PDA

View Full Version : Football Announcers: OK, Who do you like.

delayjf
10-10-2006, 06:52 PM
An earlier thread asked which announcers would you like to punch, now the flip side, who do you like.

For myself:
Obviously Keith Jackson is very popular and to me he will always be the voice of College football. But other than him, IMHO.

Ron Franklin - Mike Gottfried - used to team up for ESPN's Saturday night game. IMO the best combination since Jackson and Broyles. What say you.

KingChas
10-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Blast from the Past.
Summerall and Brookshier. ;)

skate
10-11-2006, 02:39 PM
just keep munsbergers off the air. i'll pay for that.

ok with Pat and brooky

Valuist
10-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Al Michaels. He'll slip in a tie-in to the spread or total and it goes right over Madden's head. As for analysts, I'd say Aikman. He doesn't talk incessantly about himself, or just about QBs. There are some analysts who have "OJ-itis". I named it after O.J. Simpson, who would only talk about running backs when he was on MNF. Nowadays, there's two analysts with severe cases of OJ-itis: Michael Irvin and Steve Young. I don't think either one is aware there's other positions on the field.

Valuist
10-12-2006, 03:29 PM
One more: Ron Jaworski. Knows the game and isn't biased. And unlike Steve Young, who will only talk about QBs, Jaworski knows all the positions well.

rastajenk
10-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Lindsey Nelson could always keep a game going at a lively pace. "After an exchange of punts and three running plays, Notre Dame continues the drive from their own 45..." :eek: :faint:

Speaking of oldies, how about Ray...Scott....touchdown. No wasted words with that guy.

JustRalph
10-12-2006, 07:28 PM
just keep munsbergers off the air. i'll pay for that.

ok with Pat and brooky

I just heard on ESPN that Brent Musburger is going to be doing their Nascar car coverage next year :bang: :bang:

That sucks!

toetoe
10-12-2006, 10:33 PM
rasta,

Moving on to further action, I must say ... Ray .. Scott ... the best. :ThmbUp:

dav4463
10-13-2006, 04:34 AM
I also think Troy Aikman is good. I was surprised, I didn't think he would be a good announcer. I always like to listen to the spares that ESPN sticks out there on the non-marquee football matchups! You know the games, Middle Tennesee St., North Texas, UNLV, San Jose St, ..... those type of teams.