PDA

View Full Version : This guy was almost our President

schweitz
09-29-2006, 12:04 PM
www.drudgereport.com/flash6.htm

"cigarette smoking is a significant contributor to global warming"

headhawg
09-29-2006, 12:07 PM
You don't really want replies quoting all of the stupid things that Dubya and the Dubyettes have said, do you?

schweitz
09-29-2006, 12:31 PM
You don't really want replies quoting all of the stupid things that Dubya and the Dubyettes have said, do you?

No, but I expect it. So you are on board with cigarette smoking being a significant contributor to global warming?

xtb
09-29-2006, 05:53 PM
I think this tops the cow farting theory.

Secretariat
09-29-2006, 05:56 PM
What else did he say Schweitz..or is that all you paid attention to. Sounds like typical Rush Limbaugh crap.

schweitz
09-29-2006, 07:22 PM
What else did he say Schweitz..or is that all you paid attention to. Sounds like typical Rush Limbaugh crap.

I think he was selling a book---so are you on board too with the global warming by cigarette smoking theory? :lol:

Tom
09-29-2006, 07:32 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fzHN73nQAzk&mode=related&search=gore%20and%20penguin

PlanB
09-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Almost wants to make me light up, and i've never smoked.

Tom
09-29-2006, 08:02 PM
This disgrace was also almost our president: :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dFFk9qy_SBw&mode=related&search=

Listen carefully - this guy is a real brainiac!

sq764
09-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Almost wants to make me light up, and i've never smoked.
Everytime I hear this idiot speak, it makes me cross off Vanderbilt as a college choice for my son

Secretariat
09-29-2006, 08:51 PM
I think he was selling a book---so are you on board too with the global warming by cigarette smoking theory? :lol:

So in reply to my question, you didn't know what else he said, and are most likely simply parrotting something you heard on Limbaugh or Drudge. Am I correct?

schweitz
09-29-2006, 09:14 PM
So in reply to my question, you didn't know what else he said, and are most likely simply parrotting something you heard on Limbaugh or Drudge. Am I correct?

I provided a link in my original post. You still haven't answered my question.

Dan Montilion
09-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Almost President... 2000 election results was like watching a photo after 6 furlongs in 19 and 4.

Secretariat
09-29-2006, 10:41 PM
I provided a link in my original post. You still haven't answered my question.

Nor have you answered mine.

twindouble
09-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Never in my life time has there never been a politician that turns my stomach as much as Kerry does. Not that there isn't many that make me nauseous.

schweitz
09-30-2006, 12:04 AM
Nor have you answered mine.

I am very familiar with Gore's views on "man-made" global warming. But, I have to admit, the cigarette thing is pretty far out even for Gore---don't you think?
Or do you?

Tote Master
09-30-2006, 03:09 AM
Also please don't forget that this man actually claimed to have single handedly invented the Internet! So all of you people with basic common sense (on one side of the aisle or the other), PLEASE keep help to keep these idiots out of public office.

Those of you who continue to support these self-proclaimed geniuses should be ashamed of yourselves. It certainly doesn’t take a Rush L. to expose these egotistical maniacs.

Suff
09-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Also please don't forget that this man actually claimed to have single handedly invented the Internet! So all of you people with basic common sense (on one side of the aisle or the other),
Those of you who continue to support these self-proclaimed geniuses should be ashamed of yourselves. It certainly doesn’t take a Rush L. to expose these egotistical maniacs.

No he did not. Your ill informed.

Please help keep idiots informed is my slogan.

http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue5_10/wiggins/

lsbets
09-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Your ill informed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is hysterical on several levels.

46zilzal
09-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Also please don't forget that this man actually claimed to have single handedly invented the Internet.
this fellow said a lot of inane things but this one was wildly out of proportion to what was said.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Tote Master
09-30-2006, 07:26 PM
46zilzal
this fellow said a lot of inane things but this one was wildly out of proportion to what was said. Suff
No he did not. Your ill informed.

Please help keep idiots informed is my slogan.
Oh really!?

Well perhaps before you start calling people idiots you ought to take the cotton out of your ears or least learn how to read!

The only person ill informed is guess who? Sorry if this somehow humiliates your idol.

Quoted form the following link (there many others):
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/g/goreinternet.htm
Al Gore Claimed That He Was Responsible for The Creation of the Internet-Truth!

Summary of eRumor:
Al Gore has made statements that he is the creator of the Internet.

