PDA

View Full Version : The Presidential IQ Report

hcap
09-18-2006, 08:32 AM
http://www.lovenstein.org/report/

WASHINGTON --In a published report, the Lovenstein Institute of Scranton, Pennsylvania has detailed findings of a four month study of the intelligence quotient of President George W. Bush. Since 1973, the Lovenstein Institute has published its research to the education community on each new president, which includes the famous "IQ" report among others.

Maybe I should have posted this under the "How low can he go?" thread :cool:

Ponyplayr
09-18-2006, 08:49 AM
He was smart enough to get elected two times. So what is Kerry's IQ?:D :D

melman
09-18-2006, 08:52 AM
The same report you mentioned also has Richard Nixon with a higher IQ that FDR, Truman, or Ike. Does that mean you were a huge fan of President Nixon?? :)

melman
09-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Also Hcap I remember reading a book on Ted Bundy the mass murderer who had a very high IQ. A book written by Ann Rule also said how impressed she was by Bundy's ability to speak and express himself. Do not recall the exact number but Bundy was tested with a high IQ.

trp
09-18-2006, 10:05 AM
hcap,

Either you know that "report" was debunked as a hoax years ago (see references all over the internet) or your IQ is less than what you're claiming Bush's to be.

DJofSD
09-18-2006, 10:28 AM
If you've read Goleman's book, Emotional Intellegence, you'll understand there are different ways of measuring potential and capability.

There's plenty of online IQ test web sites. Take one. Post your score. The we can all discuss it.

sq764
09-18-2006, 11:15 AM
http://www.lovenstein.org/report/

WASHINGTON --In a published report, the Lovenstein Institute of Scranton, Pennsylvania has detailed findings of a four month study of the intelligence quotient of President George W. Bush. Since 1973, the Lovenstein Institute has published its research to the education community on each new president, which includes the famous "IQ" report among others.

Maybe I should have posted this under the "How low can he go?" thread :cool:
the lovenstein report.. LOL, are you kidding me guy?

Have you ever just once referenced a neutral website in your life?

Could you imagine the IQ of the guys who lost to these dolts?? WOW

boxcar
09-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Also Hcap I remember reading a book on Ted Bundy the mass murderer who had a very high IQ. A book written by Ann Rule also said how impressed she was by Bundy's ability to speak and express himself. Do not recall the exact number but Bundy was tested with a high IQ.

Exactly! And look where it got him! Must be something more to life than just IQ....

Boxcar

Light
09-18-2006, 12:00 PM
The reason Bush beat Kerry is because dummies vote for dummies and there are more dummies in America than smart people. Here's how they voted ranked by state IQ. Notice the top 16 states in IQ all voted for Kerry:

http://chrisevans3d.com/files/iq.htm

melman
09-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Following your logic then Light, all the people who voted for Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton were "dummies voting for dummies".

trp
09-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Light,

I've only got one duncecap. You and hcap will have to share it.

The study you posted is another debunked hoax.

Are you really that gullible?

46zilzal
09-18-2006, 12:43 PM
hardly a surprise

Dan Montilion
09-18-2006, 01:19 PM
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/lovenstein.html

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/a/106301.htm

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/presiq.htm

Thankfully PA added exclude "off topic" in the search function. Now I just have to remember to use it.

sq764
09-18-2006, 01:29 PM
The reason Bush beat Kerry is because dummies vote for dummies and there are more dummies in America than smart people. Here's how they voted ranked by state IQ. Notice the top 16 states in IQ all voted for Kerry:

Here's my question... Where are tehy getting this IQ information from?

How many people here have taken an IQ test AND have your results been used for these types of figures? Interesting..

TurfRuler
09-18-2006, 01:32 PM
All I can say is the report shows me, whether true or false, is that it is in the genes whether one has intelligence! And by the looks of things the more conservative republican you are the lower your score.

