PDA

View Full Version : 48 minutes to post

Suff
10-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Lets see... NYRA signal hasn't hit the Up-link all day... so I imagine after watching two lame pools... they figured they'd be better off waiting?

60 minutes between race 2 and 3?

Now I'm no Diplomat...nor do I play one on TV... But I called NYRA today....and I asked the woman on the phone at about 12:45.....

and she knew NOTHING ABOUT IT!. So away she sends me to OTB...

Where I ask a fellow..."when is the signal going up?" to which he responds

"who is this?"....:lol:
--

Its a F'ing customer yea dummy... where's the signal????

I could go on...but you get the drift. They were about as interested in NO SIGNAL as a Hole in the head... Until they saw the pools...:D

I LOVE AMERICA!!

Suff
10-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Belmont ParkTransmission problems delay cardBy MIKE FARRELL
ELMONT, N.Y. - The start of the third race at Belmont Park on Friday was delayed at least a half hour as the New York Racing Association tried to restore the audio and video signal to over 1,000 off-track and simulcast outlets. Wagering was also interrupted at some offtrack sites.

Post time on the tote board for the third race was revised to 2:30 p.m. The race was originally scheduled for 2:02 p.m. NYRA spokesperson Fran LaBelle Jr. blamed the failure on fiber-optic lines from Verizon. The delay also pushed back the Pick 6, starting with the fourth race with a carryover of $456,860.

cj
10-06-2006, 03:41 PM
P6 wagering, with a big carryover, was canx? NYRA is really struggling this year.

Ron
10-06-2006, 04:11 PM
My god, what a bunch of twerps. So the reason for cancelling the pick 6 was because they weren't getting the expected pool?

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2006, 11:18 AM
If I were a pick 6 player going after a carryover, and expecting a huge pool as a result, I would be very unhappy if I put a large chunk into the bet, only to discover the pool was much smaller than expected due to technical problems.

Shit happens at every track now and again.

aaron
10-07-2006, 11:45 AM
PA
How about if you put in a pick 6 play and saw the pick 6 was cancelled ?
Wouldn't that be more aggravating than a smaller pool.Imagine,someone who put in a play that would have hit.
Their were no happy endings with the cancellation.

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2006, 12:10 PM
aaron,

Yes, I'd be mighty pissed, no doubt.

rrbauer
10-09-2006, 10:17 AM
PA
How about if you put in a pick 6 play and saw the pick 6 was cancelled ?
Wouldn't that be more aggravating than a smaller pool.Imagine,someone who put in a play that would have hit.
Their were no happy endings with the cancellation.

How about if you put your P6 bet in before they announced the cancellation. Then had to wait until the day's races were over to get your refund even though the results were irrelevant!