PDA

View Full Version : Some Repub Congressman resigns..

Secretariat
09-29-2006, 05:29 PM
At least Clinton waited till they were legal . Reports say it was a 16 year old page - and a boy!! I didn't think it got much worse than Abramoff, but now they're after teenage boys. More GOP morality lessons.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/09/foley_resigns_o.html

Foley Resigns Over Sexually Explicit Messages to Minors
September 29, 2006 3:02 PM

Brian Ross and Maddy Sauer Report:

Rhonda Schwartz contributed to this report.

Saying he was "deeply sorry," Congressman Mark Foley (R-FL) resigned from Congress today, hours after ABC News questioned him about sexually explicit internet messages with current and former congressional pages under the age of 18.

46zilzal
09-29-2006, 05:34 PM
in reality it just says that this PERSON is of questionable morals. Because he happens to be a republican, is just a coincidence.

Secretariat
09-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Foley resigns from Congress over e-mails

By DAVID ESPO and JIM KUHNHENN, Associated Press Writers 18 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Rep. Mark Foley (news, bio, voting record), R-Fla., resigned from Congress on Friday, effective immediately, in the wake of questions about e-mails he wrote a former teenage male page.

In 2003, Foley faced questions about his sexual orientation as he prepared to run for Sen. Bob Graham (news, bio, voting record)'s seat. At a news conference in May of that year, he said he would not comment on rumors he was gay. He later decided not to seek the Senate seat to care for his parents.

According to the CREW posting, the boy e-mailed a colleague in Alexander's office about Foley's e-mails, saying, "This freaked me out." On the request for a photo, the boy repeated the word "sick" 13 times.

He said Foley asked for his e-mail when the boy gave him a thank you card. The boy also said Foley wrote that he e-mailed another page.

"he's such a nice guy," Foley wrote about the other boy. "acts much older than his age...and hes in really great shape...i am just finished riding my bike on a 25 mile journey now heading to the gym...whats school like for you this year?"

In other e-mails, Foley wrote, "I am back in Florida now...its nice here...been raining today...it sounds like you will have some fun over the next few weeks...how old are you now?" and "how are you weathering the hurricane...are you safe...send me an email pic of you as well."

What the boy wrote to Foley, who is single, wasn't available. The e-mails were sent from Foley's personal account, which Foley spokesman Jason Kello says he uses to communicate with many people, including Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

Efforts to reach the boy were unsuccessful, but he told the St. Petersburg Times last November, "I thought it was very inappropriate. After the one about the picture, I decided to stop e-mailing him back." The Times didn't publish the comments until Friday.

JustRalph
09-29-2006, 06:38 PM
out of 500 Congressmen........ I am sure there are few more perverts left.

One down............many to go

sq764
09-29-2006, 06:54 PM
The most relieved man in the world right now has to be Mcgreevy..

kenwoodallpromos
09-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Do you really want me to compare this ti the MARRIED DEMO GOV. of NJ who committed adultery with a guy who worked for him?
The answer is simple- vote 3rd party instead of trying to prove which of the two gutter parties are worse!
Its likke arguing over whether the VA sen or the WV senator was a bigger racist 50 years ago! Dump them all!

Tom
09-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Real classy move, SEc - trying to paint a whole lot of people with your sick litte brush. This is not about politics, it is about a sick, dangerous person who should be put away. Ralph is right - you want to do a poll on wich side has the most child molesters?

You really go low at times. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Ponyplayr
09-29-2006, 07:05 PM
At least Clinton waited till they were legal . Reports say it was a 16 year old page - and a boy!! I didn't think it got much worse than Abramoff, but now they're after teenage boys. More GOP morality lessons.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/09/foley_resigns_o.html

Foley Resigns Over Sexually Explicit Messages to Minors
September 29, 2006 3:02 PM

Brian Ross and Maddy Sauer Report:

Rhonda Schwartz contributed to this report.

Saying he was "deeply sorry," Congressman Mark Foley (R-FL) resigned from Congress today, hours after ABC News questioned him about sexually explicit internet messages with current and former congressional pages under the age of 18.
There are quite a few of his persuasion in Palm Beach County..Why do you think they hate Rush so much!!! He gives them HELL!

PlanB
09-29-2006, 07:18 PM
A Republican could never write a McGreevy book because (a) Anything more
than 30 pages is a Bush-Rice-Cheney cover-up; (b) Soul Bareing to a
Republican is when once he ate spare ribs. Republicans lack experiences in
life. Their circle is small. RE: FOLEY & 16yr old pages, how dumb can you
be, but having gone to a boys HS, 16's are on the cusp, and a easy HANDS
OFF would suffice, but this page is just grand standing. Yeah Foley should
have acted smarter, but if DEMS are so liberal, why are they head hunting now?

Secretariat
09-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Do you really want me to compare this ti the MARRIED DEMO GOV. of NJ who committed adultery with a guy who worked for him?
The answer is simple- vote 3rd party instead of trying to prove which of the two gutter parties are worse!
Its likke arguing over whether the VA sen or the WV senator was a bigger racist 50 years ago! Dump them all!

I don't approve of what McGreevy did, but he is a NJ politician, and not one affecting national policy, and what he did was with a consenting adult, not like this dude. Between guys like this and slime like Ney let's hope people have seen enough of the GOP on a national level for awhile.

sq764
09-29-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't approve of what McGreevy did, but he is a NJ politician, and not one affecting national policy, and what he did was with a consenting adult, not like this dude. Between guys like this and slime like Ney let's hope people have seen enough of the GOP on a national level for awhile.
tying the GOP to a sick pedophile is certainly your stupidest work yet. I've pretty much disagreed with everything you have to say about politics, but at least it could be a justifiable opinion. But to lump all Republicans in with this guy in saying 'let's hope people have seen enough of the GOP' is just plain idiotic.

Secretariat
09-29-2006, 10:39 PM
tying the GOP to a sick pedophile is certainly your stupidest work yet. I've pretty much disagreed with everything you have to say about politics, but at least it could be a justifiable opinion. But to lump all Republicans in with this guy in saying 'let's hope people have seen enough of the GOP' is just plain idiotic.

Just following the Clinton lead.

JustRalph
09-29-2006, 10:54 PM
Republicans lack experiences in life. Their circle is small.

What in the sam hell does that mean?

Ponyplayr
09-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Just following the Clinton lead.
Maybe Barney Franks could have given Foley a few pointers.

JustRalph
09-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Maybe Barney Franks could have given Foley a few pointers.

yeah, and Frank stayed in office after his male concubine was running a house of prostitution out of Barney's house. This guy Foley........was smart and got out on a Friday. Traditionally the slowest of news days. His constituency would never put up with this. The fact that it was a young man, who worked as a page in Congress makes it different than Frank's situation, but not much better. In fact, it didn't make one bit of difference when Clinton was massaging Monica's uvula. Nor the fact that he sodomized her with one of Cuba's finest. Diddling the help happens on both sides of the aisle I guess.

highnote
09-30-2006, 12:53 AM
What I don't get is how Foley could rise to such high office. There were rumors about him being gay in 2003. That was red flag #1.

