PDA

View Full Version : The Matron

cees with dees
09-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Eternal Grace fought tooth and nail against the grain of an intense outside closers bias last time at Monmouth.
Appears below alot of these on ability but when you disect this race, Featherbed just has no shot from the rail and her uncoulpled mate, Octave, really just picked up the pieces of a fall apart last time. Magical Ride and Arnold using Prado are likely to try and rate and use a gear rather than get carved up but can she rate???? Good question and a short price for sure. Especially with all of the bounce theory candidates on board today.
Cash's Girl may have some ability but that field at Delaware was abysmal.
Meadow Breeze is really ambitiously placed and her best shot is to take back and hope for a meltdown and to grab a slice.
Kelly Breen is no dummy and this filly was really tremendous that day.
Look for her to rate off of a hopeful duel and pick em all up.
I'm playing WPS 4. Exacta box 4/6.
She opened 5-1.
Thought she'd be much higher but maybe thats a good sign.
Later,
Ben

Tee
09-23-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm looking a for a speed duel to soften em up and the 7 furlong distance to help out #3 Octave.

JustRalph
09-24-2006, 04:23 AM
Looks like she took it to them..........

From the Bloodhorse:

Willow Rock Stable's 2-year-old filly Meadow Breeze, making her graded stakes debut, came up with the biggest effort of her young career Saturday to win the 100th running of the $250,000 Matron (gr. I) at Belmont Park by a head at odds of 34-1.