PDA

View Full Version : 8th race belmont 10/1 scr help

Dennis-MW
10-01-2006, 06:28 PM
When the 1a(MTO-in a race taken off turf) was a late scr at 442 pm (same time as the 9) why was not a refund and consos instead of players stuck with the 1
Thanks for your consideration

PaceAdvantage
10-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Didn't see the race....if the 1 and 1a were both running, but the 1a was a gate scratch, then it should have been a purse money only situation for the 1.....

Did someone screw up, or are there different rules for off the turf events?

Dennis-MW
10-01-2006, 07:47 PM
i agree pa... i think either it was an early scr not reported to the hubs or the stewards failed to scr the entry after the scr of the mto on a race transfered to the dirt.... hold your tickets
i commented to the nyra people about there new reporting of scr since the belmont meet-duh... i think its bad
im gonna have to pick u up on the way to belmont and see whats up there lol
ps- you can double check what im saying by going to youbet and checking scr time of the 1a

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2006, 02:56 AM
I'm confused now.....a person who was at Belmont today told me that the only gate scratch in the 8th was the 9......Curvature

Are you sure the 1a was scratched after the 7th race went official?

Perhaps the time on YouBet is incorrect....it's been known to happen before....

Dennis-MW
10-02-2006, 11:35 AM
i bet the 8th with maybe 5 mtp and at that time youbet showed both 1 and 1a running.
After 8th became official i saw that the 1a was now scratched and i checked 'late changes' and saw that the scr time for the 1a and the 9 was 442pm.
I also went to nyra site/equibase and they showed the 1a as a late scratch but no time was given there.

Ron
10-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Interesting..they do show LATE on the NYRA site

http://www.equibase.com/premium/changes/BEL-changes.asp