What's even dumber is that he rose to such high office and then sends suggestive instant messages to a 16 year old boy. :rolleyes:

I guess he really wasn't too interested in politics. He had to have known his behavior was risky. The only thing riskier would have been to stand in front of a TV camera and admit what his sexual preferences are.

I will chalk this up to self-sabotage. He couldn't have been so dumb as to not know he might get caught. Or could he?

Suff
09-30-2006, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE]
trying to paint a whole lot of people with your sick litte brush.

Yes.

This is not about politics,

yes it is.
you want to do a poll on wich side has the most child molesters?

yes, I do.

Tom
09-30-2006, 09:48 AM
It's about politics, eh?

How so, oh enlighteed one - buty please hurry - I have read enough Boston Bullshit to last me a while - you are going to Iggy soon. With the rest of them that have not posted anything worth reading in over a year. No time to read Twerp postings.

Suff
09-30-2006, 10:01 AM
It's about politics, eh?

How so, oh enlighteed one - buty please hurry .

The resignation rocked the Capitol, and especially Foley's GOP colleagues, as lawmakers were rushing to adjourn for at least six weeks. House Majority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) told The Washington Post last night that he had learned this spring of some "contact" between Foley and a 16-year-old page. Boehner said he told House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.), and that Hastert assured him "we're taking care of it."

Tom
09-30-2006, 11:16 AM
So let me get this straight - according to your reasoning, when Teddy K left that poor girl to drown while he ran to try to cover his ass, it was a reflection not on his lack of character, but on the democrats as a party?

JPinMaryland
09-30-2006, 11:41 AM
yeah, and Frank stayed in office after his male concubine was running a house of prostitution out of Barney's house. .....

I thought you republicans were in favor of free enterprise? I guess only if a republican is making money off it..

Suff
09-30-2006, 12:28 PM
I thought you republicans were in favor of free enterprise? I guess only if a republican is making money off it..

http://www.agitprops.org/gannon.html

JustRalph
09-30-2006, 02:31 PM

Sure I am. Legalize prostitution for the entire country. I am all for it. I have arrested hookers and the John's, it is a bullshit law and not worth the price. Prostitution goes on all the time. We should tax it.

You can make a phone call any night of the week, 24 hours a day and a limo will show up with some of the finest looking honeys you ever want to see. The limo will wait outside. How many hours you want? You are just fine unless the neighbors complain...............and we are talking Columbus Ohio here, not Vegas.

Tom
09-30-2006, 06:07 PM
What was that number again, Ralph? :rolleyes:

JustRalph
09-30-2006, 06:18 PM
What was that number again, Ralph? :rolleyes:

PM's Tom! I told you, PM's!!! :lol:

Secretariat
09-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Is it true Hastert knew about this for months?

ljb
09-30-2006, 07:52 PM
It's about politics, eh?

How so, oh enlighteed one - buty please hurry - I have read enough Boston Bullshit to last me a while - you are going to Iggy soon. With the rest of them that have not posted anything worth reading in over a year. No time to read Twerp postings.
Easy does it here Tom, If you continue with your ignore list you may have only yourself and Lefty to talk to here. And we all know how ignorant that will make you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
09-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Hassert has no idea what the number is. I asked him.

highnote
09-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Hassert has no idea what the number is. I asked him.

:lol: You read my mind. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-30-2006, 11:54 PM
People who attempt to take isolated incidents and extrapolate them onto a greater population in order to bolster their agenda are generally a waste of time.

CryingForTheHorses
10-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Talk about a hypocrit..Here ths guy stands with YOUR president denouncing this kind of behavour as Mr Bush signs a law.Man does this guy have some explaining to do,Lucky for the pages he was caught.Im sure there is a lot more of this story to come when others start to squeal.I hope he is hanging his head like a dirty dog.His poor mom who baked brownies for his reelection parties must be heart broken..This guy need to get out of Dodge. :ThmbDown:

PlanB
10-01-2006, 08:39 PM
And what brownies they musta been.

rrpic6
10-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Sure I am. Legalize prostitution for the entire country. I am all for it. I have arrested hookers and the John's, it is a bullshit law and not worth the price. Prostitution goes on all the time. We should tax it.

You can make a phone call any night of the week, 24 hours a day and a limo will show up with some of the finest looking honeys you ever want to see. The limo will wait outside. How many hours you want? You are just fine unless the neighbors complain...............and we are talking Columbus Ohio here, not Vegas.

Sounds like a road trip to Beulah Park in my future! How much do I need to win to get the limo?:eek:

rrpic6
10-01-2006, 09:13 PM
People who attempt to take isolated incidents and extrapolate them onto a greater population in order to bolster their agenda are generally a waste of time.

I agree totally. How does Limbaugh exist then? Some of his examples....All those wacko-liberals in blogosphere land and wacko-left wing environmentalists, along with 2 wars, one against Iraq and the other being Democrats vs. America.

JustRalph
10-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Sounds like a road trip to Beulah Park in my future! How much do I need to win to get the limo?:eek:

$750 an hour. And that was in 1995. I am sure inflation has changed the business model by now...........

Suff
10-02-2006, 11:35 AM

* Remember

You changed the title of this thread from something along the order of

"Blue state Values"

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25078&highlight=vermont+Judge

cratman
10-02-2006, 12:47 PM
It is remarkable that the names change but the attitudes remain the same, that many politicians (in both parties) believe that the rules applicable to the rest of us do not apply to them if they are in power, and the longer they are in power, the less the normal rules apply to them. Depending on what the leadership knew and when they knew it, this may turn out to be even more sordid.

kenwoodallpromos
10-02-2006, 04:32 PM
We are in the middle of the Demo's eletion blitz trashing Repubs- soon the Repubs (I say 2 weeks) will beging their minutia trashing of all things Demo!
I'll just avoid the fray and vote mostly 3rd party and against incumbents!
Throw ALL the bums out and start over!!

CryingForTheHorses
10-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Talk about a hypocrit..Here ths guy stands with YOUR president denouncing this kind of behavour as Mr Bush signs a law.Man does this guy have some explaining to do,Lucky for the pages he was caught.Im sure there is a lot more of this story to come when others start to squeal.I hope he is hanging his head like a dirty dog.His poor mom who baked brownies for his reelection parties must be heart broken..This guy need to get out of Dodge. :ThmbDown:

What a joke this phony guy is..REHAB/ :lol: .I guess since he thinks he is a celebrity,going to rehab like all the stars do will make it all ok..This guy is a pedifile in the truest form..Looks good on him..Hope some big guy make him pray/pay

Tom
10-02-2006, 06:57 PM
What a real dirt bag this guy is.
And more than a few people knw about it.
I hope everyone involved is outed and pays severe penalties.
What do these guys think they are, PRIESTS? :bang:

Lefty
10-02-2006, 08:39 PM
But this guy's case points out differences between Repubs and Dems. He resigned knowing Repub constituents would no reelect him. Dems never resign, such as Barney Frank, Clinton himself and others. In fact, Clinton even commuted one perverts sentence. The guy is scum no repub will defend him and that's a major diff btween Repubs and Dems.

highnote
10-02-2006, 08:47 PM
But this guy's case points out differences between Repubs and Dems. He resigned knowing Repub constituents would no reelect him. Dems never resign, such as Barney Frank, Clinton himself and others. In fact, Clinton even commuted one perverts sentence. The guy is scum no repub will defend him and that's a major diff btween Repubs and Dems.

