PDA

View Full Version : Stalking Light shining on 46

TurfRuler
09-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Posted by king: Okay, so this actually started out as a thread about TravisVox's excellent call on the Super Derby. Unfortunately, it has degenerated into, surprise, surprise, something much different.

Travis, great call! And for those who don't know, Travis IS the racecaller at Louisiana Downs. This was covered here at PA. Also, for anybody who doesn't know, jballscalls is the racecaller at River Downs. We are very fortunate to have not one, but two racecallers on the "payroll" here at PA!

:lol:

Can you share these 5 factors?

You would have to be using Sartin software to understand them.

I use Sartin as one of my own software outputs,so I am familiar with his work.

which one? KGEN ENGEN, validator, synthesis, Speculator, etc. etc. Energy, Thoromation, Quad-rator, etc. etc.

Home grown based on his book.

well unless you use compounded ratings of the advanced programs you wouldn't understand a number like the early/late balance, E/EPR. or L/EPR, or MuV

O.K. I'll leave it at that. How does "Blink" combine with your software output to help you pick winners?

the MAJOR premise of his book was that IMPLICIT understanding of a situation is often made unclear by informational overload. OFTEN, more often than one thinks, it is a basic few factors and not the "noise" of informational overload, at the heart of good decisions.

In capping, once you understand what is implicit for a turf race, a maiden race, etc. you limit your choices to the factors for them and NOTHING MORE.

His chapter on the Cook County Hospital cardiac care unit is a classic.

:lol:

QOUTE: Light: Although I havent read the book,I can relate. My best day came one day after I meditated. When I looked at the form,it was like I never saw one before. Everything was lucid. There was no internal quarel about well he could do this if he does that. It was simple ,the noise was still and it was allmost scary how I was picking double digit horses as singles. I have never been able to repeat that magic,but when I meditate,I feel closer to it.

:lol: :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
09-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Did you say DEGENERATED? Ironic! :jump:
And just as ironic, taken over by a member who did not even know Travis was the annoucer!LOL!! :eek: :bang:

bigmack
09-24-2006, 06:49 PM
I have no idea what TurfR and kenwood are talking about.

IMO, 46Z is hell of a guy and you might not agree with Light politically but from what I gather he's OK in my book. Their banter about meditation and the like taking the thread in another direction just ain't a big deal.

Get over it

JustRalph
09-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Their banter about meditation and the like taking the thread in another direction just ain't a big deal.
Get over it

Bullshit, when you read a thread title you expect to participate in a discussion about or around a subject that interests you. I don't open every thread on the board and I am sure many others don't. It is based on the title of the thread.

I opened a thread to congratulate Travis on what I thought was maybe a watershed moment in his career. It opens up the specific event for comment by others. The fact that Light jumps onboard in an attempt to berate me, calls me pathetic, and then runs off on a metaphysical rant with his soul mate was a wholesale hijacking of the thread. Both of them could give a damn about the thread and they went through their turtle dove imitation because it was a thread by "justralph" and that is their real motive. That is plain as day. Anybody who opened the thread had to weed through all that crap just to discuss the Super Derby. Sometimes we all jump a little out of the topic, but the extent these guys went to was rude.

An example, for instance is a thread that contains a poll. Many times these threads run off because whenever someone votes in the poll it appears as a new message. So you end up looking at the poll over and over.......I don't think it is a big deal if a thread of that nature meanders a bit, due to the nature of the animal. But this was a wholesale hijacking just to piss me off, if you don't participate in off-topic you probably wouldn't be aware of the great affection I share for these two guys.........and them for me. I still participate in horse racing threads and have a lot of fun doing it. I also enjoy the off-topic side. But this was a horse racing thread and they brought their off-topic disdain for me to the thread and interferred with what should have been a nice thread to congratulate one of our members on a fine job in a career that is probably the most visible aspect of the sport we all profess to care about. It was in bad taste and speaks to their character.

bigmack
09-24-2006, 09:00 PM
because it was a thread by "justralph" and that is their real motive. That is plain as day. Anybody who opened the thread had to weed through all that crap just to discuss the Super Derby. Sometimes we all jump a little out of the topic, but the extent these guys went to was rude.
Yeah, I hadn't read the thread JR, but valid point. It was indulgent on their part.

Would like to see em back though for what it's worth. Counterpoint for the off-top threads if nothing else.

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2006, 10:20 PM
I liken what they did to that thread to giving someone the finger. They gave us the internet version of the finger and continued on their merry way.

My goal is to keep threads on topic. Obviously, threads are going to go off topic, some a little, some a lot. This was too much.

And bigmack, they aren't gone....they just can't post on the horseracing threads for now....off-topic only.....

kingfin66
09-25-2006, 12:42 AM
And bigmack, they aren't gone....they just can't post on the horseracing threads for now....off-topic only.....

Sometimes being a parent requires invoking some tough love :D