PDA

View Full Version : Abramoff knew Iraq would happen 1 year before

hcap
10-01-2006, 04:09 AM
http://www.democrats.reform.house.gov/abramoff/index.asp

"Following Mr. Abramoff's guilty plea in January, President Bush and other top White House officials issued repeated statements that Mr. Abramoff was a virtual stranger to the White House. The documents reviewed by the Committee tell a different story. They show that between January 2001 and March 2004, there were 485 lobbying contacts between Mr. Abramoff and his associates and White House officials."

From Dailykos....

http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/10/1/0185/88184

Abramoff Knew US Would Invade Iraq in March, 2002

" Newly-disclosed e-mails from the Minority Chair of the House Government Reform Committee Henry Waxman provide new areas of insight into Jack Abramoff's closeness to the Bush administration. Most shocking of all (at least of those I've been able to read so far) is that Abramoff off-handedly mentions "the upcoming war in Iraq." The date--March, 2002.

The following is available in doc dump two, page 26:

To: 'octagon1'
Monday, March 18, 2002 8:31 AM
Subject: RE: Sunday

I was sitting yesterday with Karl Rove, Bush's top advisor, at the NCAA basketball game, discussing Israel when this email came in. I showed it to him. It seems that the President was very sad to have to come out negatively regarding Israel, but that they needed to mollify the Arabs for the upcoming war on Iraq. That did not seem to work anyway. Bush seems to love Sharon and Israel, and thinks Arabfat, is nothing but a liar. I thought I'd pass that on."

.................................................. ..................................................

F**k these bastards that got us into this war!
They knew ALL ALONG they were going to war. They lied about war being the last resort. They never were going to wait for the UN inspectors to finish.
It's obvious.

To the lemming crusaders who support "WWIII", the American people and congress would have never supported invading Iraq if they knew it had been the agenda no matter what the truth actually was.

You are not entitled to manipulate the rest of us into your take on reality.

JustRalph
10-01-2006, 06:22 AM
[url]You are not entitled to manipulate the rest of us into your take on reality.

Sure you are. If you are the President you can take us into any war you want. Been like that a long time.

Secretariat
10-01-2006, 07:00 AM
Sure you are. If you are the President you can take us into any war you want. Been like that a long time.

Uh...check the Constitution again, it's the Legislative that decides, not the Executive:

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec8.html

"To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;"

JustRalph
10-01-2006, 07:09 AM
Uh...check the Constitution again, it's the Legislative that decides, not the Executive:

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec8.html

"To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;"

yeah right, you guys still don't understand how government works do you?

I forgot, you haven't been in charge of the government for a while..... :lol:

maybe you will get your chance next year........... :bang:

Secretariat
10-01-2006, 07:15 AM
yeah right, you guys still don't understand how government works do you?

I forgot, you haven't been in charge of the government for a while..... :lol:

maybe you will get your chance next year........... :bang:

I thought the law of our government was founded on the Constitution. Can you enlighten me, why Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution isn't applicable for GW? What does it have to do with who's in charge of the government? It should apply to all Presidents. Why would the Founders put this into the Constitution to be ignored?

ljb
10-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Sec,
Bush and the neocons are rewriting the constitution. The new one will more closely resemble their ideal theocracy.

Tom
10-01-2006, 11:33 AM
Congress ok'd it.

ping

Secretariat
10-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Congress ok'd it.

ping

Tom,

Doesn't go to what JR wrote:

"If you are the President you can take us into any war you want."

This was what I was responding to. In the case of Iraqi War Resolution, I agree Congress shirked on its duty.

Tom
10-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Sec, F_O_C_U_S!

I was not replying to Ralph.
YOU said what about Article 1......I replied to YOU.

RIF

46zilzal
10-01-2006, 12:54 PM
[To the lemming crusaders who support "WWIII", the American people and congress would have never supported invading Iraq if they knew it had been the agenda no matter what the truth actually was.

You are not entitled to manipulate the rest of us into your take on reality.
not a big surprise

kenwoodallpromos
10-01-2006, 01:51 PM
So you are saying there is an email from Demo Waxman about an email from Abrohoff to someone else about a conversation Ab had with Rove about an email Ab got from someone else saying Bush did not like Arafat?
Well that settles it! IMPEACH BUSH!!LOL!!