The Truth:
This comes from a television interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer that was aired on March 9,1999. TruthOrFiction.com has a transcript of the entire broadcast. Vice President Gore was not yet a formal candidate for the presidency, but was clearly setting the stage for it, and Blitzer's questions focused on his potential campaign. At one point, Blitzer asked Gore why the Democrats should support him over rival Bill Bradley. Gore answered, "Well, I will -- I'll be offering my vision when my campaign begins, and it'll be comprehensive and sweeping, and I hope that it'll be compelling enough to draw people toward it. I feel that it will be. But it will emerge from my dialogue with the American people. I've traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

Some of the emails criticizing Gore for this statement point out that Gore has often shown ignorance about computers, so how could he have created the Internet? He did not claim, however, to be a computer geek who toiled in his basement and came up with the idea. He did claim that somehow as a member of congress he not only played in role in creating the Internet, but "took the initiative" to do it.

ljb
09-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Why are you guys arguing about what Gore said ?
We have a buffoon in the administration that thinks Saddam had wmds when we invaded them. :lol:
Argue about something topical and more relevant.

schweitz
09-30-2006, 08:18 PM
We have a buffoon in the administration that thinks Saddam had wmds when we invaded them. :lol:

Why don't you stick to the thread topic? How about you, do you think Gore is correct about cigarette smoke being a significant contributor to global warming?

I noticed your bud sec has refused to answer the question.

Tom
09-30-2006, 08:57 PM
I think it would be fun to ask ljb to list 3 people who DIDN'T thin Saddam had WMD. And I remind you, not finding them is not the same thing as not having them. WE already know France and Russia had secret deals that supported Sadamm, and the UN too was involved in supproting him for profit. We know russian agent wer ein IRaq in the imediate time fram of the invasin, and it is likey the WMD are either in Syria or Russia.

But ljb, care to name anyone reputable in power that said there were noe before we went in? Oh, that's right, you never anser questins, just spin and change topics. Silly me.

Tote Master
10-01-2006, 03:41 AM
ljb
Why are you guys arguing about what Gore said ?Or is that LBJ?
Maybe its because that’s what this thread is ALL about!
ljb
We have a buffoon in the administration that thinks Saddam had wmds when we invaded them. Apparently you like many others can’t distinguish one type of WMDS from another. When you kill thousands upon thousands of YOUR OWN people with a biological weapon, its certainly not using a bullet or even many bullets. Do you think for a moment that Saddam would have had second thoughts about using these same weapons against those outside of his (former) country? Ask the Iranians!

This so-called "buffoon" fortunately takes his responsibilities seriously. True leaders don't sit back and wait for things to happen. They make things happen in the best interests of their constituents: That being the protection of the American people. Fortunately they don’t just talk about it, like we do on these forums.

I certainly don’t agree with every policy of the current administration, but I know for a fact where we as Americans would be had Gore and his group been elected. (Probably paying for e-mail for starters!)
ljb
Argue about something topical and more relevant And speaking about things being TRULY relevant, you might want to take at look at the recent press conference given by the President of Iraq, Jalal Talabani in Washington.
http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/2005-09/2005-09-07-talabani.cfm?renderforprint=1&textonly=1&&TEXTMODE=1&CFID=1612798&CFTOKEN=51854570

Not that this will in any way change your shortsightedness, but someday this buffoon (I believe) will be held in much higher regard, then a former Vice President who as a politician and author no less proclaims himself to be a self-appointed scientist, computer technologist and who knows what else! This man has about as much creditbility as his former boss who publicly pointed to all those Americans who watched as he proclaimed "I had no sex with that woman".
Yes folks a leader for the ages! Someone we can all look up to.

As far as I'm concerned the only real buffoon is someone who actually looks up to and defends these type of people.

sq764
10-01-2006, 11:23 AM
I believe it's relevant that the Democrats you put up against the Republicans are bigger idiots than the ones you refer to in the whitehouse. Don't whine and bitch until you can put someone in an election that is not a complete embarrassment to the Democratic Party.

Tom
10-01-2006, 11:39 AM
The dems need to put out a new kind candidate - not the wimps they have the last two times. They need someone tough, someone who can get down with real men, somone with high testosterone, someone so rough, he needs to shave twice a day. Someone with ice water in thier veins, not afraid to duke it out with anyone. Someone who will terrorize foreign leader by thier very presence in a room. A man's man.

They need........

Hillary!

Suff
10-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Oh really!?

Well perhaps before you start calling people idiots you ought to take the cotton out of your ears or least learn how to read!

The only person ill informed is guess who? Sorry if this somehow humiliates your idol.

Quoted form the following link (there many others):
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/g/goreinternet.htm

Knucklehead... Knucklehead is my original material.

You called him idiot. So I threw the word back at you.

And nothing in the thread you posted states gore "single handedly" invented the Internet. As you suggest he said.

Gore's intention, and words, were meant to highlight his contributions in bringing a defunct DOD project to commercial viability. So while I may agree that Gore ( like all politicians) overemphasized his contribution...he did not even come close to implying "I SINGLE HANDIDLY INVENTED the Internet.

I don't care for Gore...didnt much when he was VP, and less when he got beat by Bush. I have no dog in the fight except I was bored.