I thought it was only Dems who painted the opposing parties with one broad brush?

Lefty
10-02-2006, 08:49 PM
swety, take a look back, and it's not exactly a broad brush.

cratman
10-02-2006, 10:15 PM
No one will defend him now because there is no political benefit in it, and only a downside. This should not be suprisng, and would be the case for almost any politician or political party.

If it turns out that he was not effectivley investigated due to political considerations, then his political crime, from the standpoint of those who made the decision not to rigourously investigatge this matter, may have been that he was caught. Such thinking, if it did occur, reflects a deep cynicism and a win at all costs mentality that does not bode well.

Lefty
10-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Dems always defend this type of perf, that's the diff in the parties. They stood by Franks when he was cght with a Pros, they stood by Clinton when he defiled the oval office and took advantage of a gullible young woman, and Clinton actually commuted another perv's sentence.

cratman
10-03-2006, 04:56 AM
Your examples are inapposite. In each case the individuals you bring up continued in office. Therefore, they retained political power that could be needed and useful in the future. This is not the case here. This individual has resigned and is very unlikely to have any political future.

Politicians of both parites spend a great deal of money creating images that often have little to do with how many of them actually behave. The best recent examples at the national level are Republicans (for example, the deficits run up on the watch of the "fiscally conservative party") but only because the Democrats have had less opportunity to do so becasue they are not in power. If/when they regain power, there is lttle doubt that many of them will act in a manner that is contrary to the image they portray if it seem expedient to do so.

hcap
10-03-2006, 05:45 AM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/

These guys broke the story. There are some new developments.

"But there were lots of warning signs.

In 2001, pages were warned to be careful with Foley."

The Wash Times has called for hasterts' resignation.

JustRalph
10-03-2006, 06:01 AM
The FBI says they reviews this back in the first quarter of the year?

They didn't open a criminal investigation.....interesting.........

JustRalph
10-03-2006, 06:23 AM
No one will defend him now because there is no political benefit in it, and only a downside. This should not be suprisng, and would be the case for almost any politician or political party.

I would beg to differ. I suggest you look up Gary Studds. He had a hands on affair with a page, and I mean, Hands On! And he was re-elected.....!!!

ljb
10-03-2006, 08:14 AM
I would beg to differ. I suggest you look up Gary Studds. He had a hands on affair with a page, and I mean, Hands On! And he was re-elected.....!!!
Are you suggesting Foley should not have resigned and continued in his re-election bid ? If so I am sure Hastert wants to hear from you.

Lefty
10-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Your examples are inapposite. In each case the individuals you bring up continued in office. Therefore, they retained political power that could be needed and useful in the future. This is not the case here. This individual has resigned and is very unlikely to have any political future.

Politicians of both parites spend a great deal of money creating images that often have little to do with how many of them actually behave. The best recent examples at the national level are Republicans (for example, the deficits run up on the watch of the "fiscally conservative party") but only because the Democrats have had less opportunity to do so becasue they are not in power. If/when they regain power, there is lttle doubt that many of them will act in a manner that is contrary to the image they portray if it seem expedient to do so.
You sure missed the point. Your first paragraph illustrates my point. Repubs do not put up with this nonsense and dems circle the wagons. You made my point exactly without even being aware of it.

Lefty
10-03-2006, 11:12 AM
lbj, he's showing you an example of dems and repubs. Dems are now shoing some very selective outrage, they've done it time after time. And Clinton himself commuted the sentence of a perv named Reynolds. Dems just can't pass the smell test.

Lefty
10-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Are you suggesting Foley should not have resigned and continued in his re-election bid ? If so I am sure Hastert wants to hear from you.
This is what I tried to quote in my post above. Lbj, Repubs want resignations of repub pervs and dems circle the wagons and get their pervs reelected or if the go to jail, the dem pres commutes their sentence. Quite a diff eh?

ljb
10-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Ok Lefty,
But it was my understanding that it is the far right that are calling for Hasterts head.
Pedophiles are disgusting no matter what party they support and the republicans refusal to address the issue shows lack of moral fortitude.
Did they look the other way because of the money or was it to hold on to the seat in the house ?
The actions taken by Hastert and company refute your last post.
sorry Lefty, but them damn facts are getting in the way again.

Lefty
10-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Ok Lefty,
But it was my understanding that it is the far right that are calling for Hasterts head.
Pedophiles are disgusting no matter what party they support and the republicans refusal to address the issue shows lack of moral fortitude.
Did they look the other way because of the money or was it to hold on to the seat in the house ?
The actions taken by Hastert and company refute your last post.
sorry Lefty, but them damn facts are getting in the way again.
lbj, you guys keep proving my point. Repubs hate this stuff and chastize their own, Dems just circle the wagons. If it is proven that Hastert has known about this, other repubs will force him to resign. Big diff betqween the dems and repubs eh?
Hannity has been talking about how dems have known about this foley stuff for a long time and chose this election time to feign their moral outrage.
Dems are a joke when they talk about morals.

JustRalph
10-03-2006, 01:25 PM
lbj, he's showing you an example of dems and repubs. Dems are now shoing some very selective outrage, they've done it time after time. And Clinton himself commuted the sentence of a perv named Reynolds. Dems just can't pass the smell test.

Exactly..........Thanks Lefty!

ljb
10-03-2006, 01:56 PM
lbj, you guys keep proving my point. Repubs hate this stuff and chastize their own, Dems just circle the wagons. If it is proven that Hastert has known about this, other repubs will force him to resign. Big diff betqween the dems and repubs eh?
Hannity has been talking about how dems have known about this foley stuff for a long time and chose this election time to feign their moral outrage.
Dems are a joke when they talk about morals.
Repubs did not chastise anyone yet. Come on Lefty face the facts. This bum resigned only after ABC outed his outrageous activities. You guys had him up for re-election and ignored the facts regarding his actions. Just like Iraq, the repubs are in a State of Denial

kenwoodallpromos
10-03-2006, 02:12 PM
All of Congress gets and moral and corruption pass until election time!

Lefty
10-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Repubs did not chastise anyone yet. Come on Lefty face the facts. This bum resigned only after ABC outed his outrageous activities. You guys had him up for re-election and ignored the facts regarding his actions. Just like Iraq, the repubs are in a State of Denial
There's no repub in his corner. Compare that to all the dems scandals!

Tom
10-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Trent Lott, Newt....they don't handle their own eh?
BULLSHIT, ljb - more lies - do you EVER post facts?
This is SO similar to what Clinton did - and YOU guys are still defending him over that one. SO similar to what he did to and intern. Difference is, apparaently, Clinton ws the only one to leave a stain. Who is the bigger SOB sex maniac here?