46zilzal
10-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Ashley Henderson Huff------ another life wasted.

http://www.legacy.com/bostonglobe/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=19372488

Secretariat
10-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Sec, F_O_C_U_S!

I was not replying to Ralph.
YOU said what about Article 1......I replied to YOU.

RIF

Tom, F_O_C_U_S!!

I WAS replying to Ralph.
Your reply to me did not reflect what Ralph was saying.

Tom
10-01-2006, 07:55 PM
*sigh*
Sec,
this is getting monotonous - YOU posted this Q?:

I thought the law of our government was founded on the Constitution. Can you enlighten me, why Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution isn't applicable for GW?

To which I replied:

Congress ok'd it.

In reply to you.

Really, RIF

Lefty
10-01-2006, 09:17 PM
As Tom said, Dems voted for war. Now they want to Monday morn quarterback, and when we win it they will fall all over themselves to take credit.

JustRalph
10-01-2006, 09:23 PM
As Tom said, Dems voted for war. Now they want to Monday morn quarterback, and when we win it they will fall all over themselves to take credit.

absolutely perfect. They were saying the same thing about Saddam in 1998. Now they want to forget what they said and monday morning quarterback.

Duplicity on display once again...........

:sleeping:

Secretariat
10-01-2006, 09:28 PM
*sigh*
Sec,
this is getting monotonous - YOU posted this Q?:

I thought the law of our government was founded on the Constitution. Can you enlighten me, why Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution isn't applicable for GW?

To which I replied:

Congress ok'd it.

In reply to you.

Really, RIF

Yes, and I asked that question to JR in respect to his comment --

"If you are the President you can take us into any war you want."

Nowhere do I even mention the Iraq disaster. I was asking JR why Article I, Section 8 of the constitution isn't applicable to GW? (and then you cut off the rest of my comment) What does it have to do with who's in charge of the government? It should apply to all Presidents. Why would the Founders put this into the Constitution to be ignored?"

Your response on a question not directed to you is that Congress approved it. But I wasn't even referring to Iraq, but to "all Presidents" of which GW is one...taking us into any war you want.

My point to JR is the Constitution assigns the declaration of war to the legislative, not the executive.

The Judge
10-01-2006, 11:37 PM
The truth is we all knew a year before that there was going to be a war. He may have known the date and "we" didn't but it was clear ,the media was doing its damndest to pump us up for one.

Secretariat
10-02-2006, 02:26 PM
The truth is we all knew a year before that there was going to be a war. He may have known the date and "we" didn't but it was clear ,the media was doing its damndest to pump us up for one.

Accurately stated.

Tom
10-02-2006, 05:42 PM
I was calling for it more than a year before.
We should have finished the job the first time.
We had them by the balls and let them go.

Lefty
10-02-2006, 06:32 PM
I was calling for it more than a year before.
We should have finished the job the first time.
We had them by the balls and let them go.
That's what happens when you throw in with the U.N.

46zilzal
10-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Rummy the flip flopper

Lefty
10-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Rummy the flip flopper
46, you know so little of the world that it's frightening.

46zilzal
10-02-2006, 09:36 PM
I know that clowns make dangerous liasons and then TRY to pretend differently.

Lefty
10-02-2006, 09:50 PM
I know that clowns make dangerous liasons and then TRY to pretend differently.
You mean like Clinton okaying the Noth Korean nuke prgm?

Tom
10-03-2006, 05:47 PM
You mean like Clinton okaying the Noth Korean nuke prgm?

And NAFTA, and the Chinnese connection?
Wow, ole BIll sold us down the river. Many of today's problems tace directly to his failed presidency and general idiocy about national security.

46zilzal
10-03-2006, 06:31 PM
getting to be the only supporters of the fiasco in the Middle East are pictured right here.

