PDA

View Full Version : Nice paying Maiden angle.

Fastracehorse
10-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Simply route to sprint.

2 at Belmont this past weekend: 12-1 and 5-1.

Both Maidens went route 2 weeks before their victory. Both trainers were terrible at the move :) One had blinks off. Both had breezes a few days before their wins.

For hard 'n fast speed fig players: Both horses were between 10 and 14 adjusted Beyer speed figure points of the high speed fig horse - which helps make the price.

fffastt

46zilzal
10-03-2006, 02:09 PM
increasing stamina

tboles
10-03-2006, 03:34 PM
I use this one also. I look for trainers that have shown profit with this angle and look in the horses past performance lines, qualifying the horse if this move has been successful in the past. Couple other qualifiers are used as well.

Returns are nice, but be able to handle a drought at times....

JustRalph
10-04-2006, 01:09 AM
not a bad angle in any race

JackS
10-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Good point. I'm usually going the other way though i.e-sprint to route especially in Mdn/Mcl and Nw's.
Route to sprint can work well at times in weak to mediocre fields in which the router will be known not to be short at any sprint distance. The question will always be- can he be fast enough early to stay in touch with everything else? Depending on these horses to run everything down in the stretch can be risky but depending on the make-up of the race and the odds offered, might be a good bet.
Someone once wrote about and praised the 1mi/wk in maiden races. Although this may not be absolute proof that you will get a nice run today, it is pretty much proof that this horse is physically fit to be allowed to work a mile.
Thanks for the tip. I'll pay more attention to routers from now on.

toetoe
10-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Light had that 26-bucker Saturday.

My question is whether we cut it off at 8f. Being at one turn at Bel, can 9f-to-7.5f be considered RTS? 7.5-to7?:)

xciceroguy
10-05-2006, 01:33 AM
I use the adding or taking off the blinks angle.