According to statements in the report, there have been twelve presidents over the past 60 years, from F. D. Roosevelt to G. W. Bush who were all rated based on scholarly achievements, writings that they alone produced without aid of staff, their ability to speak with clarity, and several other psychological factors which were then scored in the Swanson/Crain system of intelligence ranking. The study determined the following IQs of each president as accurate to within five percentage points:

147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
132 Harry Truman (D)
122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)
174 John F. Kennedy (D)
126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D)
155 Richard M. Nixon (R)
121 Gerald R. Ford (R)
176 James E. Carter (D)
105 Ronald W. Reagan (R)
98 George H. W. Bush (R)
182 William J. Clinton (D)
91 George W. Bush (R)

46zilzal
09-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Even IF these were accurate, the entire IQ phenomenon has been dubunked many times

kenwoodallpromos
09-18-2006, 02:34 PM
I think this stupid thread is an IQ test -and I just passed because I Quit reading this piece of crap.
Light- your stupid link disclaims the list in the very same page it is printed on. You are lucky I am a nice poster! :lol:

JustRalph
09-18-2006, 02:35 PM

go away......... you are such a putz..........get over it.

kenwoodallpromos
09-18-2006, 02:52 PM
In terms of education and party voting, there existed in 2000 a U shaped pattern, with Gore doing best with the least and most educated.

Vote by Education
% of All Voters
Gore
Bush

No H.S. Degree
5%
59%
39%

High School Graduate
21%
48%
49%

Some College
32%
45%
51%

College Graduate
24%
45%
51%

Post-Graduate Degree
18%
52%
44%

Non-voter;
3rd party or independent voter;
Repub;
Democrat.

hcap
09-18-2006, 03:30 PM
So yeah it is a hoax, but not to far fetched.
After going to museumofhoaxes, I found this in the comments...

"While this actual "study" and subsequent report may have been a hoax, it points out that sometimes fiction can actually be true. Based on George W's lack of coherent vocabulary, his inability to be truthful, his alcohol and drug use in the past and his willingness to believe in his own B.S., I would tend to think that an IQ of 91 is actually an over-estimation of what's going on between those ears of his! ?

Btw,the London Guardian and the New Zealand Southland Times both ran the "Presidential I.Q." a while ago as fact. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought it made sense. In fact it does.
No question nixon was a SMART crook.

Bala
09-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Ted Kaczynski the Unabomber is said to have a 180 IQ. Same as
Albert Einstein.

46zilzal
09-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Btw,the London Guardian and the New Zealand Southland Times both ran the "Presidential I.Q." a while ago as fact. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought it made sense. In fact it does.
that LAST statement is true

Light
09-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Bush is a moron.

lsbets
09-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Yet another post from Hcap where he links to something false, believes it is true, and when it is shown to be false, he attempts to say "even though its false, it has to be true." :lol:

sq764
09-18-2006, 04:44 PM
All I can say is the report shows me, whether true or false, is that it is in the genes whether one has intelligence! And by the looks of things the more conservative republican you are the lower your score.

According to statements in the report, there have been twelve presidents over the past 60 years, from F. D. Roosevelt to G. W. Bush who were all rated based on scholarly achievements, writings that they alone produced without aid of staff, their ability to speak with clarity, and several other psychological factors which were then scored in the Swanson/Crain system of intelligence ranking. The study determined the following IQs of each president as accurate to within five percentage points:

147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
132 Harry Truman (D)
122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)
174 John F. Kennedy (D)
126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D)
155 Richard M. Nixon (R)
121 Gerald R. Ford (R)
176 James E. Carter (D)
105 Ronald W. Reagan (R)
98 George H. W. Bush (R)
182 William J. Clinton (D)
91 George W. Bush (R)
This is what I would like to know - how can you decipher this.. I mean all bullshit aside (well that does eliminate most of this theory, but..) How do they determine this:

"writings that they alone produced without aid of staff,"

I mean are they sitting there watching them write? Taking their word for it? I mean come on man..

sq764
09-18-2006, 04:45 PM
smart crooks don't get caught

sq764
09-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Bush is a moron.
Sometimes we loath the ones that are most similar to us..

melman
09-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Isbets

Sort of like a Dan Rather report uh. :jump: The old yes it is false but it has to be true routine.