46zilzal
10-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Sgt. Mario Nelson, 26, of Brooklyn, N.Y.,
Staff Sgt. Joe A. Narvaez, 25, of San Antonio, Texas,
Cpl. Chase A. Haag, 22, of Portland, Ore.
Lance Cpl. Christopher B. Cosgrove III, 23, of Cedar Knolls, N.J.
Cpl. Aaron L. Seal, 23, of Elkhart, Ind.

All on October 1st as it goes on and on and on and on to appease the neocons fantasy

Lefty
10-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Sgt. Mario Nelson, 26, of Brooklyn, N.Y.,
Staff Sgt. Joe A. Narvaez, 25, of San Antonio, Texas,
Cpl. Chase A. Haag, 22, of Portland, Ore.
Lance Cpl. Christopher B. Cosgrove III, 23, of Cedar Knolls, N.J.
Cpl. Aaron L. Seal, 23, of Elkhart, Ind.

All on October 1st as it goes on and on and on and on to appease the neocons fantasy
A coward like you, using the deaths of our brave troops to get across his fantasy of what's right is an act of treason in my book. You're one guy i'd like to get hold of and i mean that literally.

46zilzal
10-03-2006, 10:04 PM
A coward like you, using the deaths of our brave troops to get across his fantasy of what's right is an act of treason in my book. You're one guy i'd like to get hold of and i mean that literally.
I'm shaking

46zilzal
10-03-2006, 10:16 PM
81 in September alone with NO SIGNS of let up.

Lefty
10-03-2006, 10:27 PM
It's called war, cindy, i mean zilly and you have problems discerning who the enemy is. You're probanly the biggest phony on this board.

46zilzal
10-03-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm easy on them. Listen to some of this guy:"If he thought it would advance his political agenda in the slightest, Karl Rove would crush a kitten as quick as you'd crack an egg. If he could blame it on al Qaeda, Dick Cheney would order special ops to vivisect your mother, yank her heart out, dice it with a cheese grater, sprinkle it on a contaminated spinach salad, and force feed it down your throat with a toilet plunger. Donald Rumsfeld would anally rape your infant daughter with a smile on his face, if he could spin it as an excuse to shorten a press conference."

or "So they'd send your son to die for nothing, not once but twice if they could."
at http://www.unknownnews.org/060928a-hh.html

Bala
10-03-2006, 11:54 PM
".......Dick Cheney would order special ops to vivisect your mother...."
I'd like to nominate Dick for the Nobel peace prize. After all if Yasser Arrafat
could win Cheney should prove to be a lock.

Now if only Dick and Condy could compile a gangta rap cd.......that would be the
bomb man.

46zilzal
10-04-2006, 12:03 AM
October 3rd, 2006
'Tragic day' claims eight US soldiers in Baghdad

By Paul Schemm / AFP

BAGHDAD - At least 17 US soldiers have been killed around Iraq since Saturday, including eight in a single day in Baghdad, the US military announced, saying the toll had brought "a tragic day".

Lefty
10-04-2006, 12:11 AM
I'm easy on them. Listen to some of this guy:"If he thought it would advance his political agenda in the slightest, Karl Rove would crush a kitten as quick as you'd crack an egg. If he could blame it on al Qaeda, Dick Cheney would order special ops to vivisect your mother, yank her heart out, dice it with a cheese grater, sprinkle it on a contaminated spinach salad, and force feed it down your throat with a toilet plunger. Donald Rumsfeld would anally rape your infant daughter with a smile on his face, if he could spin it as an excuse to shorten a press conference."

or "So they'd send your son to die for nothing, not once but twice if they could."
at http://www.unknownnews.org/060928a-hh.html
Some nuts opinion. That's the diff btween us zilly boy, I spout mostly facts you spout mostly opinions.

46zilzal
10-04-2006, 12:13 AM
CHOKE on some facts: American Deaths
Since war began (3/19/03): 2727

not even up to date........reckless waste of human beings

Lefty
10-04-2006, 12:15 AM
October 3rd, 2006
'Tragic day' claims eight US soldiers in Baghdad

By Paul Schemm / AFP

BAGHDAD - At least 17 US soldiers have been killed around Iraq since Saturday, including eight in a single day in Baghdad, the US military announced, saying the toll had brought "a tragic day".
Yes, a tragic day. That's why we must defeat the terrorists. Zilly, what's your purpose in merely repeating the news? Angling for a cracker?

