PDA

View Full Version : Fpx 8th, use this horse, shoot a buck

freeneasy
09-22-2002, 02:24 PM
if your playing fairplex theres a horse in the 8th race that really has my attention today and at a big fat juicy price. there are 9 runners, two are throwouts and the other 7 are in good current form so she has no real advantage there. She doesnt have a current class advantage but she does have a past class advantage breaking her maiden in her 4th try while winning the Barretts Deb. here at Fpx. last year, with a $95k purse attached to it. She ran 5 times in that cycle, was laid off, brought back after 7 months, ran twice, wasnt ready, got trounced, laid off 2 1/2 months, came back Aug 12 in a 6 1/2f race for nw1 st. brd; was 1 lenght off the lead up to the half, 3 back at the str. and finished getting beat by 9 lengths in a preformance that gave her a good breath.
7 days later, Aug. 19, she was right back on the work tab with a half mile work in 47.1, 3rd best workout of 53 for the day indicating there was nothing wrong with that race cept'n she just needed one.
Shes had 6 works since that comeback race all on a 6 day work tab, the last two works being done at Fpx. with the last work at 3f in a very nice 34.2 best of 13. She stays off the pace a length or two and this is just fine as there are 2or 3 confirmed front runners going to be ding-donging it out for the lead.
Today I think shes right for the price, 30-1 ML. Tell you the truth, I see no reason why she cant win, but on the safer side this fillie will hit the board and make for some nice exactas, tri's, and espeacially if your playing a super here, do not leave this horse out.
Personally I cant resist, and I am playing the pk4 and 3 just because of her price as well as the ex. and tri.
oh yes, the name of this fillie is Danceoftheflags. Shes the number 3 horse

freeneasy
09-22-2002, 09:32 PM
I didnt see the race, but did anyone watch it? if so was there any reasonable excuse, bad break, blew the turn ect. what? I mean to me this horse was not a "cant lose" horse, but she definently was a "can win"horse. Had a lot of positives going for her, experienced bullring trainer, 25% wins, big joick switch, 23% wins, up against a good but rather ordinary field. She didnt have everything going for herself but who knows, if she didnt have any trouble then she just didnt get as good as I thought she did.

rrbauer
09-22-2002, 11:32 PM
The #1, Slew City Lily, got an easy lead. 'Flags was running in the first pack behind the leader up the backside but backed out into the turn. The #9, Like Magic, did a loop on the turn to get the win; and, the #8, Storm Kisu, cut the corner and closed inside for 2nd. 'Lily faded to 4th.

freeneasy
09-23-2002, 01:37 AM
did just about the same thing she did last time, thx rr