Tom
10-03-2006, 06:12 PM
This just in - Foley's lawyer says he was molested by a Priest in his youth and is gay.

ljb
10-03-2006, 06:28 PM
There's no repub in his corner. Compare that to all the dems scandals!
Hastert (REPUBLICAN) knew about this creeps activities at least a year ago probably more. What did he do ? NOTHING !! Coverup or hide your head in the sand. Similiar to Republican reactions to the mess in Iraq. DENIAL

Lefty
10-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Trent Lott, Newt....they don't handle their own eh?
BULLSHIT, ljb - more lies - do you EVER post facts?
This is SO similar to what Clinton did - and YOU guys are still defending him over that one. SO similar to what he did to and intern. Difference is, apparaently, Clinton ws the only one to leave a stain. Who is the bigger SOB sex maniac here?
They are both perv's, but Clinton did the deed the other was only e-mails, but the dems still defend their pervert(s)

cratman
10-03-2006, 06:56 PM
You sure missed the point. Your first paragraph illustrates my point. Repubs do not put up with this nonsense and dems circle the wagons. You made my point exactly without even being aware of it.

You are so focused on making your point that you appear to be unaware that we were addressing two different ideas, which is why you still do not understand that the examples you provided did not relate to my earlier point.

With respect to some of your points, it remains to be seen whether and to what extent other parties, including the Republican leadership knew about what was going on yet did not take any action. If it turns out that the Republican leadership in the House did know of many details, but took no action, then this would appear to contradict your view that Republicans do not put up with this nonsense. They do appear to be blaming each other, at least at the present time, which does support your view that they do not circle the wagons.

rrpic6
10-03-2006, 08:26 PM
This just in - Foley's lawyer says he was molested by a Priest in his youth and is gay.

So he's in rehab for being an alcoholic, and a priest molested him? What next? Did he get captured by aliens? Just add his name to the others that take no responsibility for their actions. Abramhoff, DeLay, Noe, Ney, Taft. Send them all to the big house.

Tom
10-03-2006, 09:29 PM
For what it's worth, I think Hasert must go. He is either lying through his teeth or he is the second dumbest jerk on the hill. He doesn't "remeber" being told about the perv months ago! What kind of idiots does this slimeball take us for????? I have no stomach for these low rent creatures - and Bush standing by today was inexcusably bad - he has shown not one once of loyalty to our brave troops in jail for "murder" with bascially zero evidence, jsut the word of lying Iraqi's, but there his is, right there to defend the bottom feeders and thier protectors. He is as low as Foley - maybe worse.

ljb
10-03-2006, 09:38 PM
This congress has brought us Abramoff, Delay, Ney, Cunningham and now Foley.
This congress is sick and not good for the country. Throw the bums out. Hastert and Boehner first to go.

Secretariat
10-03-2006, 10:34 PM
They are both perv's, but Clinton did the deed the other was only e-mails, but the dems still defend their pervert(s)

Lefty, Lefty, Lefty....these were "minors". Lewinsksy was a consenting adult. This guy was harassing children. Precisely, the kind of bill he advocated. Now we find out he's gay and abused by a priest.

But crtman gets to the core of the issue. There will always be perverts. The question is did the House leadership cover it up? There are inconsistencies in the claims of Hastert vs Bonior. Bonior blames Hastert as supposed to have dealt with it quite awhile ago. Obviously, he didn't.

Hastert is now blaming it on the Democrats for bringing it to the public. Well, my God. Thank You. A middle age man harassing young pages, and Hastert's concern is that the Dem's brought it up. He (and congressman Reynolds) should have dealt with this for the page's sakes a long time ago.

Lefty
10-03-2006, 10:56 PM
sec, you really wanna go there. Lewinsky nineteen, enamored of the Pres of the United States, the most powerful figure in the world. Clinton, in his 50, married and taking full adv of the situation. Teachers have went to jail for what he did. She should have been not only impeached, but jailed. He's the most egregious, mosst powerful sexual harrasser on the planet!
Now if you truly wanna go there about age and consent, in Wash 16 IS the age of consent, but Foley did not have sex with him just filthy e-mails.
Now that the story is out, once more so convenient a time for dems, who it's said, also knew what was going on a couple of yrs ago, no repub stands by him and that's what sets them apart from the traitorous, opportunistic, lying ass dems.
Cratman, failed to get my point, too, but I think you guys just acting dense, certainly hope so for your sakes.

46zilzal
10-03-2006, 11:03 PM
two adults getting together. No one forced either to have a rather NORMAL male/female time.

Lefty
10-04-2006, 12:03 AM
So he's in rehab for being an alcoholic, and a priest molested him? What next? Did he get captured by aliens? Just add his name to the others that take no responsibility for their actions. Abramhoff, DeLay, Noe, Ney, Taft. Send them all to the big house.
Clinton, Kennedy, Studds, Reynolds, Murtha, Franks, a younger Kennedy etcerta, etcetera...etcetera!

Lefty
10-04-2006, 12:07 AM
two adults getting together. No one forced either to have a rather NORMAL male/female time.
Do you really call a married 50+ man in the Supreme position of power having sex with a nineteen yr old normal? Yeah, in your twisted world, i reckon so.

46zilzal
10-04-2006, 12:16 AM
Do you really call a married 50+ man in the Supreme position of power having sex with a nineteen yr old normal? Yeah, in your twisted world, i reckon so.
no one was hurt except reputations. What consenting adults do is none of my business.

JustRalph
10-04-2006, 12:51 AM
I can't believe this is on Yahoo News.........but here it is.........

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20061002/bs_ibd_ibd/2006102issues01

~snippet~

Recent polls show Democrats aren't doing very well on several key issues. What better way than a good, old-fashioned sex scandal to get people's minds off such things as the importance of winning the war in Iraq, our ongoing vulnerability to terrorist attack and the necessity of keeping the Bush economic boom going?

As it is, Republicans deny knowing about the explicit text messages that Foley sent to a 16-year-old congressional page back in 2003. In repudiating Foley, House Speaker Dennis Hastert called the messages "vile and repulsive."

Despite this, the immediate take by Democrats and much of the mainstream media was that this was a classic example of Republican hypocrisy -- talking "morals" and "values" while all the time shielding a child predator. But it was nothing of the kind.

If anything, the episode reveals the Democrats' hypocrisy about their own behavior. The fact that Foley resigned virtually within minutes of being told that ABC News had copies of his salacious e-mails and text messages indicates he at least felt shame for his actions. Can the same be said for Democrats?

Sadly, it doesn't seem so. How else can you explain the following?

In 1983, then-Democratic Rep. Gerry Studds of Massachusetts was caught in a similar situation. In his case, Studds had sex with a male teenage page -- something Foley hasn't been charged with.

Did Studds express contrition? Resign? Quite the contrary. He rejected Congress' censure of him and continued to represent his district until his retirement in 1996.

In 1989, Rep. Barney Frank (news, bio, voting record), also of Massachusetts, admitted he'd lived with Steve Gobie, a male prostitute who ran a gay sex-for-hire ring out of Frank's apartment. Frank, it was later discovered, used his position to fix 33 parking tickets for Gobie.

What happened to Frank? The House voted 408-18 to reprimand him -- a slap on the wrist. Today he's an honored Democratic member of Congress, much in demand as a speaker and "conscience of the party."

In 2001, President Clinton, who had his own intern problem, commuted the prison sentence of Illinois Rep. Mel Reynolds, who had sex with a 16-year-old campaign volunteer and pressured her to lie about it. (Reynolds also was convicted of campaign spending violations.)