Lefty
10-04-2006, 12:24 AM

Here's some facts for ya, if we don't fight these guys and defeat them the whole world is in danger. I know you prefer a Pres like Clinton,
"Diddle while the world burns" but thank God for a real man with the vision to know when to fight. I resent you categorizing these brave men and women as having died for nothing.

46zilzal
10-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Here's some facts for ya, if we don't fight these guys and defeat them the whole world is in danger. I know you prefer a Pres like Clinton,
"Diddle while the world burns" but thank God for a real man with the vision to know when to fight. I resent you categorizing these brave men and women as having died for nothing.
gimme your T.S. card so I can punch it for you.

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2006, 01:34 AM
........reckless waste of human beings

Like you're qualified to judge....

Cartman says:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~momkrm/wavs/treehug.wav

46zilzal
10-04-2006, 01:47 AM
Like you're qualified to judge....

Cartman says:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~momkrm/wavs/treehug.wav
a little OUT of date don't you think?

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2006, 01:54 AM
a little OUT of date don't you think?

Not at all.....history is repeating itself, but not the way you think.....

46zilzal
10-04-2006, 01:55 AM
just UNimaginative then........

46zilzal
10-04-2006, 01:58 AM
Not at all.....history is repeating itself, but not the way you think.....
wasted lives, wasted money (unless you are a defense contractor on the take) Just like S.E. Asia was.

Tote Master
10-04-2006, 02:21 AM
46zilzal

Oh Really!
And how many did we lose on 9/11? In what 3 hours!

Oh I forgot, you're not an American! Since when are Canadians so worried about our death count (be they military or civilian). Perhaps if the terrorists in Toronto had succeeded you might be singing a different tune. But then again from what I've seen of your posts you seem to be oblivious to reality anyway.

Personally, I think that you get off on just stirring up the pot on these Off Topics. Here in NY (at least) we've got your number pal. You've got as much credibility around here as the rest of your liberal (perhaps Communist) Canadian brethren.

The only thing that's a WASTE is seeing your ridiculous posts on subjects that are apparently beyond your comprehension.

Why not focus on your own Illustrious Government? We could have a field day with them!

JustRalph
10-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Tote........ good post. Love it..........

46zilzal
10-04-2006, 10:28 AM
another who needs to squelch dissenting points of view. TOUGH. For the umpeenth time, I have the same passport as you do.

yes killing more and more people who had NOTHING to do with a tragedy makes it okay.....now that's great logic!

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2006, 06:08 PM
yes killing more and more people who had NOTHING to do with a tragedy makes it okay.....now that's great logic!

Police actions don't work in this instance....you seem to be crying out for police action (catch the REAL killers, right?)

Tom
10-04-2006, 06:43 PM
http://www.mundoblaineo.com/sounds/hereyare.wav

http://www.chunder.com/carrots/killed.wav

46zilzal
10-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Police actions don't work in this instance....you seem to be crying out for police action (catch the REAL killers, right?)
ever see a single post from me about Afghanistan?

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2006, 10:46 PM
ever see a single post from me about Afghanistan?

There have been so many posts, I don't have a clue what the answer is to your question.

46zilzal
10-04-2006, 11:00 PM
transplanted from another thread: no go after them WHERE THEY ARE. HINT: it wasn't Iraq until the rutabaga opened Pandora's box and created a jihad poster boy.

Let's see : terror guys all Saudi's and two Egyptians
planners and leaders hiding out in Afgahinstan......

Give you a hint as to where they WERE?

46zilzal
10-05-2006, 03:02 AM
A very good show about what real SCUM Abramoff, Delay, Ralph Reid, Mike Scalon, Ney and Grover Norquist are, EVERYONE of them should be put away a very long time.

hcap
10-05-2006, 07:12 AM
So tenet and black brief condi about bin laden ready to attack us.
Tenets' hair is on fire. They both drive furiously to condi. What does sleeza do? brushes it off and tells 'em, to brief other biggies in the adf**k**gministration.

