PDA

View Full Version : HOLD VET'S ACCOUNTABLE

karlskorner
09-24-2006, 10:13 AM
It's about time

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=35444

Tom
09-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Good idea. Who better to be accountable?

The vets need to have a direct responsibility to the racing officals/public, that is, just because some rich dude is paying the vet bill, the disclosure of certain ailment smust be made public.

The industry rally needs to start acting professional in the medical areas. So far, they are clsoer to the mafia than a billion dollar industry.

ELA
09-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Yes, accountability is very much needed on many levels. Checks and balances, integrity in the process, etc. However, while this is very much needed, this aspect will be very hard to enforce and the potential benefit will be hard to recognize. Regardless, any step forward is a very good one. I hope this is a first of many steps.

Eric

kitts
09-24-2006, 02:01 PM
Jerry Bailey on his DVD advocates Vet stats. Good idea!!

kenwoodallpromos
09-24-2006, 04:15 PM
And I'm glad he is taking on the responsibility of looking at the whole picture.
Hopefully this includes reasonable passing of the horse's medical history to the new trainer.

NY BRED
09-24-2006, 06:09 PM
probably a good idea to check md stats on jocks

(ie P Val etc...):bang:

ELA
09-24-2006, 06:32 PM
probably a good idea to check md stats on jocks

(ie P Val etc...):bang:

Good idea, but that won't happen either. We'll just have to reoly on the trade journals to give us the latest news.

Eric

CryingForTheHorses
09-25-2006, 04:16 PM
In all reality what can they do the vets..IF a trainer seeks a certain drug and a certain vet wont give it, That trainer Im sure will go to another vet who is iching to have the business..Giving the drugs in the prescribed time by the vet will exonerate him from the horse getting a positive.Its the trainers responibility to make sure the horse is off the drugs in the prescribed time.The vet is the guy who has the records of the horse.Lots of trainers including me use different vets for different things.One vet can give your horse a shot and another does legwork etc.

kenwoodallpromos
09-25-2006, 05:54 PM
In all reality what can they do the vets..IF a trainer seeks a certain drug and a certain vet wont give it, That trainer Im sure will go to another vet who is iching to have the business..Giving the drugs in the prescribed time by the vet will exonerate him from the horse getting a positive.Its the trainers responibility to make sure the horse is off the drugs in the prescribed time.The vet is the guy who has the records of the horse.Lots of trainers including me use different vets for different things.One vet can give your horse a shot and another does legwork etc.

BIG49010
09-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Yeah they should have medical records on file before you claim a horse, I love it ! Get your head out of the sand !

Whitehos
09-25-2006, 08:08 PM
How would you rank these professionals in order of corruptness?
Trainers
Jocks
Vets

Whitehos