Phil/NO OVER 46
Chic/Ariz OVER 39 1/2

BetHorses!
10-13-2006, 12:03 AM
The write ups sell man. :)

Got me with the Vikings total last week, A belated Thank you. :jump:

SAL
10-15-2006, 03:27 AM
NY Giants +3 vs Atlanta-Wrong team favored here. Atlanta's running game has been praised, but the reality is that Atlanta has managed only 3 TD's in 17 tries in the red zone. Vick is ranked 31st in passing in the NFL, and one of the Giants strengths is their defense against the run. Atlanta has had a relatively soft schedule so far, while the Giants have faced 3 probable playoff teams. I'm probably going to moneyline this game.

Carolina +3 vs Baltimore-Steve McNair hasn't exactly been a savior for the Ravens, struggling along with a sub 60 passer rating. I don't expect him to do much against the Panther defense either so I'll take the points in what should be another low scoring affair.

NYJ-Miami Under 36.5-Miami is still struggling to get points on the board. Joey Harrington seemed to do a decent job moving the ball against the Patriots, but turnovers plagued the Dolphins again with 2 picks and a fumble. The Dolphins have yet to crack the 17 point barrier this year and I don't expect it to happen here either as they make their 3rd straight road game. Expect another low scoring affair here.

St. Louis +3.5 vs Seattle-The Hawks go another game on the road without Alexander. Seattle was a poor road team even with Alexander, so I have no
problems going against them here. Seattle has a lot of negative numbers here (1-6 ATS following a bye, 2-9 ATS following a loss, and a couple more) to make it easy to play against them.

Last week 2-1-1 Season 6-4-2

Valuist
10-15-2006, 10:27 AM
The write ups sell man. :)

Got me with the Vikings total last week, A belated Thank you. :jump:

BH-

I dont know how close you were following that game but we caught a break. Late defensive TD made the difference. As for the Bears/Cards over, I've been playing the Bears over pretty much since Grossman returned to start late last year. They're 6-1-1 over since that point. I think the perception is starting to change but not fully. At a total under 40, over is the only way to go. Arizona has enough offensive weapons to put up at least 14, maybe 17. As for Philly/NO, Philly just keeps getting into shootouts. They blitz a lot so they make a lot of big plays but will give up a few. And right now, McNabb is the MVP of the league. The Saints have enough weapons to beat those blitzes, at least some of the time. The Eagles have been a fun team to watch, if you like scoring.

BetHorses!
10-15-2006, 11:23 AM
BH-

I dont know how close you were following that game but we caught a break. Late defensive TD made the difference. As for the Bears/Cards over, I've been playing the Bears over pretty much since Grossman returned to start late last year. They're 6-1-1 over since that point. I think the perception is starting to change but not fully. At a total under 40, over is the only way to go. Arizona has enough offensive weapons to put up at least 14, maybe 17. As for Philly/NO, Philly just keeps getting into shootouts. They blitz a lot so they make a lot of big plays but will give up a few. And right now, McNabb is the MVP of the league. The Saints have enough weapons to beat those blitzes, at least some of the time. The Eagles have been a fun team to watch, if you like scoring.

Funny cause I found out how lucky right after I posted. Win is a Win though. How about having under 39.5 in Fla/Aub last night....one of the worst total beats ever. If you did not see it score was 21-17 and last play was a hook and ladder fumble that Auburn picked up and scored 6 with no time left.

Have you noticed Steeler totals? Friend of mine has only been betting UNDER Steelers on the Road and OVER Steelers when they are home....its like 18 out of the last 20 or something ridiculous like that. I was thinking about going against it today, so I would be on the UNDER today since they are Home

BetHorses!
10-15-2006, 11:35 AM
NY Giants +3 vs Atlanta-Wrong team favored here.

totally agree. will be posting them also

BetHorses!
10-15-2006, 12:01 PM
BH-
Arizona has enough offensive weapons to put up at least 14, maybe 17. As for Philly/NO, Philly just keeps getting into shootouts. They blitz a lot so they make a lot of big plays but will give up a few. And right now, McNabb is the MVP of the league. The Saints have enough weapons to beat those blitzes, at least some of the time. The Eagles have been a fun team to watch, if you like scoring.

Got me on this one, however its 47 now so i'll just make a token bet since I hate playing bad numbers.

Good Luck

ghostyapper
10-15-2006, 04:38 PM
I thought the bengals would be a lock to cover against the bucs. I took a 6 point teaser with them and still lost :mad:

Valuist
10-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Funny cause I found out how lucky right after I posted. Win is a Win though. How about having under 39.5 in Fla/Aub last night....one of the worst total beats ever. If you did not see it score was 21-17 and last play was a hook and ladder fumble that Auburn picked up and scored 6 with no time left.

Have you noticed Steeler totals? Friend of mine has only been betting UNDER Steelers on the Road and OVER Steelers when they are home....its like 18 out of the last 20 or something ridiculous like that. I was thinking about going against it today, so I would be on the UNDER today since they are Home

On the sportsmemo.com broadcasts, they were talking about the Steeler total home/road dichotemy last year. Cowher always is more conservative on the road.

Man, what a brutal beat in the Fla/Auburn game. I was going thru the Sunday DRF and had the game on. I saw that last play transpire and my first thought was I wondered if it affected the total. Of course the announcers had no clue; they barely mentioned the touchdown. That had to be the toughest beat on the weekend in football betting.

BetHorses!
10-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Man, what a brutal beat in the Fla/Auburn game. I was going thru the Sunday DRF and had the game on. I saw that last play transpire and my first thought was I wondered if it affected the total. Of course the announcers had no clue; they barely mentioned the touchdown. That had to be the toughest beat on the weekend in football betting.

Not as bad as Robin Ventura and the Mets years ago :)

oexplayer68
10-16-2006, 03:32 AM
Nice picks Sal! Should have been 4-0, but 3-1 is still solid. Throw in a couple dogs that one straight-up, and it was hopefully a very profitable day for you.

kenwoodallpromos
10-16-2006, 02:15 PM
How about that Denver defense? 1TD! How about the Raiders crying like babies and their RB saying the F___D up word on live TV?LOL!! :lol:

Valuist
10-17-2006, 12:27 AM
3-1 on the week.

BetHorses!
10-17-2006, 07:44 PM
3-1 on the week.

Good Job