So does rummy and "let the eagles soar" Ashcroft get briefed? You bet your bippies they does....

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/news/nation/15662785.htm

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/07/26/national/main303601.shtml

"In response to inquiries from CBS News over why Ashcroft was traveling exclusively by leased jet aircraft instead of commercial airlines, the Justice Department cited what it called a "threat assessment" by the FBI, and said Ashcroft has been advised to travel only by private jet for the remainder of his term."

Ashcroft gets briefed, and stops flying commercial planes. Gee wouldn't it had been nice if they told the FAA? and the rest of us?

Lefty
10-05-2006, 11:09 AM
A very good show about what real SCUM Abramoff, Delay, Ralph Reid, Mike Scalon, Ney and Grover Norquist are, EVERYONE of them should be put away a very long time.
Another post by the great "neutral"
Was that show on PBS? Moyers is left as you can get. Another reason to pull funding for the PBS network. I'm tired of my tax money funding a leftwing network.

46zilzal
10-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Lefty you are so OUT of touch with reality (like the rutabaga) that I am no longer responding as it is truly a waste of time

Lefty
10-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Lefty you are so OUT of touch with reality (like the rutabaga) that I am no longer responding as it is truly a waste of time
That's hilarious coming from you. I think EVERYONE on this board knows why. You're not responding to me because you have no cogent arguments. Just hate talk.

46zilzal
10-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Ashcroft gets briefed, and stops flying commercial planes. Gee wouldn't it had been nice if they told the FAA? and the rest of us?
I love the story about his losing an election to a dead man.

Lefty
10-05-2006, 11:36 AM
I love the story about his losing an election to a dead man.
Yeah, he stopped campaigning in deference to the widow. It's called class; something dems know nothing about.

46zilzal
10-05-2006, 11:47 AM
No one had ever posthumously won election to the Senate, though voters on at least three occasions chose deceased candidates for the House.

and the Soaring Eagle was the incumbent.

Lefty
10-05-2006, 11:58 AM
No one had ever posthumously won election to the Senate, though voters on at least three occasions chose deceased candidates for the House.

and the Soaring Eagle was the incumbent.
Then you realize that he didn't lose to a dead man then , making you and Moyers preposterous!
Ashcroft halted his campaign and lost to the widow who took the seat. Hard to beat the sympathy vote.

46zilzal
10-05-2006, 12:04 PM
from a Missouri news site:Ashcroft, a conservative one-term senator from Springfield, has stepped up his campaign dramatically since the crash, both criss-crossing the state and flooding the airwaves with ads.

46zilzal
10-05-2006, 12:27 PM
another 10-12 poor slobs are dead in October already and I'm sure the prosthetists are busy fitting on artifical arms and legs to several others. They are getting very good with lightweight carbon graphite, but the patients never quite are able to translate the rotational forces of the hip to the ground without getting inflammation at the stump (called Stump burn).

Even today the best artificial leg (mechanically) is a peg leg so the patient can rotate over a stable position.

46zilzal
10-05-2006, 01:21 PM
"Four U.S. soldiers patrolling in Baghdad were killed by gunmen on Wednesday, the U.S. military said, also announcing the deaths of two other soldiers a day earlier in Baghdad and the northern city of Kirkuk. The deaths brought to 21 the number of Americans killed in combat since Saturday." David Rising Associated Press.

Tom
10-05-2006, 06:47 PM
And yet.....you keep it up.
7 of the last 14 posts are by you.
Melt down! :lol:

Secretariat
10-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Speaking of Abramoff, they just keep coming. This one goes directly to Rove's staff.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061006/ap_on_go_pr_wh/white_house_abramoff

White House aide to Rove resigns

By DEB RIECHMANN, Associated Press Writer
48 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - A key aide to presidential political strategist Karl Rove resigned Friday in the wake of a congressional report that listed hundreds of contacts between disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff and the White House.

Tom
10-06-2006, 07:50 PM
So he talks to houses.
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

46zilzal
10-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Marine: Gitmo guards bragged of beatings

By Thomas Watkins / Associated Press

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. - Guards at Guantanamo Bay bragged about beating detainees and described it as common practice, a Marine sergeant said in a sworn statement obtained by The Associated Press.

