PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Spank the Yankees

michiken
10-07-2006, 10:26 PM
It has been 19 years but we are well deserving....

The Tigers SPANK the Yankee Nation! OOHRAH!

Murderer's row goes home as silent as kittens......

GO Tigers.

the_fat_man
10-08-2006, 12:22 AM
As a lifelong YANKEE HATER and NY resident

I'm in heaven:ThmbUp:

Problem with the Yankee nation:

they think that PAYING BIG BUCKS for BIG DICKS

means that YOU, BY DEFAULT, HAVE THE BIGGEST DICKS AROUND

Never ceases to amuse me when a club with NATURALLY BIG DICKS

gives them the SHAFT:lol::lol:.

And they're left wondering
how it could be possible, with all their money,

that there can be BIGGER DICKS out there

there's NATURAL and there's STORE BOUGHT, boys

Now, only a town with a bad case of BIG DICK ENVY
would pack it in at Yankee stadium to the tune of 4 MILL a year
and they love their IMPLANTED boys
(BIG is BIG, no matter what the method)

Imagine actually being a Yankee fan

:lol:

These are the precious times of the year for me.

Sorry PA, couldn't resist bashing them

Now, If I could only get through on monday with a call to Mike and the MadDog and that smug Yankee lover, fellow FATMAN, Francesa.

Needless to say, the Mad Dog will BEND HIM OVER GOOD.

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2006, 03:35 AM
fat man, when I delete this post, just realize it's because of too much dick talk....has nothing to do with you bashing the Yankees....

The Judge
10-08-2006, 11:12 AM
I listen to sports talk in The City (there is only one The City) don't know alot about the Yankees but these guys say that A-Rod gets his hits at none crucial times and fails to come threw when the chips are down, any truth in that?

Libertus1
10-08-2006, 11:14 AM
The best thing (at least to me) about being a Yankee fan is that I would rather support a team that people spend so much energy bashing than a team that people care less about if they lose.

I agree with a lot that has been written at this site -
http://www.nomaas.org -
I like Torre, but his handling of pitching is suspect. A-Rod gets too much of the blame in my opinion. I think the yanks made a mistake by not signing Beltran, and getting Randy Johnson instead.

Valuist
10-08-2006, 12:20 PM
This isn't redboarding because I've said this before during football season: high powered offensive minded teams struggle to win in the post-season. The game IS different in the playoffs. Ask the Indianapolis Colts, the Sacramento King and Dallas Maverick teams of earlier this decade.

Ask the Chicago White Sox who had a nice offense last year but great starting pitching. What happens this year? The offense is tremendous but the great pitching goes south, and the Sox don't make the post-season. The Tigers are this years version of the 2005 White Sox.

Offense gets the glory
Defense wins championships

Bubbles
10-08-2006, 01:19 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ar5QjKQjFYdgC50ymD50Wow5nYcB?slug=ap-yankees-torre&prov=ap&type=lgns

Of all people to get rid of in Yankee land, they get rid of one of the best managers in the bigs? Let's see. You've got a $250-million third baseman that's done squat in the postseason. You've got Sheffield, who may only have a season or two left. You've got starting pitching that could be better. And you remove Joe Torre?

Idiots. That's not Yankee-bashing, that's just the way it is.

PlanB
10-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I recall saying how little Georgie got 4 $200M, but NO, I was derided & yeah
banished, but what a difference a year makes. The Yankees are BEGINNING
to understand why $$$ canNot buy the title; it's what finance guys like me
and Warren Buffet have always know (WB a lot longer) ....

Bubbles
10-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Derek, I think there were other reasons for your banishment! ;)

KingChas
10-08-2006, 09:04 PM
[url]

Idiots. That's not Yankee-bashing, that's just the way it is.

Perhaps you could tell us who you root for ? Or what bandwagon you jumped on this year? :rolleyes:

Bubbles
10-08-2006, 09:16 PM
KingChas, I'm an Angels fan. They had a good year this year, just horrid luck and nobody to hit behind Vladdie. Figgins had an off-year, and Colon was nowhere to be found. Seemed like whenever they won, the A's won, and whenever they LOST, the A's won.

KingChas
10-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Bubs,thanks for the answer.The only thing I can see with George's logic is that since Billy's (Martin) gone he needs a manager that will wake these overpaid clowns up.Joe Torre has so much class you have to like him win or lose.And should enter the HOF for his career and manager longetivity with George.As for the Yanks without pitching "foget about it". :D

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2006, 09:55 PM
I recall saying how little Georgie got 4 $200M, but NO, I was derided & yeah
banished, but what a difference a year makes. The Yankees are BEGINNING
to understand why $$$ canNot buy the title; it's what finance guys like me
and Warren Buffet have always know (WB a lot longer) ....

