PDA

View Full Version : need help

Harvhorse
09-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Four or five years ago, there was a NYRA trainer (elderly man) who was on a long losing streak. An owner claimed a very hard hitting sprinter hoping he could get of the bad streak with this horse. But, first time off the claim for the new trainer he lost and the horse was claimed out of the race. The question is, who was that trainer and what was the name of the horse?

cj
09-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Arromanches ... Arthur Wendel

Harvhorse
09-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Thanks.

Stevie Belmont
09-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Arromanches rambled off 10 straight during that run.

Doc
09-22-2006, 08:34 AM
What a great horse - whatever happened to him? Anybody know? Didn't Lake have him at one point?

Doc

witchdoctor
09-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Arromanches is standing at stud in Iowa.

Observer
10-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Arromanches was not claimed from Wendel. He was sent back to Lake by the owner he ran for under Wendel's care.

This was a perfect example of what a difference a trainer can make. Arromanches was always the type who walked with a purpose in the paddock .. on his way to the track .. etc .. this horse marched .. however .. first off the claim for Wendel .. the spark was gone, and Arromanches was a shadow of himself .. walking with no energy, head down .. and simply looked dull.

Back with Lake next out .. Arromanches rebounded back into the winner's circle.

cj
10-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Makes you wonder what Lake does to give these sprinters that "spark", doesn't it?

Observer
10-09-2006, 12:40 AM
[Sigh]

It was clear as day the difference in care. Under Wendel .. Arromanches dropped weight .. and clearly was dull. Back with Lake, Arromanches put weight back on and looked much brighter.

Wish I had before-after-after pictures .. of what he looked like before the claim, of what he looked like first out off the claim, and of what he looked like after being transferred to Lake.

No hocus-pocus .. no rocket science .. it was simply a matter of knowing how to feed a horse who had broken his jaw earlier in life.

kenwoodallpromos
10-09-2006, 02:54 AM
[Sigh]

It was clear as day the difference in care. Under Wendel .. Arromanches dropped weight .. and clearly was dull. Back with Lake, Arromanches put weight back on and looked much brighter.

Wish I had before-after-after pictures .. of what he looked like before the claim, of what he looked like first out off the claim, and of what he looked like after being transferred to Lake.

No hocus-pocus .. no rocket science .. it was simply a matter of knowing how to feed a horse who had broken his jaw earlier in life.
Great post showing critical things do not alsways show up in the PP's!
(And maybe Wendel did not get medical records when he became trainer so did not know about the jaw?)

skate
10-09-2006, 03:12 PM
daa

Observer
11-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Great post showing critical things do not alsways show up in the PP's!
(And maybe Wendel did not get medical records when he became trainer so did not know about the jaw?)

If I remember the story right .. I don't think medical records would have been needed to know there had been a problem with his jaw .. I believe there was a permanent disability with his jaw that hindered his food intake.

Overlay
11-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Makes you wonder what Lake does to give these sprinters that "spark", doesn't it?

Would Jerry Bailey attribute it to "some magical reason"? :rolleyes: