PDA

View Full Version : screenshot

andicap
09-23-2002, 10:04 PM
Not sure this will work, but here's an attachment of the screenshot with that energy figure I was discussing.

andicap
09-23-2002, 10:05 PM
If PA can't post my attachment by tomorrow, or if it doesn't work, I'll send it along to people individually via email.

PaceAdvantage
09-23-2002, 11:10 PM
Andy, the attachment was an RTF file that tries to access an image?? In any event, it didn't work on my end when I tried to open it up, so I didn't put it online......

==PA

andicap
09-24-2002, 11:46 AM
OK, I obviously don't know what I'm doing. I did not know how to save it as a bitmap or jpeg.-- if anyone can school me on this, thanks! I was able to copy and paste it using print screen into a Word file where there were no options for a bmp or jpeg.

:confused:

Lefty
09-24-2002, 12:08 PM
andicap, Use your computer's paint prg it will make it into a bmp file. Or use snagit a free eval. from www.techsmith.com
Hope this will help

MarylandPaul@HSH
09-24-2002, 01:35 PM
After you've captured the window, open up the "Paint" application (Start > Programs > Accessories), and paste it there. Then click File > Save As, and select JPG from the "Save as Type" box.

That's assuming you're running Win2000 or Win XP. I don't think earlier versions of Paint let you save as anything but BMP.

Paul

Tom
09-24-2002, 08:49 PM
You can save as jpeg in Win98.

andicap
09-24-2002, 10:17 PM
OK, here goes the .bmp file. Wish me luck!

andicap
09-24-2002, 10:24 PM
IF it posted, that was a screenshot of Thorovision's energy screen. If it didn't post, I'll try again.

The D.A. figure is the one I was referring to, an energy figure that is relative to the rest of the field. The lower the earlier the energy.

Once again, I found it most effective when I used only the good races that were representative. That is, I would not use races where the pace was too slow or too fast because they tend to distort the energy of that race. For example a horse that usually shows 53.0% early E (a pretty high figure) gets a slow pace today which enables him to run a fast late fraction. That's unusual, yet the horse might end up with a 51.0% energy figure for that race because of the slow fractions. So ideally you want to use at least 3 races with a decent pace where the horse did OK.

Again, I don't model the results (i.e. the winning horse's energy figure in that race) in the way Brohamer did. I model what the horse' D.A. figure was going into the race. It's amazing what tight models you would get at some tracks. Aqueduct inner track was especially good in this area. Sometimes the model was in-between. That is, you didn't want a horse with too much early energy or with not enough so the winning D.A.'s would be from horses at 2.5-5.0 or so.

the HP is the Herd profile, not energy, but running style, where the horse was in the race. Nothing relative about it.

andicap
09-25-2002, 12:01 PM
OK, did I forget to attach the file or did it NOT work?

PA???

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2002, 06:47 PM
This is my first time on the board today....will post ASAP

OK, I posted it....looks like nothing but a blank picture. Is that what everyone else gets???

Andi, you may have to try yet again.....

==PA

keilan
09-25-2002, 07:00 PM
PA & Andy -- keep trying I would be very interested in this discussion.

GameTheory
09-25-2002, 09:46 PM
Blank picture, huh? Hmmm...

Maybe someone doesn't want you to reveal this mysterious energy figure -- watch your back.

andicap
09-26-2002, 11:34 AM
OK, it just told me the file was too big at 646 kb....
I'll email it to people who ask....

keilan
09-26-2002, 11:41 AM
Hi Andy -- Can you send to me also.

Thanks
keilan@telusplanet.net

MarylandPaul@HSH
09-26-2002, 11:43 AM
If you save it as a JPG, it'll be about 1/5 of that. So much for technology saving you time, eh?? :D

MP

hurrikane
09-26-2002, 12:24 PM
Hey Andi,
me too..
hurrikane55@hotmail.com

Thanks

andicap
09-26-2002, 01:54 PM
I tried to email it out to a bunch of you who had asked for the original formula. If you didn't get it, post here and I'll try again.
Tonight I will also try and post/email another screen that will be helpful in this regard. The PP lines that the energy figs are based on...although I don't have marked off the exact lines they used since I dont know what definition of "Good" they used for a good race. My guess is that any reasonable definition would do and it wouldn't matter that much as long as it was consistent. You might get different "DA" energy figures and "HP" herd profile figures, but the differences would be similar.

Larry Hamilton
09-26-2002, 03:19 PM
send it to me, Ill put it on my site and give it an address you can share with whomever you wish...

Rpd
09-26-2002, 06:36 PM
Andicap,

I received both your email and attachment. At first glance it looks like it has some good possibilities like you mentioned.

Thank you very much

Zaf
09-26-2002, 09:38 PM
Thanks Andicap, received e-mail and .bmp attachment.

ZAFONIC

andicap
09-26-2002, 10:35 PM
OK, trying to post screenshot of the actual PP it is based on. The lines with a little square next to it on the far left mean it is "blocked."
TV can automatically block lines at a different surface and distance structure, but I manually blocked a line because the raw energy figure (MPPR) in the middle of the page seemed aberrant with the rest of the figures. Generally I would block a high and low figure depending on how many there were. This process would take me about 10 minutes a card and I'd be left with a much more reliable DA figure.

andicap
09-26-2002, 10:36 PM
lets try it again WITH the screenshot as a jpeg (thanks, MP):o