The two-page statement was sent Wednesday to the Inspector General at the Department of Defense by a high-ranking Marine Corps defense lawyer.

Lefty
10-07-2006, 01:13 AM
Marine: Gitmo guards bragged of beatings

By Thomas Watkins / Associated Press

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. - Guards at Guantanamo Bay bragged about beating detainees and described it as common practice, a Marine sergeant said in a sworn statement obtained by The Associated Press.

The two-page statement was sent Wednesday to the Inspector General at the Department of Defense by a high-ranking Marine Corps defense lawyer.
Cub reporter only re-reports news that's unfavorable to this admin and is offtopic as well. But he's neutral, ya'know...

Tom
10-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Gitmo prisonners rfeceive better treatment/fodd/acccomodatins than normal US prisons. It was reported yesterday that most are gaining weight.

Personally, I prefer beating the hell of them on a daily basis. Remember who they area and where they came from. If we get them and torture the, it is allah's will.

46zilzal
10-07-2006, 11:40 AM
this is ashamed
Sailor testifies about killing of Iraqi

By Linda Deutsch / Associated Press

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. - A Navy corpsman testified Friday that Marines in his patrol seized an Iraqi civilian from his home, threw him into a hole and put at least 10 bullets in his head and chest after growing frustrated in their search for an insurgent.

Petty Officer 3rd Class Melson J. Bacos said he saw a Marine put fingerprints from the victim onto a rifle and on a shovel to implicate him as an insurgent.

"I was shocked and I felt sick to my stomach," Bacos said.

Lefty
10-07-2006, 11:56 AM
this is ashamed
Sailor testifies about killing of Iraqi

By Linda Deutsch / Associated Press

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. - A Navy corpsman testified Friday that Marines in his patrol seized an Iraqi civilian from his home, threw him into a hole and put at least 10 bullets in his head and chest after growing frustrated in their search for an insurgent.

Petty Officer 3rd Class Melson J. Bacos said he saw a Marine put fingerprints from the victim onto a rifle and on a shovel to implicate him as an insurgent.

"I was shocked and I felt sick to my stomach," Bacos said.
Stuff like this happens in every war. Hope you're not trying to paint all our brave men and women with the broad brush of seletive news items. Cause that appears to be what you are doing. Of course, so does the mainstream press, cubbie.

Lefty
10-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Yeah, prisoners treated so bad at Gitmo that most of them are gaining weight.

46zilzal
10-07-2006, 12:13 PM
big surrpise DICK

Cheney: GOP control of Congress needed for president's agenda

By Phil Davis / Associated Press

SARASOTA, Fla. - Vice President Dick Cheney on Friday stuck to the familiar themes of maintaining tax cuts and staying the course in the war on terror as reasons to keep President Bush's Republican allies in control of Congress.

The midterm elections on Nov. 7 will have "enormous consequences for this nation one way or the other," Cheney told a crowd of about 200 people at a $1,000-a-plate luncheon to raise money for Republican congressional hopeful Vern Buchanan.

Tom
10-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Being in Gitmo, getting tortured, probably still beats the hell of living under Sadaam! Tough to mistreat people from toilet bowl countries.

Secretariat
10-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Unbeleivable documentary report on PBS on Jack Abramoff, Ralph Reed, and Grover Norquist and the K Street Project as well as Tom Delay, Bob Ney and the gang on Capitol Crimes on PBS.

If you do not understand this whole Abramoff thing, you owe it to yourself to see this show.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/moyersonamerica/capitol/index.html

46zilzal
10-07-2006, 10:58 PM
caught that PBS show and it made the thing all the more outrageous.

46zilzal
10-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Jeb Bush gets rude welcome

Police disperse angry protesters in Downtown T-station

By Ervin Dyer / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, in town for a fund-raiser for Sen. Rick Santorum, had a close encounter with a large group of anti-Republican protesters as he was making his way to the Duquesne Club, Downtown.

