PDA

View Full Version : Stallions...who is mean and crazy

Smiley
10-14-2006, 08:50 AM
As I look for a stallion to breed my mare too, I wonder if anyone has heard or witnessed stallions that are mean, crazy, maneaters! I know most people don't breed for disposition but we do all the foaling out ourselves and don't want to deal with nutcases.

Also, any stallions or bloodlines known for producing sane, professional dispositions?

I think the Pleasant Colony line is pretty mellow....

GaryG
10-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Dynaformer is expensive now but he is one tough mother. He has amputated the fingers from at least one careless handler at Three Chimneys.

BIG49010
10-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Breed to the teaser if you want a nice horse for the farm. I think the nature of having a good race horse, is they are a little on the crazy / mean side.

You may want to outcross, in my opinion the more in you go the stranger the horse can get.

Doc
10-14-2006, 12:53 PM
The Halo line has the devil in them. I saw Halo at Stone Farm in Ky. back in the early 90's ... he wore a muzzle at all times, except to eat. He tore up a guy's arm pretty badly one time.

Doc

Smiley
10-14-2006, 02:10 PM
The Halo line has the devil in them. I saw Halo at Stone Farm in Ky. back in the early 90's ... he wore a muzzle at all times, except to eat. He tore up a guy's arm pretty badly one time.

Doc

Yeah, I have heard the Halo/Roberto line can be tough...

What about Storm Cat or Deputy Minster?

arkansasman
10-14-2006, 03:32 PM

Doc

Doc

Were you ever around Devil's Bag?

bigmack
10-14-2006, 03:48 PM
How do you beat this name for a stallion?
Goldmember
Private Stud Fee Contact: acerfarm@aol.com (acerfarm@aol.com)
7194 Acer Ct
Lewistown MD 21788
301-898-0645

http://www.acerfarm.com/images/gm02.jpg

dutzman
10-15-2006, 05:47 PM
I work with a grandson of Halo, a 2-year old for a trainer in KY and he is a tough SOB. I also can confimr that Dynaformer is a mean mother. I also hear that the FuPegs have a little craziness in them as far as acting up and stuff....

bigmack
10-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Dynaformer is a mean mother....
Kiraran McLaughlin the asst T to DWayne said Dynaformer was the most difficult horse he ever trained. Dynaformer once bit off a groom's finger. McLaughlin aptly said "He was a monster"