Huh?

headhawg
10-09-2006, 10:29 AM
I made a bet two months ago which seemed a good one at the time -- the Tigers would either not make the playoffs or would lose in the first round. Well, my White Sox tanked (piss poor underachievers), and Detroit gets in as the Wild Card. I thinking that I'm still pretty golden as the Tigers were playing like crap being swept by the Royals and now have to play the (@#$%!) Yank-mees in the first round. It pained me to have to root for them bums from New York, and now after their quick exit I have to say I hate those rat bastards even more. :mad:

I guess $200 million doesn't buy as much as it used to. :lol:

Valuist
10-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Headhawg-

Don't you think the Tigers from this year are similar to last year's Sox? Very solid starting pitching and a solid, but unspectacular lineup that didn't have too many weaknesses. All I heard from die hard Sox fans early in the season was Detroit was phony; they'd fold.......all the same things that critics of the White Sox said in the first half of 2005.

headhawg
10-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Valuist,

I couldn't agree with you more. The resemblance between last year's White Sox season and Detroit this year is pretty amazing. If the Tigers sweep the next two series it will be just downright eerie.

And not to hijack this thread but "Go Bears!"

Valuist
10-09-2006, 11:27 AM
If the Super Bowl was right now, no question they'd be a strong favorite.

If the playoffs started right now, I'd say Bears vs Chargers would be the Super Bowl. LT against the Bears defense would be a great plot line.

Bathless
10-09-2006, 01:35 PM
I think Pee Wee Herman will coach a Super Bowl winner before Marty. Same goes for Coughlin, Green(e?) and Edwards. Especially Edwards.

Wiley
10-09-2006, 01:39 PM
The city is definitely on cloud 9 and Leland owns the place. Friday and Saturday were unbelievable wins, Rogers and Bonderman threw career games. Before the Tigers go out on the field on defense Leland says "Catch the ball fellas". They definitely 'caught the ball' against the Yanks.

"If you don't like Jim Leland you don't like baseball" - a quote from SI earlier in the year. The Tiger - A's series should be a good one and the winner, hopefully the Tigers, cruise in the WS.

Funny thing on Saturday around the 8th inning one of the Fox announcers brought up how good this was for the much maligned, disrespected cities in the country, Detroit, and that this disrespect was as wide as the 'Windsor' river, referencing the river that runs through the city...... it's the 'Detroit' river.

Suff
10-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Offense gets the glory
Defense wins championships

I'm inclined to rebut you with the following "little known fact"

The 2006 Boston red Sox set an ALL-TIME Major league record for error-less games.
105 games without an error.

The 2006 Boston Red Sox set an ALL-TIME Major league Record for consecutive games without an error.
11 consecutive games without an error.

Valuist
10-09-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm inclined to rebut you with the following "little known fact"

The 2006 Boston red Sox set an ALL-TIME Major league record for error-less games.
105 games without an error.

The 2006 Boston Red Sox set an ALL-TIME Major league Record for consecutive games without an error.
11 consecutive games without an error.

To me, pitching is part of defense. In fact its the biggest part of the defensive equation. Yes, catching the ball is important to but pales in comparison to the quality of hurler on the mound.

Suff
10-09-2006, 02:40 PM
To me, pitching is part of defense. In fact its the biggest part of the defensive equation. Yes, catching the ball is important to but pales in comparison to the quality of hurler on the mound.

I was not disagreeing with you... I agree with you, and even more so in short series, ...............pitching and D-fence!

However its something to think about when you consider how terrible the Sox were after the all-star break that they would break these records...

If I told you before the season a team would break ALL-TIME records like I just showed you.....while fielding an offense like the Sox did..... ?

I think it would surprise you if they DID NOT make the playoffs...

--------------
back to the Yankee's
---------------

They suck and embarrassed the AL East.

Valuist
10-09-2006, 02:59 PM
I agree. In fact, your statement applies to BOTH Sox teams. I had a White Sox UNDER 91 1/2 future bet that I had written off as lost at the All-Star break. They tanked as well.

Only thing I can think of is that errors don't always tell the whole story. Great defensive players have more range and get to balls that lesser fielders don't get to, and occasionally they get errors on them.