PDA

View Full Version : Pace Member services: Nightly Right Wing Television Round Up

JPinMaryland
09-23-2006, 05:21 PM
THe following are tonights highlights:

Andy Griffith Marathon. TVLAND. Highlites: Opie gets engaged; Aunt Bea insists on competing in a beauty pageant. Important social and family issues are highlighted. Recommended.

Cast a Giant Shadow 1966. TCM. Col. Marcus goes to late-1940s Israel to reorganize its army. Kind of like Green Berets visit the Mideast. Important for mid-east strategy and geo political concerns. Must see.

Millionaire Motor Homes. TRAV. Luxury coaches of writer John Saul and NASCAR star Jeff Gordon. Describes the connection of Christian faith and prosperity. Recommended.

Glen Beck. CNNH. The importance of clean underwear and why there is nothing we can do about Global warning. Useful for dialoguing and information dissemination to the masses. View if Able.

Law and Order: SVU. USA. Police suspect a corporate lawyer (Andrew McCarthy) is connected to a murder and to a Romanian nanny thought to be sexually abused. Understanding the role of lawyers in society. Recommended.

Bala
09-23-2006, 06:54 PM
JP - you really need a hobby. Far to much idle time on your hands. May I be
so bold to suggest some handicapping? Tomorrows entries:
http://drf.com/entries/eindex.html

JPinMaryland
09-23-2006, 11:25 PM
If you hurry you can catch aunt Bea in the swim suit competition. :eek:

kenwoodallpromos
09-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Today on my TV- SF Giants continue to give up runs!

DJofSD
09-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Glen Beck -- A#1 *sshole as far as I'm concerned.

I never really paid any attention to him but after the breakdown of Barbaro, I heard him go on for quite a long spiel about the horse. He obviously did not know item-1 about horses or racing but nonetheless needed to provide an opinion about what had happen and the horse.

JPinMaryland
09-24-2006, 11:38 AM
I did catch part of Cast a Giant Shadow w/ Kirk Douglas as col Marcus and Angie Dickinson as the wife. The acting was pretty good but it's always difficult to translate these sorts of political struggles into something that appeals to general audiences.

GLenn Beck is real strange, he seems to giggle as he delivers every line. Very off putting.

46zilzal
09-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Glen Beck -- A#1 *sshole as far as I'm concerned.

no disagreement there.

rrpic6
09-24-2006, 12:59 PM
www.pbs.org (http://www.pbs.org) has a multi-part series, FRONTLINE:The Dark Side, that's very interesting. Watch Dick Cheney and Rummy hi-jack the CIA and start the war in Iraq with the help of an Iraqi guy named "Curveball". Only in America.

Dave Schwartz
09-24-2006, 04:38 PM
I find that I actually agree with Glen Beck's position on most issues.

However, I find that between Beck and Nancy Grace CNN has proven to be so "hot story-oriented" that they have lost their credibility. They are going to pummel us with whatever story will get the most air mileage, even if it lacks truth.

CNN's non-news shows have become an embarassment, IMHO.

Dave Schwartz