PDA

View Full Version : What Is All The Fuss About With HRTV and TVG?

Nickle
09-18-2006, 04:10 PM
I hear many guys complaining about both and how they are not well run. I agree and have no clue why anyone here watches either. With a good computer and a broadband cable speed using Youbet or Brisbet is much better and there is very little difference vs. watching racing on tv. I always use bris and youbet and will never waste my time using one of my tvs and tying it up with racing all day.

I do not get it, why do few use the internet feeds?

What am I missing? I love live track feeds as oppossed to abbriviated versions on hrt and tvg.

Thanks

skate
09-18-2006, 04:29 PM
nic;

well,i wont say one way or the other is better for me.
i use a TV, for back up.
i use bris also. been doing great until bout 2 months back. i think part of the problem , as to why not just go the net, is the constent changes made over the net, example; virus (mcafee etc.) up-dates, and ISP changes.
these things are taking place daily. and hence, your connections might change. so you go looking for an answer. might be anything, such as computer, ISP, web browser, web site etc.
the TV, it's on -off, simple. you don't need "tec" help.
like i say i too use bris.

Valuist
09-18-2006, 04:49 PM
I do not get it, why do few use the internet feeds?

What am I missing? I love live track feeds as oppossed to abbriviated versions on hrt and tvg.

Thanks

1. The picture is better on TV. At least it is on my TV as opposed to the computer.
2. Not everyone has either a YouBet or Brisbet account. You can watch some tracks for free on Sportsline or ESPN but its mostly the smaller tracks that are carried.

JimG
09-18-2006, 04:50 PM
With a good computer and a broadband cable speed using Youbet or Brisbet is much better and there is very little difference vs. watching racing on tv.
Thanks

Is the above statement true for most people? It is not for me. If I expand the picture to full monitor size, it is very grainy. It is pretty clear if I keep the picture small. With a small picture, it can be a bit hard to see a specific horse at the back of the pack. I do have broadband, a good connection, and I think a decent computer. I am interested in other's thoughts on this. I am open to thoughts on improving the picture on BrisBet/YouBet.

Jim

Tom
09-18-2006, 04:58 PM
YouBet videao is not very good. It is better than nothing, but not by much.
Probelm is you ca't adjsut the picture qualtiy like you can on BrisBet video.
Why not just use WMP and give on the limited postage stamp video thye use now? Yeah, you can change it from postage stamp size to Christmas seal size and give up all semblence of quality.

JustRalph
09-18-2006, 05:02 PM
nickle, if you can't tell the difference in video...........you need a new TV!

I look forward to the day when the races are in HD. HD is awesome.

Tom
09-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Frankly, I would trade actual video for the Woodbine Dots! Them dots is cool!
Shows me everything I need to see.

Nickle
09-18-2006, 05:18 PM
The small screen is just as clear as the tv, when you get bigger of course it is more grainier but if you move away from the computer it is fine. Also I like th internet places have all the tracks as oppossed to tv.

michiken
09-18-2006, 08:03 PM
YouBet video is not very good. It is better than nothing, but not by much.

Their video is optimized for dial up??? It would cost them more $ to upgrade to broadband.

By the way we get nickeled and dimed today, I would faint if any of these monopolies did anything GOOD for the customer.

xciceroguy
09-19-2006, 01:21 AM
I have been a TVG guy for a couple years now and I have no problem with what they do. I agree they carry on a little to much about what bets they play and don't show enough races. But for the most part i find most of the hosts entertaining. I always got a kick out of ex football player Brian Cox. He could not pick a winner in a one horse race but i thought he represented the average guy pretty well.

wes
09-19-2006, 03:35 AM
I'm waiting for a Micro Wave TV so I can watch a ball game in 5 minutes. Watch a whole racing card in about the same amount of time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

wes

trigger
09-19-2006, 03:43 AM
I like to have the races on TV(TVG) and use the computer to surf around the internet at the same time especially if I am not betting (multitasking!). If there's a race(s) I want to bet, I use youbet.com to make the bet and prefer to watch it on TVG if it's on.
Also, imho, it's much more interesting between races to watch on TVG than the internet....like the Pic 6 action yesterday at Fairplex.....carryover into Wednesday is $988,000!!!
trigger

JustRalph
09-19-2006, 03:55 AM
depends on the track feed. If more were like MNR........I could listen to it.

The guy at Turfway this meet (Is he new?) is obviously not a professional broadcaster.......but seems very sincere and takes some interesting angles.......and has picked a few good winners...........but I don't think I could listen to him for more than what he does now. Which is about 2 minutes tops. .........

delayjf
09-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Can anyone tell me why the picture quality of NYRA on TV is so much better than the picture quality any where else??

Sometimes I feel like I'm watching video tape in the long play mode compared to NYRA's picture which seems more vibrant and clear.

Another thing - I hate the split screen view. I much prefer the way NYRA broadcast their races, one screen.

BIG49010
09-20-2006, 05:07 PM
The feed from NYRA I have is much better than the what I believe is the Roberts feed, which has all the other tracks. I think that is where you get this grainny picture from, I noticed it on HPITV also when you watch the channel they have with all the other tracks.

Does anybody think we will ever have HD for racing? 5, 10 years maybe?

wanderius_thrax
09-21-2006, 12:29 PM
does anybody get a reliable video feed from xpressbet? it only works like 1 day out of 7 for me.

Nickle
09-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Roberts communications does not have great quality