PDA

View Full Version : greatest things about college football

46zilzal
10-14-2006, 04:51 PM
1) They take CHANCES: reverses, fumble-rooskie (Nebraska's famous play), innovative formations, fake punts, you name it

2) You never know who is going to come to play. Emotions really can make Podunck Junction play USC to the final gun.......GREAT STUFF

The pros are so predicatable in comparison.

kenwoodallpromos
10-14-2006, 06:49 PM
They do not get in the way of the NFL or WWE!

Dan Montilion
10-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Female Cheerleaders.

46zilzal
10-15-2006, 04:16 PM
some of the cheers: Peanuts, popcorn ,onion soup, we want a touchdown oop oop pee dooop.

delayjf
10-17-2006, 01:16 PM
I love both the Pros and College but the NFL is more competitive on a game per game basis than college games, can't remember the last time an NFL team got beat 56-0.

Today, colleged game more resembles the Pros - emphasis on Passing, I miss the Wishbone, Veer. Heck even Nebraska is throwing the ball these days.

Nor do I recall a riot breaking out (at least on the field) at an NFL game.

OTM Al
10-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Tim McCarver doesn't broadcast college football. Nuff said.

GaryG
10-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Nor do I recall a riot breaking out (at least on the field) at an NFL game.Could happen though....there are certainly enough of the Thugicanes in the NFL. :lol:

Valuist
10-17-2006, 01:37 PM
They have the dumbest athletes on the face of the earth. Yes, high school football players are smarter. Why? Most HS players know they aren't going to the pros or even college level. They're fans of the game who love to watch it as well. So who goes on to play D-1? Its the pure athletes; its the guys who rely strictly on athletism; size and speed. By the time they get to the pros, they start to understand the game. But at the college level, they've gotten by on pure natural talent. I quit betting college football because I found their stupidity too much to take.

Speaking of dumb college f-ball players, the one game suspensions for the Miami players was outrageous. I'd have taken away their scholarships and fired Coker. Donna Shalala should be forced to resign.