PDA

View Full Version : Homeschooling not sounding too bad...

sq764
10-02-2006, 12:57 PM
CNN Alert:

-- Multiple people have been shot at an Amish school in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, a state police spokesman says.

This is getting flat out insane anymore.. You have to worry about your child being gunned down everyday when you send them off to school..

shanta
10-02-2006, 01:03 PM
CNN Alert:

-- Multiple people have been shot at an Amish school in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, a state police spokesman says.

This is getting flat out insane anymore.. You have to worry about your child being gunned down everyday when you send them off to school..

This is getting crazy. Back when I was in school ( late 70's) there was a little weed, once in a blue moon a knife might appear, fistfights were common.

Today - Nobody fights with their hands anymore. Little kids ( grammer school) showing up with automatic pistols and the like. Kids killing kids.

Now we have these loonies going in and shooting up the joint then killing themself. Why not leave the first part out and just kill yourself. Miserable rat bastards.

twindouble
10-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Home schooling, just doesn't work. Kids need be with their friends and peers. Online schooling is just as bad, ljb and others here haven't learned anything after months of schooling. :bang:

T.D.

sq764
10-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Home schooling, just doesn't work. Kids need be with their friends and peers. Online schooling is just as bad, ljb and others here haven't learned anything after months of schooling. :bang:

T.D.
I do agree with this, it was said tongue in cheek.. But sending them to school with full body armor is not an option either..

sq764
10-02-2006, 01:34 PM
6 people confirmed dead.. Not sure how many were children.. This makes me sick to my stomach.. Really hits home..

ljb
10-02-2006, 02:08 PM

T.D.
Too bad those little urchins weren't packing heat. That nasty old pos would never have got away with this. Just like the dude in Colorado, if those 16 year old girls had been allowed to carry, that creep would not have gotten away with molesting them and killing one of them. That is the problem here, damn gun control. I say we should start a program where the tykes can carry as soon as they can heft the thing.
Yes sir we can take our country back from the thugs again.
Now TW tell me I ain't learnt nothing on this board. I dare ya ! :lol:

GameTheory
10-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Most home schooling means you essentially create your own class with a bunch of other home-schooled kids under an organized framework. (There are home schooling companies.) So the kids are not isolated with no friends around as many think. Home-schooled kids have shown no special problems with socializing or anything -- in fact, they do better than public school kids in just about any category you can name. I don't have kids, but if I did I would never in a million years send them to a public school...

Secretariat
10-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Just horrific. Guy killed only little girls. Carl Roberts was his name. Something about revenge for something 20 years ago. Madness.

Homeschooling? This is a one room Amish schoolhouse in the middle of nowhere.

sq764
10-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Most home schooling means you essentially create your own class with a bunch of other home-schooled kids under an organized framework. (There are home schooling companies.) So the kids are not isolated with no friends around as many think. Home-schooled kids have shown no special problems with socializing or anything -- in fact, they do better than public school kids in just about any category you can name. I don't have kids, but if I did I would never in a million years send them to a public school...
I do agree with one part of your post - Our child is not going to public school.. We thought about starting him in private school from 4th grade on, but recently (maybe subconciously), we decided it was worth every penny to shell out $7 or 8 grand to start at the preschool level.. I think this recent crap just sealed the deal

sq764
10-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Just horrific. Guy killed only little girls. Carl Roberts was his name. Something about revenge for something 20 years ago. Madness.

Homeschooling? This is a one room Amish schoolhouse in the middle of nowhere.
This is the insane part of it - as anyone who has been to Amish Country at any time, it's the quiestest, slowest living known to man.... The people up there barely speak to you, let alone have ill will.. Just shows there are sick bastards in every corner of the world.

Secretariat
10-02-2006, 02:27 PM
This is the insane part of it - as anyone who has been to Amish Country at any time, it's the quiestest, slowest living known to man.... The people up there barely speak to you, let alone have ill will.. Just shows there are sick bastards in every corner of the world.

Amen.

Bala
10-02-2006, 03:09 PM
There is another variable you may not have considered.

If you recall the Columbine High School massacre, in the aftermath numerous physiologist and phychiatrist were called in to piece together the killers mental state. Depending on the doctors area of expertise their were as many varied professional opinion as there were doctors studding this atrocity. There was no consensus except one.

It seems that the kids who engage in this murders behavior have this in common:

No not music, or video games but drugs. That is prescription drugs such as antidepressants and/or anxiety medications. Long term use of antidepressants lead to suicidal tendencies. In notes this right in the prescription inserts.

Another thing, I don’t’ have the exact link but I remember a statistic from the American Medical Association for the drug Ritalin. Ritalin is used mostly for young students that display some degree of ADD and AHAD. {attention deficit disorder} As hard as it is to believe – American children consume 80% of the world’s production of Ritalin. http://www.breggin.com/ritalin.html

I am not saying that prescription drugs are the root cause of said behavior. It is another avenue that is rarely discussed in the media. However, the internet hosts any number of websites from parents who are desperate to have their side of the story told. To label the parents as uninvolved in their children’s lives is simple minded thinking.

The drugging of our children…..very sad!
http://gnhealth.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1115

http://gnhealth.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1113

http://gnhealth.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1120

46zilzal
10-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Nasty stuff. Have seen some come into the ER on it. Addictive and often unpredictable clinical results.

Street alternative to speed aka amphetamines

sq764
10-02-2006, 04:54 PM
I hear they locked down 2 Las Vegas schools today to search for a kid with a rifle.. Multiple school incidents in the same day, 3000 miles apart.. Amazing

DJofSD
10-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Have seen some come into the ER on it.

Is the ER your regular "post"?

46zilzal
10-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Is the ER your regular "post"?
No, but go into there once twice a week now. Overdoses were seen during clinical rotations and residency along with bunch of crazy things.

Before medical studies I used to hang out at the ER of the general. Better than television.

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2006, 12:19 AM
This is all just part of the huge CIA psyops designed to disarm America so that the Bush revolution/dictatorship can be rendered complete. They brainwash these loner patsies to go around shooting up schools so that the average Joe Schmo will be begging the gov't to take our guns away.....

A disarmed America is so much easier to bring to its knees, don't you think?

I'm shocked that those who accuse the Bush administration of being tyrannical and a danger to the WORLD, are also those (in the same breath, mind you) who want to disarm the average American.

You anti-administration folks should be the last people on earth pushing for tougher gun control laws.....(LJB, are you listening??????)

PS. I'm actually kidding about the CIA psyops.....or am I?

dav4463
10-04-2006, 12:29 AM
There are Home School associations now that have their own sports teams and other social gatherings. I have a neighbor whose kids are home schooled and they appear to be as normal as they can be and Happy. I know the ones I have officiated in high school basketball games are always very respectful and seem to be good kids for the most part. It is night and day compared to officiating public school games. They play against other home schools or private schools.

rastajenk
10-04-2006, 02:23 AM
I thought I heard today...err, yesterday, I guess, that the shooter was home-schooled.