You get the idea. Democrats not only seem OK with the kind of behavior for which Foley is charged, but also they protect and excuse it. Only when it's a Republican do they proclaim themselves shocked -- shocked! -- when it comes to light.

~more at the link~

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2006, 01:38 AM
* Remember

You changed the title of this thread from something along the order of

"Blue state Values"

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25078&highlight=vermont+Judge

I don't get it....(make sure you use this against me.....lol)

kenwoodallpromos
10-04-2006, 04:41 AM
I guess the old party slogans are out the window- At least they are both forgeting theirs!
Repubs are doing the "cut and run" from this issue and with a new Wall Street record today the demos want nothing to do with "The ecomony, stupid"!LOL!! :lol:

CryingForTheHorses
10-04-2006, 01:24 PM

This is really getting interesting as the week goes on.SO now he says he was molested..I guess he thinks that telling the world that he will be forgiven.He didnt have to tell us he was gay as sending that page emails told us all that.That little peyton place they call the White House has changed color to a soft pink.Hard to beleive how YOUR president hired these guys to watch over the country. :bang:

Secretariat
10-04-2006, 02:01 PM
FOX - the fair and balanced network. Notice anything wrong in this picture displayed on FOX during O'Reilly.

Valuist
10-04-2006, 02:38 PM
out of 500 Congressmen........ I am sure there are few more perverts left.

One down............many to go

And their names are Frist, Goodlatte, and Kyl and any of the others that managed to attach the online bill to the homeland security bill. How underhanded.

JustRalph
10-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Hard to beleive how YOUR president hired these guys to watch over the country. :bang:

What the hell does that mean? Most of these guys were in office before Bush. The President doesn't hire these guys?

JustRalph
10-04-2006, 03:06 PM
FOX - the fair and balanced network. Notice anything wrong in this picture displayed on FOX during O'Reilly.

yeah, we know. They called him a Dem. Big deal. It happens. I have seen it go the other way too............

ljb
10-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Here is a quote from the only Democrat on the House Page Board.

Congressman Dale Kildee (D-MI), the Democratic Member of the House Page Board, released the following statement today:

“In my 21 years as a Member of the House Page Board, every decision has been made on not just a bi-partisan basis but on a non-partisan basis, with our main concern always being the safety and wellbeing of the young teenagers who serve the U.S. House as pages.

“I was outraged to learn that the House Republican leadership kept to itself the knowledge of Mr. Foley’s despicable behavior toward the House Pages.

“I am now equally outraged to learn that Republican House Speaker Dennis Hastert announced today that there will be changes in the policies of the House Page program. Once again, I was not informed of the meeting today, nor was I consulted in any way about any proposed changes."
end quote:
Hastert and his cronies are holding secret meetings to deal with this.
link to complete quote.
http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/mi05_kildee/pr_100206PageStatement.html

Tom
10-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Seems Foley was well known around the Page house - his nickname was FFF.
I suspect TOS prevent me going any further,but you guys are sharp.....:blush:

Lefty
10-04-2006, 06:35 PM
lbj, your post and your source is laughable. The Dems knew too, a long time ago. Now Hanitty is talking about a dem who actually had sex with a page, not just e-mails.

rrpic6
10-04-2006, 08:44 PM
lbj, your post and your source is laughable. The Dems knew too, a long time ago. Now Hanitty is talking about a dem who actually had sex with a page, not just e-mails.

That was an episode of Desparate Housewives he was talking about. Lefty, your memory is pretty good with these scandals. Remember JFK/Marilyn Monroe/RFK? Don't know exactly what position to place Marilyn in that sequence, any position should do. How about Thomas Jefferson and his Black Servant?

Secretariat
10-04-2006, 09:00 PM
yeah, we know. They called him a Dem. Big deal. It happens. I have seen it go the other way too............

On sex scandals? Never saw the Clinton-R posted on FOX.

Tom
10-04-2006, 09:11 PM
It was Clinton-A

JustRalph
10-04-2006, 09:23 PM
It was a Capital "C" for the Cigar Party!

Lefty
10-04-2006, 09:28 PM
That was an episode of Desparate Housewives he was talking about. Lefty, your memory is pretty good with these scandals. Remember JFK/Marilyn Monroe/RFK? Don't know exactly what position to place Marilyn in that sequence, any position should do. How about Thomas Jefferson and his Black Servant?
Yeah, remember them both. The black sevant thing is false, it was Jefferson's brother.
You watch Desperate Houswives? Sounds like a lib show to me or wives married to dems like Clinton.

rrpic6
10-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, remember them both. The black sevant thing is false, it was Jefferson's brother.
You watch Desperate Houswives? Sounds like a lib show to me or wives married to dems like Clinton.

That would make you about 200 years old. You must not like to look at Eva Longoria. She's a girl, and older than 16.

Lefty
10-04-2006, 11:35 PM
about.
I don't know the broad you refer to as i don't watch such crap.

highnote
10-05-2006, 01:00 AM
[QUOTE=Lefty
You watch Desperate Houswives? Sounds like a lib show to me or wives married to dems like Clinton.[/QUOTE]

I think Laura Bush watches the show. She made fun of her husband at a roasting and referenced Desperate Housewives. George looked a little embarrassed. Anyone remember that? I can't remember what she said that was so embarrassing.

46zilzal
10-05-2006, 01:04 AM
My friend Bob played a character who was killed on Desperate Houswifes named Noah Taylor.

Lefty
10-05-2006, 01:24 AM
I think Laura Bush watches the show. She made fun of her husband at a roasting and referenced Desperate Housewives. George looked a little embarrassed. Anyone remember that? I can't remember what she said that was so embarrassing.
I said sounds like to me. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe it's a chicflick type of show. I could care less. And we're way offtopic. Yawn.

highnote
10-05-2006, 01:35 AM
I said sounds like to me. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe it's a chicflick type of show. I could care less. And we're way offtopic. Yawn.

We must be. I don't even know what the topic is. :D

Does anyone remember the roast, though? I thought it was cute. But I remember some radical right-wing religious types being dissapointed in Laura. I thought that was kind of shitty of them. She was just trying to show that she is human and dish out a little good natured ribbing.

JustRalph
10-05-2006, 05:51 AM
We must be. I don't even know what the topic is. :D

Does anyone remember the roast, though? I thought it was cute. But I remember some radical right-wing religious types being dissapointed in Laura. I thought that was kind of shitty of them. She was just trying to show that she is human and dish out a little good natured ribbing.

She said she was a desperate housewife because her husband goes to bed at 9:30 every night..............

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/laurabush/a/laurabushcomedy.htm

rrpic6
10-05-2006, 06:08 AM
about.
I don't know the broad you refer to as i don't watch such crap.

Here's a pic of that "broad", Eva Longoria. Desparate Housewives is a Comedy/Soap Opera same as Congress so I think you'd enjoy watching it.
http://abc.go.com/primetime/desperate/images/downloads/1024x768/dh_1024x768_longoria_01.jpg

ljb
10-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Just got this one off YouBet.
Q. What do Republican congressmen use to mark the spot they stopped reading in a book ?