It was about 4:15 yesterday when Mr. Bush met up with the protesters near the corner of Liberty and Sixth avenues. The protesters were marching to join other pickets already gathered in front of the exclusive club, a little more than a block away at 325 Sixth Ave.

Protesters said Gov. Bush blew them a kiss, acknowledging the crowd of about 30 chanting pickets that was made up of United Steelworkers and members of Uprise Counter Recruitment, a tour traveling through 22 cities to support anti-war efforts.

The protesters came closer.

"Jeb, go home," they shouted.

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2006, 03:38 AM
30? Wow, what a turnout. So very newsworthy.....

"Anti-Republican protesters"

You gotta love the press.....

What's next?

Secretariat
10-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Jeb Bush gets rude welcome

Police disperse angry protesters in Downtown T-station

By Ervin Dyer / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, in town for a fund-raiser for Sen. Rick Santorum, had a close encounter with a large group of anti-Republican protesters as he was making his way to the Duquesne Club, Downtown.

It was about 4:15 yesterday when Mr. Bush met up with the protesters near the corner of Liberty and Sixth avenues. The protesters were marching to join other pickets already gathered in front of the exclusive club, a little more than a block away at 325 Sixth Ave.

Protesters said Gov. Bush blew them a kiss, acknowledging the crowd of about 30 chanting pickets that was made up of United Steelworkers and members of Uprise Counter Recruitment, a tour traveling through 22 cities to support anti-war efforts.

The protesters came closer.

"Jeb, go home," they shouted.

Nothing like a couple of steelworkers to put Jeb back into the closet.

Lefty
10-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Everytime a conservative or near conservative gets near a college campus to spk, there are unruly protesters. Now they're protesting Jeb in Fla. Seems to me these libs give lipservice to free speech, but don't really blve in it. I'd say the schools doing a good job of brainwashing our kids.

Tom
10-08-2006, 11:58 AM
They obviously can't challenge repubs on issues where facts come into play - that is why they scream - that is all they have. Big mouths with nothing behind them.

Secretariat
10-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Everytime a conservative or near conservative gets near a college campus to spk, there are unruly protesters. Now they're protesting Jeb in Fla. Seems to me these libs give lipservice to free speech, but don't really blve in it. I'd say the schools doing a good job of brainwashing our kids.

Lefty,

Are you saying that those steelworkers in Pittsburgh protesting were liberal kids from a college campus?

Lefty
10-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Lefty,

Are you saying that those steelworkers in Pittsburgh protesting were liberal kids from a college campus?
No, i'm just saying liberals really don't blve in freespeech. They don't want an exchange of ideas; they want to silence the opposition. Do yuh get it now or do i need to explain it further. Geesh...

Secretariat
10-11-2006, 05:10 PM
No, i'm just saying liberals really don't blve in freespeech. They don't want an exchange of ideas; they want to silence the opposition. Do yuh get it now or do i need to explain it further. Geesh...

How does this relate to your reference to college campus, and your prvious mention of the steelworker incident?

Of course liberals beleive in free speech. Your statement is absurd.

Lefty
10-11-2006, 07:57 PM
How does this relate to your reference to college campus, and your prvious mention of the steelworker incident?

h\unblvble, bub. Two thghts there. One about college campuses and one about libs attacking jeb. Try to follow along.
I'm ridiculouswhen i say libs don't blve in free speech. They run people offstage with pies and other aggressive actions; they shout dn instead of having a debate and one of the gals that unfurled the banner on stage when the minuteman spoke as a signal for the others to rush the stage said on tv last night the subject wasn't debateable. and people like the minutemen werent welcome at the college or in NY. Now the broad speaks for NY? I'm absurd? Yeah, right.

Tom
10-11-2006, 08:49 PM

Bullshit.
When's the last time yo saw hoards of conservatives shouting down libs speakers, and actually attacking them? The scum element is predominately liberal democrat.

Truth scares libs.

Secretariat
10-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Bullshit.
When's the last time yo saw hoards of conservatives shouting down libs speakers, and actually attacking them? The scum element is predominately liberal democrat.

Truth scares libs.

