PDA

View Full Version : Lexington Entertainment

OverlayHunter
10-11-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm finally scheduled to go to Keeneland next weekend. I've never had the pleasure to see what I understand is a really great place to watch the races.

After my winning afternoon (okay, that's the optimist in me talkin') I'd like to get some good seafood, Italian, Chinese or visit a restaurant with something unique to the Lexington area and then hear some good music.

I've done Google searches for concerts, blues bars, jazz, etc. in the Lexington area and can't seem to find much for Saturday night.

If you are familiar with the area, can you please recommend weekend newspapers that list entertainment, sites to visit or your favorite music venues, etc. and/or some restaurants worth the time and money.

Thanks for the help.

bigmack
10-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Cheapside Bar & Grill R&B on weekends
Nadine's Jazz & Blues
Oscar's Piano Bar nuff said
Natasha's Great spot for jazz

4 eats it tough to go wrong with The Chop Shop
http://www.thechophouse.com/chop_index.html

If ya get a chance jump into this:
Unique Horse Farm Tours. (859-233-4303 or 800-678-8813). Departing from Kentucky Horse Park, usually twice a day, this tour gives you the behind-the-scenes stories about the people and horses that make Lexington “Horse Capital of the World.” Tour historic estates and new multi-million dollar farms on this 2 and a half hour van tour. s are $25.

Suff
10-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm finally scheduled to go to Keeneland next weekend. I've never had the pleasure to see what I understand is a really great place to watch the races.

I'm in Indianapolis right now. 160 miles away. I hope to be at Keeneland Friday...:jump: :jump:

I'm torn.... I need my business to go well, but I hope it stalls Friday Morning so I can scoot out for the weekend...

Overlay
10-11-2006, 06:15 PM
If you are familiar with the area, can you please recommend weekend newspapers that list entertainment, sites to visit or your favorite music venues, etc. and/or some restaurants worth the time and money.

Thanks for the help.

The Lexington Herald-Leader is the local paper.

OverlayHunter
10-12-2006, 07:45 AM
bigmack - thanks for the information - seems to be right on target (I see you are a Left Coaster, are you in the travel agency business? :) ). I will check into all of it.

suff - business is one of the things that has kept me from this track for many years, I feel your pain

overlay - Thanks for the information. I had looked at the Entertainment Section in the online edition this past Sunday but they either had very little or I didn't understand how to get to what might have been there. I'll certainly pick up a hard copy when I get there.