A. Bent over pages ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lefty
10-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Q. What do Republican congressmen use to mark the spot they stopped reading in a book ?

lbj, prob with you is you have no "sense" of humor. See you can't bend one over in an e-mail. However the Dem Studds ACTUALLY had sex with one so change the R to D and it becomes more logical and a tad funnier. BTW, when Studds was censured the Dems gave him a standing ovation. So their feigned outrage now is a crockm and a mock.

ljb
10-05-2006, 11:33 AM
lbj, prob with you is you have no "sense" of humor. See you can't bend one over in an e-mail. However the Dem Studds ACTUALLY had sex with one so change the R to D and it becomes more logical and a tad funnier. BTW, when Studds was censured the Dems gave him a standing ovation. So their feigned outrage now is a crockm and a mock.
Sorry Lefty but, The feigned outrage is coming from the right. Course it may not be feigned, they are concerned about holding on to their positions.

Lefty
10-05-2006, 11:49 AM
lbj, really? Makes no sense does it. In light of actual examples that i and others have posted about Franks, Reynolds, Studds, and Clinton himself. They defended these pervs relentlessly and now they're outraged over e-mails. Of course the repubs don't wanna lose seats and i'm sick of these guys too rushing in to "eat" their own. But on the whole, Dems all of a sudden outraged over things they've defended in the past.

highnote
10-05-2006, 12:42 PM
She said she was a desperate housewife because her husband goes to bed at 9:30 every night..............

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/laurabush/a/laurabushcomedy.htm

Thanks, Ralph. So, it was actually a compliment toward her husband and making fun of herself.

ljb
10-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Youtube is displaying Jon Stewarts bit on this scandal. He calls it Repub-pass-the-buck. This video is hilarious and recommended viewing for all. It can be found on Crooks and Liars or at this link.
http://www.firedoglake.com/

highnote
10-05-2006, 03:17 PM

:lol: :lol:

46zilzal
10-05-2006, 03:20 PM
heard a crazed guy come on CNN today and saying that THIS was only a ploy for the elections and it is the democrats fault for EXPOSING it?

These guys (BOTH SIDES) have partisanship above reality. Guy from Florida is a clown who deserves to be removed. It was HIS lifestyle and actions NOT A POLITICAL PARTY, and that is simply IT, nothing more.

highnote
10-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Youtube is displaying Jon Stewarts bit on this scandal. He calls it Repub-pass-the-buck. This video is hilarious and recommended viewing for all. It can be found on Crooks and Liars or at this link.
http://www.firedoglake.com/

OH MY GAWD that was the funniest thing I've seen in a month! HAHAHA

Thanks. :D

You gotta love the spin the repubs have put on this (according to Stewart) -- none of them take the blame. Even Foley blames his priest and alcohol. LOL

The Repub leaders blame their superiors. That can only mean it goes right to the top -- or else someone lower is not taking responsibility.

Then, to top it off, they justify it by saying well Clinton did it with Monica and Stubbs did it back in 1983. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Friggin' hilarious. LOL

I love this country.

PlanB
10-05-2006, 06:42 PM
What a great fun vid. I'm hating this Foley thing 100%. He was a very
dishonest, sneaky guy. Many 16's are see-sawing with experiences, and
taking advantages from power-position is despicable to me. I would respect
Foley so much more if (A) He kept his urges quiet; or (B) He was open about
them. Ah, Honesty is so often the Best Policy or the Best Defense.

PaceAdvantage
10-06-2006, 01:15 AM
I think you're all nuts....

By the way, has the actual truth about this "scandal" come out yet? I've heard so many different nuances to this story.....

highnote
10-06-2006, 01:39 AM
I think you're all nuts....

By the way, has the actual truth about this "scandal" come out yet? I've heard so many different nuances to this story.....

Truth? Who cares about the truth?

You know the old saying... "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story" :D

Secretariat
10-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Someone just emailed me that the Republicans in Florida found a candidate to replace Representative Mark Foley on the November ballot. His name is Ben Dover. Is this true?

highnote
10-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Someone just emailed me that the Republicans in Florida found a candidate to replace Representative Mark Foley on the November ballot. His name is Ben Dover. Is this true?

I thought it was Seymour Butts?

Lefty
10-06-2006, 07:24 PM
I thought it was Seymour Butts?
Someone is replacing him but the scumbag dems in fla trying to keep the public from finding out. What a sick party.

highnote
10-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Someone is replacing him but the scumbag dems in fla trying to keep the public from finding out. What a sick party.

Talk about broad generalizations!

ljb
10-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Wait a minute, faux infotainment listed Foley as a Dem last night. Maybe the florida repubs have enlisted a dem to replace him. :D
ps to sec. I thought they replaced him with that russian fellow, Ivan Yockenoff.

Tom
10-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Starts a new page in his life......

46zilzal
10-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Cafferty at CNN mentioned FOX news today as "That F word network." His stock is going up.

highnote
10-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Starts a new page in his life......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rrpic6
10-06-2006, 10:14 PM

Get used to seeing this name from Florida for a long, long time. Our President in 2012 or 2016. Don't worry about this year, Jeb will count the votes personally, so Repugs will still win that District.

http://www.house.gov/schultz/

Tom
10-06-2006, 11:30 PM
How about this....the new congressman and Foley are on the same page!

highnote
10-07-2006, 12:05 AM
How about this....the new congressman and Foley are on the same page!

:eek:

:lol:

Lefty
10-07-2006, 01:07 AM
Talk about broad generalizations!
I don't understand your post. This is wxactly what's happening in Fla. It's too late to take Foley's name off the printed ballot so the replacement putting up signs to alert the public that voting for Foley is actually a vote for the new replacement and the dems are trying to say it's illegal campaigning. The party of the October Surprise are scumbags and you can call it a generalization if yuh want.,

highnote
10-07-2006, 01:15 AM
I don't understand your post. This is wxactly what's happening in Fla. It's too late to take Foley's name off the printed ballot so the replacement putting up signs to alert the public that voting for Foley is actually a vote for the new replacement and the dems are trying to say it's illegal campaigning. The party of the October Surprise are scumbags and you can call it a generalization if yuh want.,

OK... "generalization" it is.

I'm a Democrat. So I guess you're calling me a scumbag. That's OK. I can take it. I've been called worse.

Coming from you, this might actually be a compliment! :D

Lefty
10-07-2006, 01:31 AM
swety, i'm not calling you a scumbag, i'm calling your party's leaders scumbags. Do you think it's right to try and keep the news that when you vote the Foley name in Fla that you're not voting for Foley but a replacement candidate?

highnote
10-07-2006, 01:58 AM
swety, i'm not calling you a scumbag, i'm calling your party's leaders scumbags. [quote]

Thanks for clearing that up!

[quote]Do you think it's right to try and keep the news that when you vote the Foley name in Fla that you're not voting for Foley but a replacement candidate?

I don't understand your question. What do you mean "try and keep the news"? I don't know the issue in FL.

Lefty
10-07-2006, 02:24 AM
swety, Dems in Fla trying to keep the news that even though Foley is on the ballot if you vote for Foley it's really a vote for his replacement and not Foley. The Dems don't want people to know that. Do you think that's right or fair.?Simple Q.

highnote
10-07-2006, 02:42 AM
swety, Dems in Fla trying to keep the news that even though Foley is on the ballot if you vote for Foley it's really a vote for his replacement and not Foley. The Dems don't want people to know that. Do you think that's right or fair.?Simple Q.