Nah, we're not scared of the truth. It's been in a short commodity in Washington under this admin. We didn't need to lie about WMD's and meetings with Jack Abramoff and page scandals. We don't need to outshout the loud mouth buffons like Coulter and Limbaugh and Hannity. Lies have a way of catching up with you, and it's getting closer to November.

Lefty
10-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Nah, we're not scared of the truth. It's been in a short commodity in Washington under this admin. We didn't need to lie about WMD's and meetings with Jack Abramoff and page scandals. We don't need to outshout the loud mouth buffons like Coulter and Limbaugh and Hannity. Lies have a way of catching up with you, and it's getting closer to November.
Actions spk louder than words. If you ndon't need to do this stuff then why do you do it. Answer: Cause that's all you got.
And you are lying about WMD's cause all the DEms said they had em. And you keep saying Bush lied. If he did so did all those dems who are on tape saying he did. So quit the lying. You keep repeating the lie and i'll keep bring up dems hypocrisy in this matter.

46zilzal
10-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Mohammed Atta meeing Iraqis in the Czech republic
David Kay repeating over and over NO WMD
Uranium from Niger
aluminum tubes
mobile labs

the list goes on and on. PURE FABRICATION

listed amongst other places: http://www.alternet.org/story/16274

Lefty
10-12-2006, 01:18 AM
46, and what about Madelyn Allbright, Clinton Himself and all top level dems saying there were wmd's? You saying thse Dems lied? Did you read Kay's report are just the dems talking points about it? He says in the report that Iraq was full of outside terrorists.
And don't forget Saddam had enriched uranium and old wmd's were found. Any of that mean anything to you? Does the truth mean anything to you?

46zilzal
10-12-2006, 11:21 AM
46, and what about Madelyn Allbright, Clinton Himself and all top level dems saying there were wmd's? You saying thse Dems lied? Did you read Kay's report are just the dems talking points about it? He says in the report that Iraq was full of outside terrorists.
And don't forget Saddam had enriched uranium and old wmd's were found. Any of that mean anything to you? Does the truth mean anything to you?

you are simply full of shit

Lefty
10-12-2006, 11:28 AM
you are simply full of shit
Like I said before, you cannot defend your position. I state facts, you write epithets.

46zilzal
10-12-2006, 12:04 PM
rational people take yesterday's data and, before acting, check more recent data. I could just imagine how practitioners in the medical field would perform utilizing last week's CBC/differential rather than one from 24 hours ago.

case in point: updated data FROM THE SOURCE was ignored since the neocons had this on their agenda (New American Century) since the early 1990's and were just waiting for the opportunity to implement it. Opportunity was the 9/11 anguish. Kill Kill Kill

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/01/25/sprj.nirq.kay/

46zilzal
10-12-2006, 01:05 PM
from Willie Nelson:"So when will the troops come home? When we won't put up with it anymore--when we change our government. And how will we do that? By voting the bastards out! On November 7th, you should vote for anyone who's against the war and vote against anyone who's for the war. It's that simple.

When I wrote the song "Whatever Happened to Peace on Earth" (LYRICS) at Christmastime in 2003, a lot of people were for the war, a lot of people didn't know the facts or the truth. But people are waking up now. They're learning that they were lied to about the war."

Lefty
10-12-2006, 09:59 PM
46, rational people do not single out one person to call a liar when several have said the same thing long before he said it.

And here's just one thing in the article that maybe you glossed over.

It was the consensus among the intelligence agencies that Iraq had such weapons that led Bush to conclude that it posed an imminent threat that justified the U.S.-led invasion, Kay said.

Lefty
10-12-2006, 10:00 PM
46, now you're quoting a well known dopehead? Kinda at the bottom of your barrel aren'tch big boy?

lsbets
10-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Weed With Willie
(Toby Keith/Scotty Emerick)

I always heard that his herb was top shelf
I just could not wait to find out for myself
Don't knock it til' you tried it, Well I tried it my friend
And I'll never smoke weed with Willie again

I learned a hard lesson in a small Texas town
He fired up a fat boy and passed him around
The last words that I spoke before they tucked me in
Was I'll never smoke weed with Willie again

46zilzal
10-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Ney looks a lot older than 52. Hope jail doesn't kill him.