PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 4

Valuist
09-26-2006, 04:52 PM
After passing on the first 3 weeks, its time to go to the windows:

Sea/Chicago OVER 34--no Alexander means 4 WR sets for Seattle. This year's Bears team will not hesistate to pass, unlike the 2005 team.

San Fran +7-- they're not good but they are getting better. And Herm Edwards seems to have sucked the life out of the Chief offense. I think Frank Gore could have a big day.

Carolina -8--Don't get fooled by Monday night's game. The Saints were pointing toward that game for a very, very long time. After a sluggish start, the Panthers have Steve Smith back. Reality kicks in as the Panthers pound the emotionally drained Saints.

New England +6--Cincy is solid, no question but they still have question marks defensively. They're great at preying on mistake prone QBs but that won't happen this week. Pats still very solid defensively and just need some of the young receivers to step up.

bigmack
09-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Hey Valu - Do you know of good site that does a side-by-side stat analysis?

Valuist
09-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Here's two good sites for sports info:

http://www.covers.com

http://www.nss.net

BetHorses!
09-27-2006, 10:09 AM
After passing on the first 3 weeks, its time to go to the windows:

Sea/Chicago OVER 34--no Alexander means 4 WR sets for Seattle. This year's Bears team will not hesistate to pass, unlike the 2005 team.

San Fran +7-- they're not good but they are getting better. And Herm Edwards seems to have sucked the life out of the Chief offense. I think Frank Gore could have a big day.

Carolina -8--Don't get fooled by Monday night's game. The Saints were pointing toward that game for a very, very long time. After a sluggish start, the Panthers have Steve Smith back. Reality kicks in as the Panthers pound the emotionally drained Saints.

New England +6--Cincy is solid, no question but they still have question marks defensively. They're great at preying on mistake prone QBs but that won't happen this week. Pats still very solid defensively and just need some of the young receivers to step up.

I like them all except for NE. Its not that I dislike that side, but as you said they look like a go against team until proven otherwise and I would rather just pass on that game. New England dropped several notches in my top 10. Down to 9th ranked. You sold me on that total though, thanks

Good Luck

BetHorses!
09-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Miami Florida -16 over Houston. I think this number will go up soon ;)

I will shoot for a middle later.

Valuist
09-27-2006, 10:29 AM
I like them all except for NE. Its not that I dislike that side, but as you said they look like a go against team until proven otherwise and I would rather just pass on that game. New England dropped several notches in my top 10. Down to 9th ranked. You sold me on that total though, thanks

Good Luck

I would generally agree they probably are a bit overrated, at least by the general public. But Cincy is coming off a huge win; watched the replay of that game on NFL network and they could've lost very easily. They picked off Rothelesberger twice in the end zone. I still am not sold on the Bengals defense.

ghostyapper
09-28-2006, 01:20 PM
I don't like the carolina spread. They never play their best football untill the 2nd half the the year. Saints beat em last year early in carolina and this saints team is much better.

Valuist
09-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Adding NE/Cincinnati UNDER 46 1/2. New England doesn't really have the weapons to stretch the field but their D is still solid. Bengals put up 28 points last week but didn't even get 250 yards of offense. It was turnovers that set up the points. Brady may not have the receivers to go deep downfield but I think he'll keep the mistakes to a minimum. I think the bookmakers are slow to react in dropping NE's totals.

SAL
10-01-2006, 11:02 AM
New England +6 vs Cincinnati-This line is inflated, probably due to the way the Patriots looked on Sunday night vs. Denver. But the Bengals were lucky to escape Pittsburg with a win, because they were being outplayed. They got 2 quick scores due to fortunate circumstances. Pittsburgh managed to put up 170 yards rushing against the Bengals. The Bengals have key injuries on defense (2 starting linebackers lost for the season) and sucked against the run last year too. And the Patriots can run. Denver pretty muched stuffed them last week, but the Broncos have probably one of the top 4 defenses in the NFL. Add to the fact that New England hasn't lost back to back games in 52 contests. I will probably money line this game.

Under 34 Oakland-Cleveland-The Raiders have yet to score a TD this season, and will start Walter for this game. Cleveland has not been an offensive powerhouse either, averging 15 points a game in their 3 contests. I see another low scoring affair here, as I don't think the Raiders have solved their offensive problems yet. Their defense played very well against Baltimore though, so under is the way to go here.

Over 41 New Orleans-Carolina-This game looks to be a high scoring affair, as the Saints offense is starting to look better with Drew Brees growing more confident every week. Carolina has Steve Smith back and should be able to score against the Saints also.

Atlanta -7.5 vs Arizona-Looking for the Falcons to bust out in a major way here vs. a mistake prone Cardinal team. They're already calling for Leinart in Arizona as Kurt Warner continues to bumble his way to losses. Either way, the Atlanta defense is still playing well, and the offense should be able to pick up where it left off before the forgetful trip to Louisiana.

Last week and season to date: 2-1-1