 20 minutes. They have a cab route that is a gas to roll down. You might want to put your bags in a locker at Airport, or check bags early.

People can say what they want about Churchill Downs, but they really have the huge crowds of the Derby and BC down to a science. Always plenty of beer too.

1st time lasix
10-19-2006, 12:14 PM
My chance at a reserved seat in the clubhouse at CD didn't materialize. None of the three BUD guys going with my pal from St Louis pulled out as I thought they would. {hey it is their private jet} Guess I will be drinking another brand at my normal reserved spot at the bar in my local simulcast venue. :(

Suff
10-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Just so you know, if you get in the cab line at CD, within a reasonalble amount of time after the last race, you will be at the airport in less than 20 minutes. They have a cab route that is a gas to roll down. You might want to put your bags in a locker at Airport, or check bags early.

People can say what they want about Churchill Downs, but they really have the huge crowds of the Derby and BC down to a science. Always plenty of beer too.

Thanks, I appreciate the scoops and tips

The guy I'm going with has been to CD quite often the last few years and he had told me that SDF was virtually right behind the track.

We rented a car....so I Imagine we'll drive over to the airport. The deal I got with Orbitz/Alamo was $185 (152 + 33 tax for a mid size). After I booked the deal I was clicking around the Breeders Cup web site and they have a promotional code for BUDGET.

Budget
(800) 455-2848
www.budget.com (http://www.budget.com/)
NTRA/Breeders' Cup Savings Code: Y067500

I got a Luxury for $185 using the Budget/NTRA code , so I just canceled my Orbitz Reservation through Alamo, and will be tooling around Louisville in Lincoln Navigator or Similiar. :ThmbUp:

BillW
10-19-2006, 12:27 PM
The guy I'm going with has been to CD quite often the last few years and he had told me that SDF was virtually right behind the track.

Yep, I was standing in the Budget Lot at SDF just last week ... "It's right over there" lol

Have a blast!

Bill

The Hawk
10-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Glad to help. Have a great weekend.

Zman179
10-20-2006, 05:09 PM
I just think that the airport code letters SDF are funny. In French, SDF is an acronym for a homeless person (sans domicile fixe.)

Needless to say Suff, you don't wanna lose too much on the BC! :faint: