PDA

View Full Version : Racing Partnerships Question

hbeck
10-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Does anyone know of any inexpensive partnerships that I could join that race on the NYRA circuit?

I checked West Point some others but even 10% ownership is too rich for my blood.

Smiley
10-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Try Trans Atlantic Racing Stable (google).

Could also google Quiet Woman farm-Outlaw Racing Stable.

I'm not recommending either and you'd have to do your own reserach on reputation but they might fit your needs. Good luck!

CryingForTheHorses
10-15-2006, 05:40 AM
Too bad South Florida isnt on your list!

Storm Cadet
10-15-2006, 11:03 AM
STAY AWAY FROM CASTLE VILLAGE FARM...RUN FAR AND FAST FROM THEM AS THEY HAVE NOT PAID OWNERS PURSE MONEY IN MONTHS AND MANAGEMENT WILL NOT ANSWER EMAILS FROM OWNERS. :mad:

ELA
10-15-2006, 01:57 PM
STAY AWAY FROM CASTLE VILLAGE FARM...RUN FAR AND FAST FROM THEM AS THEY HAVE NOT PAID OWNERS PURSE MONEY IN MONTHS AND MANAGEMENT WILL NOT ANSWER EMAILS FROM OWNERS. :mad:

If true, this is very interesting and even more important, very disturbing. Why can't the partners take documentation, a copy of the contract, etc. and go see the stewards. If the management is doing something not in accordance with the contract, or not doing something they should be, then there may be some recourse available.

About the inexpensive partnership in NY -- shoot me an PM.

Eric

JustRalph
10-15-2006, 04:14 PM

I saw your old boy ran a good one the other day for 2nd!

hbeck
10-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks for all the info!

BIG49010
10-16-2006, 08:58 PM
They run some cheap claiming races in New Jersey, get two or 3 friends, find a decent trainer and claim a 5k or so horse. Best way to get into the game, many tracks have seminars where you can meet trainers, and learn about ownership. You can also check out site for NY breds, I would think they would have some info also about up comming owner seminar.

You could check with the Ragi sheets guys, Lee Freidman claims quite a few horses in NY.

I would do it yourself if you and friends can swing it, the limited partnerships in my opinion are rip offs, and there is nothing like picking out a horse, claiming, and winning with a couple of friends. It can be fun, but it can have it's lows also. It is just gambling on a higher level.

Good Luck

Suff
10-16-2006, 09:24 PM
STAY AWAY FROM CASTLE VILLAGE FARM.... :mad:

don't they own Diligent Gambler now? Or is that castlegate?

Suff
10-16-2006, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know of any inexpensive partnerships that I could join that race on the NYRA circuit?

I checked West Point some others but even 10% ownership is too rich for my blood.

Try the Karakorum stables... I recall them having cheapo shares a while back.

Remember....if your looking to get in for $500 or even $2500....it is FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY>.......

You watch the horse run...and once a month you get something in the mail....and every year you get a tax statement...

You cannot play on the NY Circuit for the money your looking to spend.

On the other hand if your looking to do something at Suffolk, Laurel or Pimlico then I can put you in Touch with Frank Shannon, and you can get down for a 25% share for 2500ish, and a monthly nut of about $500-$700.....fiddling with claimers in the 6250-12,500 range?

Your in Boston right?

Suff
10-16-2006, 09:33 PM
http://www.karakorum.com

hbeck
10-16-2006, 09:57 PM
I am expecting to do it purely for entertainment- it is not an investment. I graduated in May and am now back in NYC, working full time. If I was still in Boston I would absolutely hook up with Shannon next Spring.

The 250-500 sounds reasonable. I just want to be in the game, any way I can. Access to the track for free and to the stable area to see the horse (and hopefully, the winners circle) is all I really am hoping for.

Ron
10-16-2006, 10:57 PM
The Horse Hats Racing Club is really cheap, but fun. Get on their mailing list for their next offering.

http://horsehats.com/HorseRacingClub.html

I've also had experience with Parting Glass in Saratoga. You're looking at more like 3,000 per share but you get all those great NYRA perks. ;)

http://www.partingglassracing.com/

joeyreb
10-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Anyone know any in Texas? Lone Star Park/LA Downs??

hbeck
10-17-2006, 05:58 PM
I spoke with Karakorum today. Unfortunately, to get any of the more tangible perks of ownership (free admission, stable access, workout access etc...) you need to buy at least 6 shares (at $3000) since NYRA requires a minimum of 3% ownership of a horse to get credentialed.

I will try some of the others tomorrow.

Suff
10-17-2006, 06:06 PM
I spoke with Karakorum today. Unfortunately, to get any of the more tangible perks of ownership (free admission, stable access, workout access etc...) you need to buy at least 6 shares (at $3000) since NYRA requires a minimum of 3% ownership of a horse to get credentialed.

I will try some of the others tomorrow.

You know what you do there?

You tell him you want to come by and see him. You go by, you get a feel for him...and you let him get a feel for you...

Maybe there is wiggle room.....maybe you tell him...let me buy 2 now, and I'll buy 2 in December, and two in January? See what he says...

In this day and age, and in business in general, the best deals are not struck at first asking , or by telephone...

Tell him you will consider 6 units but you want to come by.....when you get on the backside....You say hello to everyone and anyone and try and drop what your after..... maybe someone drops a bread crumb you can follow...

Maybe he likes you and because your young he See's long term potential in developing a relationship with you...

Tell him you just got your first job on Wall Street and being nice to you now means you will be nice to him later.....

----------------------------------------

I don't understand the word no. No means not yet, not like this, or something else...but no never means no.

Ron
10-17-2006, 09:45 PM
I think that you can discretely split that up with one primary owner listed as NYRA will issue at least 2 ids and parking passes per owner.

Ron
10-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Horse Hats is offering very small shares in an Empire Maker filly:

http://www.horsehats.com/HorseRacingClub.html

Storm Cadet
10-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Here's the process for getting credentials as a NYRA owner:

1. You should own at least 3% of the horse. The mamagement company oftens lies to the NY St wagering board on the % of ownership each person owns. That way they can get more owners credentialed. Say a person really owns 30%, they'll tell NYS that he owns 10% so they can fabricate 20% ownership perks to stiffs who own less than the 3%.

When you go to AQU to the racing office, they will send you to the NY State office. There you complete an application, get fingerprinted, have you ID photo taken and pay the $50.00 per year fee. They check on the paperwork to see the amount of horse flesh you own at this time.

Then they send you back to NYRA horsemens office for another photo ID card and a parking permit. One permit per owner. Your spouse and children also get ID cards if you wish that gets them free NYRA admission, but only one car permit per family. The NYRA credential expires each year on YOUR birthday and the NYS credential is calender year.