PDA

View Full Version : Webinar-Review!

Maxspa
09-19-2006, 11:37 PM
All,
Being a software junkie, I couldn't turn down the opportunity to join the Handicapping OS Webinar. I was not sure what a "Webinar" was or more importantly was it going to be a situation that required special talents to be a participant. These thoughts crossed my mind as I began the simple log on process. First, I logged on to the special website with the pass word that was sent by email. Then I dialed the special phone number and was ready to begin. The picture wasn't pretty as I sat at my computer with a mouse in one hand and a phone in the other.
Rich Rosa, the narrator, began to explain the important parts of the HOS
program. Among the topics he discussed, were Paceline Selection, Sartin Sort,
Track Profile, Energy, Projected Speed, Odds Lines and how to develop your own HOS profiles. He then handicapped a live Mountaineer Race using some of the techniques, he explained earlier. In all fairness to Rich, (He didn't pick the winner) but there was not enough time to competently analyze the race.
There was time for individual questions, no pressure what so ever to purchase the program and certainly the people who attended have a basic understanding of this complex software. I also got a feeling that many HOS improvements and additions will be forthcoming.
It was a pleasant learning experience and I would recommend a "Webinar" to handicappers on this board.
Maxspa

PaceAdvantage
09-20-2006, 01:26 AM
Thanks Max! I hope others who attended might chime in on their experience...

CBedo
09-20-2006, 02:28 AM
I was part of one of the HOS webinars a little over a week ago, and although I had just flown into Vegas, was extremely tired, and (embarassingly) not well prepared, the webinar was very helpful in educating me what the HOS is about and what it can do. If I ever get home from the business trip from hell (and get caught up), I will probably try to do a further evalution of HOS for a month or so, to get an even better feel for it.

I highly recommend a webinar for anyone interested.