Who is the replacement?

If the Dems think it is in their best interest to keep the news from getting out then it must be in the Repubs best interest to get the news out.

If you and I are discussing this, don't you think the voters will understand this, too?

Besides, what can Dems do to keep this out of the news? It either gets reported or it doesn't. I don't see how you can stop newspapers and other media from reporting.

Plus, how do you know the Dems are trying to keep this from getting into the news?

Lefty
10-07-2006, 02:52 AM
swety, guess you can't honestly answer the question. I don'tb remember the guy's name and it's irrelevent to my point. Foley's name is on the ballot and it's too late to print new ones with the replacements name. The Repubs putting up signs and having commercials that say a vote for the Foley name is not a vote for Foley but his replacement(whatever his name is)Dems say it's unfair advertisement close to the election. Now you tell me, is it fair that they don't wanrt the people to know who they're really voting for?

highnote
10-07-2006, 08:27 AM
swety, guess you can't honestly answer the question.

I can't honestly answer your question when I don't understand the problem. You haven't explained to me clearly what the problem is.

I'll try to understand. Foley's name is on the ballot, even though he isn't running. There is someone who is replacing him, but that replacement's name is not on the ballot. I think that is what you're saying.

Is the replacement a Repub or a Demo? Who is the replacement? Does anybody know?

I can't answer the question until I know the details otherwise I'm just guessing. This is like a judge asking to decide guilty or verdict without knowing the facts of the case. What are the facts?

Maybe the Repubs are legit, maybe not. Maybe the Dems have a legit point, maybe not. I'll answer when I know the facts.

It's not a big deal to me because I have no say over what happens in FL. It will shake out eventually whether I answer your question or not, or whether I understand the issue or not.

Give me some facts and I'll give you an answer.

Tom
10-07-2006, 09:22 AM
30 days left before the election.
I can't believe they are that incompetant that the ballots cannot be changed in that time.
What they are relly saying is, "Moving at out usual public service pace, which if often mistaken for "dead", we could not change the ballots before 2008.
Who is the agency that does this sort of thing......FEMA?:rolleyes:

highnote
10-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Tom Kean, Jr. is even calling for Hastert's resignation. He is right to distance himself from scoundrels who looked the other way when Foley was working on a page in his playbook.

There are few things worse than a high ranking politician using his position to stalk 16 year old boys -- except maybe high ranking politicians knowing about it and not taking action to stop the repulsive behavior.

Not taking action to stop the predator is as repulsive as the behavior.

A vote for any politician who is tainted by this scandel is a vote for approval of this disgusting conduct.

Lefty
10-07-2006, 11:48 AM
swety, I told you the details. Doesn't matter who's running. I gave you ther situation. Dems trying to keep public from knowing that Foley isn't really running though he appears on the ballot. Whether you don't understand or won't doesn't matter, either way i'm tired of trying to make you understand. I think you're just pulling the usual dem crap here cause you don't wanna answer. It's pigsimple!

Lefty
10-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Tom Kean, Jr. is even calling for Hastert's resignation. He is right to distance himself from scoundrels who looked the other way when Foley was working on a page in his playbook.

There are few things worse than a high ranking politician using his position to stalk 16 year old boys -- except maybe high ranking politicians knowing about it and not taking action to stop the repulsive behavior.

Not taking action to stop the predator is as repulsive as the behavior.

A vote for any politician who is tainted by this scandel is a vote for approval of this disgusting conduct.
Kean wrong too. Foley's a pig, but Kean is flat wrong. The dems have made it about Hastert now that Foley redssigned and Kean and others fell into the trap.
Swety, You're a dem and dems have done these things only worse cause they went way past e-mails and into actual sex, yet dems defended them. Repubs ain't defending Foley so dems going after Hastert. You belong to a party of October surprisers. A bparty of selective and feigned outrage. Read the Coulter article, should open your eyes.

46zilzal
10-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Coulter is about as objectve as Herman Goering.

Lefty
10-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Coulter is about as objectve as Herman Goering.
Instead of the insults, tell me point by point where she's wrong. I'm tired of the namecalling, let's engage in ssome good debate. Point by point, 46.

46zilzal
10-07-2006, 12:40 PM
PASS. ALL evidence of ALL your posts have no basis in logic so why would I expect that to suddenly occur?

also http://www.anncoulter.blogspot.com/

ljb
10-07-2006, 02:45 PM
30 days left before the election.
I can't believe they are that incompetant that the ballots cannot be changed in that time.
What they are relly saying is, "Moving at out usual public service pace, which if often mistaken for "dead", we could not change the ballots before 2008.
Who is the agency that does this sort of thing......FEMA?:rolleyes:
Not FEMA Tom,
the Florida government. You know the same gov't that bungled (fixed) the election in 2000. As they say, now you know why they call if Flori duh. :D

Tom
10-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Those emails have been known by Florida newspapers and FBI for months now. Typical liberal BS - use it for political gains instead of reporting it immediately - just let other pages be in jeopardy - the dems are a sickening lot. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Lefty
10-07-2006, 07:26 PM
PASS. ALL evidence of ALL your posts have no basis in logic so why would I expect that to suddenly occur?

also http://www.anncoulter.blogspot.com/
Just as I thght. Just a hater who wants no part of an honest debate. Thanks for proving it once and for all.

highnote
10-08-2006, 01:59 PM
First off, let me congratulate you on effectively taking this thread off topic and diverting attention away from the scumbag teenage boy predator republican congressman Foley.

swety, I told you the details.

Either I'm stupid (quite possible) or you haven't given me enough details to give me a clear picture of the situation.

Doesn't matter who's running.

If a vote for Foley is a vote for his replacement it would matter to me who is running. If I am a repub and the replacement is a repub I like then I would click the Foley box. If I am demo and the replacement is a demo that I like then I click the Foley box. How can the replacement not matter?

Dems trying to keep public from knowing that Foley isn't really running though he appears on the ballot.

I don't know this is true. What proof is there that this is true? I have never seen nor heard any proof of this except from you.

But I would agree that if the Dems or Repubs were trying to withhold or prevent information about the election getting out to the public it would be wrong. But I have no evidence that that is happening.

Whether you don't understand or won't doesn't matter, either way i'm tired of trying to make you understand. I think you're just pulling the usual dem crap here cause you don't wanna answer. It's pigsimple!

I just answered even though it took me awhile to figure out the situation you were describing. I will always answer a question honestly, but first I need facts. Decision making without facts is like betting without a racing program.

46zilzal
10-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Not FEMA Tom,
the Florida government. You know the same gov't that bungled (fixed) the election in 2000. As they say, now you know why they call if Flori duh.
happened in the SAME state almost the SAME way before.
http://www.historyhouse.com/uts/tilden_hayes/

46zilzal
10-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Time cover.

Lefty
10-08-2006, 07:16 PM
swety, you said you don't know that it's true. Well. just say it is true. The dems want people to think a pervert is still running when he's not. Assuming it's true, is it right? Do you agree with the practice? That's the crux of the matter.

