PDA

View Full Version : Meadowlands Cup

Stevie Belmont
10-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Grade II event head lines the Meadowlands card tonight. Park Avenue Ball enters off the layoff. Has had this race pegged from the very beginning as his main goal of the year. Solid breezes in preperation for this race. The time off is what the doctor ordered and should be sitting a career best effort tonight. Style of the race could be key, has shown he can take to the lead or sit off it. I expect him to be fowardly placed and take to the rail and sit right behind the early leaders. Odds will not offer to much for this well placed horse who should become the newest millionaire tonight with a big try. Other questions are distance concerns, he has had questions with going long, but this track should suit his need quite well and should get it again tonight.

Master Command is also coming out of the same race and has pointed to this one. One thing we do know about this horse is his ability to go long. JV will probably track PAB and try and over take him late.

Awesome Twist will try and gun from the rail and speed has done very well here as of late. So at a price it could very well be worth a use under.

Reverberate last 2 were very nice efforts. Comes into 3rd off the bench and should get a decent trip on the inside. Chased the fast Wanderin Boy and will attempt to parlay that spped play over this fast strip.

Only 22 of 28 favorites have won this race, and the last 11 favs have come up short as well. Scary stuff if you like Park Avenue Ball. The race does not come up super strong. I expect that streak to end tonight.

Plays Win Park Avenue Ball

Zacta 5,1,2,3

Stevie Belmont
10-14-2006, 12:13 AM
No excuses...My pick sucked big time, and i'll admit it. Maybe the horse did not like the track? Wide and done early. Master Command and especially Wild Desert looked great. PAB's was aimed for the race and looked good, but I had some senimental value with the horse as well. He ran like shit. Oh well, my bad.

The worst part is I dismissed Wild Desert. On class he fit well in a field that was not overpowering in anyway. Class relief resulted in a much improved effort.

pic6vic
10-14-2006, 08:13 AM
I was watching the races at MED last night. It seemed that there was a slight speed bias. That said Your selection broke bad and was at the back early, then moved up and flattened out. It would have been a different race if he broke well and went to the front. Don't be so hard on yourself as sometimes we lose a race, but never really had a chance. How could anyone tell that PAB would not have the lead.