PDA

View Full Version : A.L. post season

rgustafson
09-26-2006, 12:40 PM
OTM Al, better hope the boys in pinstripes don't let up the rest of the way. If the Twins somehow get home field advantage, they could be dangerous. Some strange things have happened with October baseball in the Metrodome.

OTM Al
09-26-2006, 01:32 PM
I think they are in good shape, or will be once the Angels finally get themselves eliminated. That's the one team the Yanks just haven't been able to beat. Not saying they will win because there is some real talent on Minnesota esp., but the Yanks have done pretty well against these 3 teams in the past couple years. I honestly expect Detroit to die a pretty quick death. The rookie pitchers have been struggling a bit and going to the playoffs takes it to a whole other level. As for Rodgers.....well, his playoff performances have been pretty poor. If I had to rank the 4 I would say

1. Yanks
2. Twins
3. As
4. Detroit

I expect whoever comes out of this to take the WS.

The NL should be interesting as well. The Mets have had it in the bag for so long that one would hope they haven't lost their edge. They've also shown themselves very suseptible to left handed pitching of late. The Cards have been a bit of a surprise for me, and not in a good way. Expected a whole lot more out of them. This whole thing might come down to just who's hottest next week.

On a side note I managed to get selected in the ticket lottery for the Mets, but just at the end after the initial selecties already had their chance, so all I could get were outfield nosebleeds for game 5. The GF wanted to see a Mets playoff game pretty bad this year so I told her I got the tix but she must face the conumndrum of either wanting the Mets to be playing great, in which case we wouldn't get to see the game, or getting to see the game but facing a potentially disasterous outcome. Should be interesting.....Mets were a fun team to watch this year to be sure and actually saw 3 or 4 games at Shea and only 1 at the Stadium this year. Of course it doesn't hurt when our campus box office gets 2 for $5 specials on Mets tickets. Hell, I'd go to KC games for that price!

Valuist
09-26-2006, 04:38 PM
The Twins have been on a tremendous run. 68-30 since June 8. Wonder how much longer they can keep it up.