PDA

View Full Version : New Website

Tom
09-29-2002, 08:51 PM
No relation to the infamous Yahoo board, this one has streaming video and lots of other good stuff. Yahoo and Ebetusa teamed up. I watched some Balmora races tonight and it is the BEST video I have ever seen on the net.

http://horseracing.sports.yahoo.com/

so.cal.fan
09-30-2002, 10:33 AM
Tom,
Thanks for the link.
Say, what ever happened to the nice old guy Phantom/Eldoradousa who used to run that board, horseplayersunited?

Bruddah
09-30-2002, 08:36 PM
SoCalFan, I think that board finally flamed themselves out of existence. They had only five or six posters on the forum but each one of those had many many alter ego personnas, like it's founder Eldorado/Phantom.

Supposedly the forum was built on the idealistic premis of "totally free and unfettered speech". They were quick to call other forums names like Gestapo, Jack Boots and Hitler because those boards would monitor thier members responsibly. But you had to laugh at them in the end because they started banning those critical of thier little group. In essence they couldn't live up to thier own low standards. hee hee ROTFLMAO! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tom
09-30-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
Tom,
Thanks for the link.
Say, what ever happened to the nice old guy Phantom/Eldoradousa who used to run that board, horseplayersunited?

I thought YOU were Eldo!
<G> HehHehHeh

so.cal.fan
09-30-2002, 10:18 PM
Tom,
that is so weird! I thought Brudda was! Now, I don't think so.
Maybe he really was an alter ego of BOXCAR???? LOL

Dave Schwartz
09-30-2002, 10:40 PM
LOL- Actually, I was Phantom.

Tom
09-30-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
LOL- Actually, I was Phantom.

and Eldo was Dick Schmidt???????

Dave Schwartz
09-30-2002, 11:20 PM
Tom,

Yes, and I have a part time job as a masochist.

Bruddah
10-01-2002, 09:00 AM
Obviously, you could tell by my previous post, I was not a fan of a bunch of immature juvenile pranksters and that is using a very kind description. It did my soul good to see them burn out because of thier own hypocrisy. They used "free speech" to defend thier rude actions and posts. However, in the end the were practicing censorship on a larger scale than those they mocked. Yes, I loved the irony of it all and felt as if Good did triumph over a$$holes.

so.cal.fan
10-01-2002, 12:24 PM
I pretty much agree with Brudda, but I don't think Phantom/Eldo was a bad guy. They started the board I'm sure as a sort of joke.
Unfortunately, they attracted some odd balls, to put it mildly.
Actually, Phantom made some good posts from time to time, I used to enjoy reading them.
I know he was an elderly gentleman, and I just hope he is still around somewhere.;)

Boris
10-02-2002, 10:55 PM
Yahoo was great. Tons of funny posts. Tons of crap as well. The only thing that killed that forum was Yahoo inserting ads into the viewing stream of the posts, otherwise it would still live today. The goofers that were left there, me included, couldn't take it. If you read any Yahoo forums you know what a pain in the ass it is.

RIP clones.