PDA

View Full Version : Beyer Selection Method

andicap
09-19-2002, 04:36 PM
Experimenting with betting method using just Beyers and some basic DRF form capping

8th race Belmont.
$4 win on the 1
$6 win on the 2

$2 ex. 5/1 and $3 5/2 (breakeven bets)

My usual method also includes BRIS pace figures but I don't have them today.

andicap
09-19-2002, 04:58 PM
5/1 came down late from $18 to $13.60, so lost 9% on the race.
we'll keep on truckin....

tboles
09-19-2002, 05:02 PM
Even though the payout was not what you may have wanted....
Nice call on the picks Andicap!

andicap
09-19-2002, 07:05 PM
terrible card today for this method. i was kicking myself for spending the $2.50 to download the PDF and saw how few ratable races there were.

In the first race, the 7F MSW, the horse that won was tied with 3 others for 2nd in my point system. The second place finisher was the 5th choice.

In the 9th race, the chalky top choice won the race. The place horse was the 5th choice.

I'm looking for the top overlay and in the 9th race it was the 6 horse which did nada.Tough race because horses were very close together. Only 8 pts seperated my contenders on their top Beyers -- 4 pts if you throw out the top figure in the race.
This is with NO OTHER HANDICAPPING but the Beyers.

Rule of thumb: the lower the odds, the more you handicap on form, etc.
The higher the odds, the less you handicap.
the 2 in the first race looked awful, 0-14, terriblejock, trainer, yech. But it was a $50 horse and had competitive Beyers.

Solving the juggling act is the toughest part of the game

rrbauer
09-19-2002, 07:17 PM
andicap wrote:
Solving the juggling act is the toughest part of the game

Q: Is that like zigging when you should be zagging?

:)

Hey! Meant to ask you--Is the Michigan thing something that Andy S. talked about at the Belmont?

andicap
09-20-2002, 11:53 AM
I'm not up to speed. What Michigan thing? He was talking about doing something in Washington state and expanding it from there.

rrbauer
09-20-2002, 02:12 PM
andi

He's applied for racing dates in Michigan and wants to build a track outside Detroit.