PDA

View Full Version : The BCS

Bubbles
10-15-2006, 09:56 PM
OK, the first rant of the year on the first stiffjob of the year. How is USC ahead of Michigan? USC's barely beating mediocre Pac-10 teams. Michigan thumped Notre Dame, and beat decent teams in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Penn State. I'm admittedly biased, but this makes ZERO sense.

Buddha
10-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Gotta love computers ;)

kenwoodallpromos
10-16-2006, 02:10 AM
I do not know what BCS stands for, but I know it is a ranking of teams. I always thought rankings were the record plus expected performance in future games, so any of these are very much projecting opinion.
I'm amazed UC Berkeley is anywhere on it! I guess even they have to be good once in a great while!

ghostyapper
10-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Michigan fans should not worry that usc is ahead of them in the bcs.

Bottomline is if michigan beats OSU, they will be in the championship game, if they lose, they won't be.

P.S USC is also ahead of OSU in the computer polls which makes even less sense.

Suff
10-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Note to the Puter.

We beat Clemson (#12), and VTech (#22). And LSU is not the best two loss team in America. Vtech is.

Anywho....we're good.

vtech AVERAGES! 28 a game. Final Score- Boston College 22 Vtech 3! (howdya like me now?):D

Go Wake Forest!

ghostyapper
10-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Note to the Puter.

We beat Clemson (#12), and VTech (#22). And LSU is not the best two loss team in America. Vtech is.

Anywho....we're good.

vtech AVERAGES! 28 a game. Final Score- Boston College 22 Vtech 3! (howdya like me now?):D

Go Wake Forest!

I beg to differ on that one. LSU lost at auburn and at florida in very competitive games on the road against top 5 teams. Vatech got blown out by BC.

I think if both teams played, LSU would dominate.

Valuist
10-16-2006, 02:05 PM
I beg to differ on that one. LSU lost at auburn and at florida in very competitive games on the road against top 5 teams. Vatech got blown out by BC.

I think if both teams played, LSU would dominate.

I agree. The difference between the SEC and ACC is ginormous.

Suff
10-21-2006, 03:27 PM
I agree. The difference between the SEC and ACC is ginormous.

I have only a few minutes. I assume your against this wager I am about to make?

500 action/reverse BC +6.5 on the road at FSU to GaTech on the road getting 7 at Clemson.

46zilzal
10-21-2006, 04:35 PM
OK, the first rant of the year on the first stiffjob of the year. How is USC ahead of Michigan? USC's barely beating mediocre Pac-10 teams. Michigan thumped Notre Dame, and beat decent teams in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Penn State. I'm admittedly biased, but this makes ZERO sense.

the same reason that N.D. is always higher than they should be : TRADTION.

Dave Schwartz
10-21-2006, 04:46 PM
USC - One of my big struggles in life is finding a way to root for them now that I have a son attending there.

Perhaps some of you can identify. Imagine if your son signed to play with the Yankees. See what I mean?

Dave Schwartz

Suff
10-21-2006, 05:10 PM
USC - One of my big struggles in life is finding a way to root for them now that I have a son attending there.

Perhaps some of you can identify. Imagine if your son signed to play with the Yankees. See what I mean?

Dave Schwartz

Yanks and USC = $.

Money can't buy you happiness.....but it can buy you the house next door.

21-10 BC at the half. I'm counting my $$$$ baybeeee