Lefty
10-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Not FEMA Tom,
the Florida government. You know the same gov't that bungled (fixed) the election in 2000. As they say, now you know why they call if Flori duh. :D
Fixed the election? The facts say diff, after recount after recount say Bush won. You're another socialist that wouldn't admit a fact(that you didn't like) if it was spread on your cracker. You refuse to actually debate anyone, you just keep posting nonsense. You and Zilly.

Tom
10-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Can't hear, ya ljb - you are on Iggy!

But......I can still SEE you, so.......

highnote
10-10-2006, 01:37 AM
swety, you said you don't know that it's true. Well. just say it is true. The dems want people to think a pervert is still running when he's not. Assuming it's true, is it right? Do you agree with the practice? That's the crux of the matter.

Like I said in my previous reply -- if it is actually happening, of course it is wrong. I am sure there are some democrats who are not above doing dirty tricks. The voters should have all the information available. Nothing should be withheld. I think in a democracy we should be very open in our discussions.

I still have not seen any proof that anyone is withholding information.

Lefty
10-10-2006, 02:01 AM
The guy that's taking Foley's place says it's happening. I don't see any gain for him lying about it. Glad you think it'd wrong.

highnote
10-10-2006, 02:12 AM
The guy that's taking Foley's place says it's happening. I don't see any gain for him lying about it. Glad you think it'd wrong.

Who is taking his place? Is he dem or repub?

I have been following the story because I was visiting my father this weekend.

Lefty
10-10-2006, 02:29 AM
Foley's a repub so naturally a Repub is taking his place to run against a Dem.
But the Dems don't want the news to get out that when a voter votes the Foley name he's not voting for Foley but the replacement. Sleazy.

Lefty
10-10-2006, 02:32 AM
swety, here's a story abouyt the replacement.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061002/pl_nm/foley_replacement_dc_1

ljb
10-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Foley's a repub so naturally a Repub is taking his place to run against a Dem.
But the Dems don't want the news to get out that when a voter votes the Foley name he's not voting for Foley but the replacement. Sleazy.
Lefty,
Where did you get this information, faux infotainment ? Sleaze and politics are brothers, just ask Rove, Libby, Abramoff, Delay, Ney, Cunningham, Hastert, Reynolds, Boehner and others.

ljb
10-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Time cover.
Is that a photo of Rush ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Secretariat
10-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Those emails have been known by Florida newspapers and FBI for months now. Typical liberal BS - use it for political gains instead of reporting it immediately - just let other pages be in jeopardy - the dems are a sickening lot. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Can you provide the names of Dem's and proof that they knew about the Foley scandal, and suppressed the information, or is this just more right wing hysterical hyperbole?

We do know that both Reynolds and Bonior, two staunch conservative GOP representatives, have stated on the record they informed Hastert months and months ago about Foley, and thought he had taken care of it. So who's the liar - Hastert, or both Reynolds and Bonior.

highnote
10-11-2006, 12:50 PM
The moderate repub from Connecticut, Chris Shays, even compared the Foley scandal to Chappaquiddick (spelling?) saying that at least with Foley nobody died.

Oh so, that makes it OK? It's OK to harrass pages as long as you don't kill them?

I have considered voting for Shays in the past. With that stupid remark he is not worthy of my vote.

kenwoodallpromos
10-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Thw word Foley now means- To mark a page to go back to later!LOL!!

Lefty
10-11-2006, 12:54 PM
swety, yeah it's about as stupid as dems saying when Cklinton lied nobody died.
A better analogy: Stubbs had real sex with a 17 yr old page. Never went to jail and got a big chairmanship a few yrs later.
Foley sent E-mails. Hmmm.

highnote
10-11-2006, 01:50 PM
swety, yeah it's about as stupid as dems saying when Cklinton lied nobody died.
A better analogy: Stubbs had real sex with a 17 yr old page. Never went to jail and got a big chairmanship a few yrs later.
Foley sent E-mails. Hmmm.

My point is that it is stupid to make these analogies. It is like saying what Foley did was OK because nobody got killed.

I say, leave the analogies out and just deal with Foley and quit trying to throw up smoke screens and divert attention away from Foley.

This is the issue:

Foley sent lewd emails to pages. Who else knew about it?

Lefty
10-11-2006, 01:59 PM
I disagree. Foley sent e-mails, got cght and resigned. Apparantly no law was broken and he's gone. But Nooo... Dems want to make a big scandal outta this just before the election. So the fix upon Hastert as their new target and a few nutty repubs join them cause they're afraid they might lose their seats. That's what it's all about and it's not gonna work.

highnote
10-11-2006, 03:01 PM
That's what it's all about and it's not gonna work.

This is going to be an interesting election.

Indulto
10-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Thw word Foley now means- To mark a page to go back to later!LOL!!:lol:

"Le Page Au Foley's":D

ljb
10-11-2006, 04:20 PM
I disagree. Foley sent e-mails, got cght and resigned. Apparantly no law was broken and he's gone. But Nooo... Dems want to make a big scandal outta this just before the election. So the fix upon Hastert as their new target and a few nutty repubs join them cause they're afraid they might lose their seats. That's what it's all about and it's not gonna work.
two words lefty,
HYPOCRITES, COVERUP

Tom
10-11-2006, 08:37 PM
This is going to be an interesting election.

And the sad part about it, somebody is going to WIN! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGG!:eek:

Lefty
10-11-2006, 10:40 PM
two words lefty,
HYPOCRITES, COVERUP
But by whom? Dems who have been sitting on the info for over a yr?
Dems trying to invent a coverup cause Foley resigned. Can't have this nice Oct surprise fizzle can we. But fizzle it will.
Where's the proof of the coverup lbj?

highnote
10-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Here's a quote from Florida paper...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-panderson13oct13,0,4587846.story?coll=sfla-news-palm

Anderson, a Democrat, said he wanted to avoid notices that are "partisan in nature" and would benefit Negron. He said Democratic leaders have "not really tried to muscle" him on the issue, but "certainly some concerns were expressed."

kenwoodallpromos
10-13-2006, 04:44 PM
FYI- This post makes #164 on a thread entitled "SOME" Repub Cngressman!LOL!!
Repubs got morals problems and Reid has corrupt business practice problems! Tough nowadays to tell who's what party!LOL!!

ljb
10-13-2006, 04:48 PM
But by whom? Dems who have been sitting on the info for over a yr?
Dems trying to invent a coverup cause Foley resigned. Can't have this nice Oct surprise fizzle can we. But fizzle it will.
Where's the proof of the coverup lbj?
Lefty,
The proof is coming as we speak. Congressional hearings going on now. Repugs have been sitting on this for 6 years? Have you sent your care package to Ney yet ? And another one bites the dust. :lol:

Lefty
10-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Here's a quote from Florida paper...
The quote is laughable. It favors the Repub by just letting folks know he's on the ticket and not Foley? What bums these dems are. They certainly don't subscribe to fairness do they?

highnote
10-14-2006, 01:15 AM
You know what they say, "all politics are local."

It's the same story, different players.

I think it's like the racing market. There are a lot of informed bettors and some uninformed. In the end, the market is correct.

Same with voting. In the end, the voters usually get it right. Sometimes there are mistakes, but overall it usually works out.

46zilzal
10-14-2006, 04:37 PM
with all the talk about gays in the congress.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/14/obit.studds.ap/index.html