PDA

View Full Version : What a win for Tom Mc Shell !!

frenchy
10-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Guys, you can congrats here our trainer Tom for the big victory today at Calder with Cocoa beach rocket.
What a great day !!!!

bigmack
10-08-2006, 04:59 PM
The grey geldo on green sits back off the pace and closes 4-5 wide with head-up looking a bit rank but at 18, nice work TMc!

CryingForTheHorses
10-08-2006, 08:32 PM
The grey geldo on green sits back off the pace and closes 4-5 wide with head-up looking a bit rank but at 18, nice work TMc!

Nice litte purse of 26k,Doent bother me if he scraped the outside rail. :lol: .He still won..Seriously,If you look at the headon,He had no choice but to go that wide.Horse is bred for the turf..Loves the turf...Just got beat 5 lengths last weekend first time on the green at 110-1 in a blistering 56.1.Was a fun day for me and my partners.

Tom
10-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey Tom.....:ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Way to go Tom!

cato
10-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Congrats!!!

Cato

Zaf
10-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Way to go Tom ! I wish I knew he was running today as my brother was vacationing in Florida and attended the live card today ! He could of sent my regards in person in the winners circle. Congrats !!! :ThmbUp:

Z

First Time Blinks
10-08-2006, 11:11 PM
I bet her, made her no worse than 6-1 off the numbers. Took every ounce of fiber in my being to bet Kristi Chapman. Didn't think Kristi would ever get her by. Made up for a day with no other cashes but 3 thirds, all at 8-1+.

Just curious, Tom. Do you use Rags or Thorograph? Your horses almost always fit on the #s whether they win or not. Sign of a good trainer. Congrats on the win.

CryingForTheHorses
10-09-2006, 11:59 AM
I bet her, made her no worse than 6-1 off the numbers. Took every ounce of fiber in my being to bet Kristi Chapman. Didn't think Kristi would ever get her by. Made up for a day with no other cashes but 3 thirds, all at 8-1+.

Just curious, Tom. Do you use Rags or Thorograph? Your horses almost always fit on the #s whether they win or not. Sign of a good trainer. Congrats on the win.

I use the condition book..I dont bet so I really have no use for these betting formulas that you people use....LOOK for a big day FRI!!!

frenchy
10-09-2006, 12:23 PM
We know 3 things about cocoa beach:
1. He hates dirt
2.He hates short distance.
3.Tom is a good trainer ;)

cj
10-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Congrats Tom, well done!

frenchy
10-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Ca va mon voisin belge :)

cj
10-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Ca va mon voisin belge :)

Très bon mon ami du sud.

JustRalph
10-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Nice Job Tom!

frenchy
10-09-2006, 01:49 PM
I m lucky to be one of the partners !!

skate
10-09-2006, 02:44 PM
McS;

i'm glad for your win.

have a question for ya.

what %, would you think, trainers enter a race thinking "win" OR "trying to win"?

also, what is the best way to obtain "condition book", can you access thru the web.?

thanks
skate

kenwoodallpromos
10-09-2006, 02:50 PM
WOW! Tom, you know yuoy condition book!
The move looked like pure luck becaude of the bad recent races, and becausethe horse only won on thew slowest 2f fractions (but in the slop).
The onlty workout showing was a bullet followed by one of its worst races, so I understand why you keep racing thew horse often with no works and very little signs of any leg problems. Was the reason for the wraps the one time because of bad weather?
I see why you say "the condition book"- CBR failed several attempts at NW3 so you found an easy spot with "NW1 at a mile or more"! Congratulations!
Are you still going to be trying anymore starter races?
Have you been looking for this kind of a spot since August? Are you going to give CBR a little longer break this time?

howardjim
10-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Nice guys do finish first. You've rewritten that nonsense.

Have a great week.

CryingForTheHorses
10-09-2006, 07:08 PM
McS;

i'm glad for your win.

have a question for ya.

what %, would you think, trainers enter a race thinking "win" OR "trying to win"?

also, what is the best way to obtain "condition book", can you access thru the web.?

thanks
skate

Depending on which track you may want,You can go to their website and click onto te horsemans section and you may look at the condition book online,If you want the real book,Just call the track and they will be happy to send you one. When I enter a race,I enter knowing full well my horse fits the race,I cant speak for others but when I enter I am 100% hoping to win the race. I hope this helps.Thankyou for the congrats.

CryingForTheHorses
10-09-2006, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=kenwoodallpromos]WOW! Tom, you know yuoy condition book!
The move looked like pure luck becaude of the bad recent races, and becausethe horse only won on thew slowest 2f fractions (but in the slop).
The onlty workout showing was a bullet followed by one of its worst races, so I understand why you keep racing thew horse often with no works and very little signs of any leg problems. Was the reason for the wraps the one time because of bad weather?
I see why you say "the condition book"- CBR failed several attempts at NW3 so you found an easy spot with "NW1 at a mile or more"! Congratulations!
Are you still going to be trying anymore starter races?
Have you been looking for this kind of a spot since August? Are you going to give CBR a little longer break this time?
[
/QUOTE]

Ken ,This little guy came to me via a claim.This horse has been a challenge,Scared silly of people,Couldnt walk him down the shed without him running backwards as fast as he can run,He was always in his stall trembling and seemed to hate the light of day.Every race he ran,He didnt drink any water,He wasnt even blowing..He didnt try period..I have worked with this horse for hours getting him to trust me,Geeze you couldnt go in his stall and he would run to the back wall and tremble..It was very sad to see a abused horse come from the stable that he did..I would love to see what his mom did on the turf as his dad was a runner on the lawn.The horse is very shy and doesnt like to get hit with the dirt so he doesnt owe me anything so now I can spot him in turf races.Yes I will run him in starters as long as its the turf.The reason for the front wraps was to determine whether his fetlocks were stinging him even know he wasnt burning and the wraps could cushin him.

kenwoodallpromos
10-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Mom on pedigreequery.com does not show a race.
GRANDSIRE= From Pacing Post throughh Google- "THORN DANCE (USA) 20-y-o (11 Mar 1986) b h Current Owner: Saeed Maktoum Al Maktoum
Northern Dancer(CAN) (10.5f) - Barb's Bold(USA) (Bold Forbes (USA)(11.3f)) Current Trainer: H R A Cecil
Breeder:

DATE RACE CONDITIONS RACE OUTCOME JOCKEY OR TS PM
14Jul89 Nby 6Fm F,9K 3/5 6L, Green's Canaletto[6/4F] 8-8 Pat Eddery — 81 95
20Jun89 Asc 8Fm 3yG1F,113K 5/5 15½L, Shaadi[9/4] 9-0 S Cauthen — 88 —
27May89 Hay 6Fm 3yF,10K 2/5 ¾L, Kerrera[5/2] 8-11 S Cauthen — 105 108
16Aug88 Yor 7Fm 2yF,12K 1/5 1½L, Batshoof[30/100F] 9-5 S Cauthen — — —
30Jul88 Nmk 6Gd 2yMdF,3K 1/14 5L, Northern Habit[6/4F] 9-0 S Cauthen — — —
Details of horses trained outside GB and Ireland or born prior to 1986 may be incomplete

Whitehos
10-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Bad enough ya have to learn Spanish to work the tracks. Now ya gotta learn French to use this Board.
Whitehos