PDA

View Full Version : How would a Dem president handle this?

sq764
10-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Cause I am sure however Bush handles it, it will be ridiculed.. Just curious how are resident Dem consultants would handle this looming elephant..

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/10/03/nkorea.nuclear/index.html

46zilzal
10-03-2006, 11:22 AM
bottom line: you don't know. The INDIVIDUAL would do what he/she thought best. That's all one can guess.

Tom
10-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Poorly.

wes
10-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Only the wash woman will know?

wes

Secretariat
10-03-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't know how a dem PRez would handle it, but I would tell N. Korea that we'd sit down and talk face to face providing they suspend testing. I'd give them a deadline to sign the non-proliferation treaty, and a moratorium on testing. In reponse, I'd lift humanitarian sanctions.

It's a start. The situation has been going on for 50 years now. You don't work your way out of that quickly.

However, my guess is GW will do nothing. A lot of rhetoric. North Korea does not have any oil.

JustRalph
10-04-2006, 01:04 AM
I don't know how a dem PRez would handle it, but I would tell N. Korea that we'd sit down and talk face to face providing they suspend testing.

yeah, that worked so well for Clinton........ :rolleyes:

Tom
10-04-2006, 06:23 PM
That's what they want - to be rewarded for bad behavior.
Perhaps a new appraoch - missle strikes to the capital when they mis behave.
Khadafy responded postively to a missle in his toilet.

Secretariat
10-04-2006, 09:03 PM
yeah, that worked so well for Clinton........ :rolleyes:

Since when did N. Korea sign a non-proliferation treaty, and a moratorium on testing under Clinton?

The Korean situation will not go away by hoping China will resolve it. It's GW naivete.

skate
10-07-2006, 07:29 PM
so they keep telling uncle George, back when we went to Iraq, you should wait until the rest of the world decides to go with you, George.

so uncle George is waiting for others to move "IT" along with iran, sudan, n.korea.

it becomes a joke, when the A- holes go "push- push- push, do -something do- something, please help us".

so now it looks like uncle George is gonna wait for others to get involved.

gees, after acting like children(too many feeble people), the only way to bring about some strength in the world, have others do something on their own.

skate
10-07-2006, 07:40 PM
yeh sec;

seems like i remember, during the 90s, we did give n korea some important equipment. something about, they couldn't figure " how to keep their rockets straight"
but i agree, you cant call that a "treaty", but rather a "Dumb - Ass" big time move.

well, they have finnally figured out how to work with "gyrations", thanks to aunt billy. word has it , billy thought it was only silly putty, so we really can't blame her.

richrosa
10-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Let us not forget that in 1994, then President Bill Clinton agreed to provide North Korea with two light water nuclear reactors and 500,000 metric tons of oil annually. The US spent $6 billion on constructing the nuclear reactors, which now empowers North Korea to produce 100 nuclear bombs each year.

Thanks Bill!!

kenwoodallpromos
10-09-2006, 01:50 PM
However the Trilateral Commission tells him/her to. In this case, go for 6=party talks.

skate
10-09-2006, 04:28 PM
ya ya ya, thanks rich.

i was thinking of the equipment deal we made with china during the 90s.

ya that was nuke stuff for n.korea.
so many presents, it's tough keeping them all straight.

old "jimma" along with aunt billy, was involved with the n. korea nuke deal, i believe.