PDA

View Full Version : .NET - What is it and what can it do?

kingfin66
10-05-2006, 11:54 PM
My brother asked me to come up with some type of gambling type of application for his .NET final. I have just posed the same question to him as far as what .NET is, but he does not have a knowledge of gambling, horse racing, etc. I, therefore, would like to pose these questions to the members of PA.

What is .NET?

What kind of useful applications might it have to horse racing?

michiken
10-06-2006, 06:17 AM
Here is an explaination of what .NET is (http://www.microsoft.com/net/basics.mspx)

kingfin66
10-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Thanks. I had already found that. I should mentioned that. I still don't fully understand what that means in layman's terms. Also, it does not answer my second question regarding .NET's application to handicapping. Thanks for the link.

kenwoodallpromos
10-06-2006, 05:50 PM
. com (commercial) was meant for businesses, .net(network) for any groups, >org (oragnization) for non-profits.
I think you can use ,net if you have from free info, forums, that type of stuff.
I think .net handicapping would be good if you are just looking to toss ideas around or put put free information. like turfpedia or have a bulletin board.

rrbauer
10-07-2006, 09:50 AM
.NET is Microsoft's answer to the Java-based development tools for web services. It has nothing to do with handicapping!

JustRalph
10-07-2006, 09:20 PM
.net is another failed MSFT program................