PDA

View Full Version : Lost in the Fog tribute

chickenhead
09-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Golden Gate is giving away these DVD's with admission Saturday -- all of LITF's races start to finish. They've got a copy posted here:

http://www.lonestarparkmedia.com/LIFVideo/lif_player.html

If anyone is particularly interested in having the DVD, send me a pm.

chickenhead
09-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Having just watched it, I see that it is only his victories. It does not include the BC or his two losses this year. That's too bad, there was nothing to be ashamed about his BC race..and it would be nice to have it on DVD.

lsbets
09-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the link, it was great to watch.

keilan
09-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Thanx Chic – I loved the way that horse ran.

46zilzal
09-27-2006, 01:08 AM
Don't often see so much consistency in a sprinter unless one harkens back to a Ta Wee or Ack Ack.

DrugSalvastore
09-27-2006, 05:18 AM
I really don't think you have to go back that far.

Xtra Heat, who raced exclusively during this decade, finished her career with 25 stake wins.

Her lifetime record in sprint races was 33-26-5-1 and she made over $2 million.

Her only off the board finish in a sprint came in the 2002 Breeders Cup Sprint where she finished 6th after pressing the pace.

She was 2nd in the Breeders Cup Sprint the prior year.

cj
09-27-2006, 05:30 AM
Safely Kept was very similar to Xtra Heat as well. She won 24 of 30 sprints, and her two off the board finishes were a pair of 4ths against stakes males. She also had a win and a second in the BC Sprint.

toetoe
09-28-2006, 06:03 PM
I guess I'll get one of those, as I'm going this Saturday. I'm happy to give the DVD to any interested boardmate.

Dan Montilion
09-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Any over/under number posted on how many of the LITF DVD's will show up on e-bay?

chickenhead
09-29-2006, 12:06 AM
I notice the bobbleheads have been going steadily for around $50. I'm sure the DVD's will sell well.

classhandicapper
09-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Safely Kept was very similar to Xtra Heat as well. She won 24 of 30 sprints, and her two off the board finishes were a pair of 4ths against stakes males. She also had a win and a second in the BC Sprint.

I loved Safey Kept! One of my all time favorites. My girlfriend hit her in the Breeder's Cup when Dayjur jumped a shadow.

IMO, Lost in the Fog is always going to be a bit of an enigma. He's probably overrated by some people because of his outstanding record and probably underrated by some because of the caliber of competition he beat at 3.

I still think his BC race was no disgrace. He raced wide into a fast pace on a day when speed was not all that good. His second race back this year was very good. Obviously his last race is a toss. I doubt he was 100% given that he had a huge tumor and other hoof issues. Big loss for racing.