46zilzal
09-18-2006, 04:50 PM
smart crooks don't get caught
especially when they think they are demigods ABOVE the law.

JustRalph
09-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Bush is a moron.

You add so much to the discussion..............go away. We know you are a Muslim sympathizer........... we understand where you come from.......

46zilzal
09-18-2006, 05:09 PM
well the rutabaga is mentally challenged in a big way and gives us SO MANY opportunities to understand just what an idiot he truly is: "I look forward to talking to President Musharraf. Look, he doesn't like al Qaeda. They tried to kill him. And we've had a good record of bringing people to justice inside of Pakistan, because the Paks are in the lead."

sq764
09-18-2006, 05:20 PM
well the rutabaga is mentally challenged in a big way and gives us SO MANY opportunities to understand just what an idiot he truly is: "I look forward to talking to President Musharraf. Look, he doesn't like al Qaeda. They tried to kill him. And we've had a good record of bringing people to justice inside of Pakistan, because the Paks are in the lead."
Can you guess what idiot uttered this statement?

Regarding a dinner party with Nixon whan he was younger:

"He had invited my mother to the White House privately, and she accepted and brought all of us, Caroline and me, back. He was very warm and he was a wonderful host and we saw the rooms where we had lived. My sister (I was sort of a hyperactive child) and my sister had a bet with me that either I would spill my milk or my shirttail would be untucked because that used to happen with great frequency. So I had gotten through most of the dinner and shirttail was in and milk was upright and I think we were at dessert. Something caught my attention and the milk went over - right over his lap and he just was very - you know - just didn't blink and just kind of wiped it up - and I lost the bet ... it was a memorable evening."

Tom
09-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Yet another post from Hcap where he links to something false, believes it is true, and when it is shown to be false, he attempts to say "even though its false, it has to be true." :lol:

Oh no, fish for dinner again? :lol:

46zilzal
09-18-2006, 05:35 PM
You add so much to the discussion..............go away. We know you are a Muslim sympathizer...........
this old "with me or aggin'" argument is getting a beard on it.

sq764
09-18-2006, 05:40 PM
almost as old as the played out 'rutbaga' eh?

Show Me the Wire
09-18-2006, 05:48 PM

Tsk, tsk, running commentary from a self avowed spectator.

About the with "us or against us" theme is still very pertinent in light of the new threats of invading Rome and slicing the throats of Christians as a sacrifice.

I hope I did no take the above statemant by the Islamic killers out of context.

Show Me the Wire
09-18-2006, 06:03 PM

Worn out like a thread bare rug.

trp
09-18-2006, 06:08 PM
George Bush got a 1206 on his SATs way back when.

Here's a Time magazine link with the 1206 (=566+640):

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101030127-409553,00.html

A 1206 SAT score at that time was roughly equivalent to an IQ of 125. A 125 IQ would put Bush in approximately the top 5% of all people based on intelligence.

In fact, there was an analysis published before the 2004 election based on military test scores that showed that Bush might have a slightly higher IQ than Kerry. I don't put much faith in the result though.

Show Me the Wire
09-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Speaking of Kerry, which I do as little as possible, does anyone else see a resmblence to the butler character, Lurch, on the old Addams family?

Every time I see him, I think "You rang".

boxcar
09-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Speaking of Kerry, which I do as little as possible, does anyone else see a resmblence to the butler character, Lurch, on the old Addams family?

Every time I see him, I think "You rang".

:lol: :lol:

Boxcar

kenwoodallpromos
09-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Can you guess what idiot uttered this statement?

Regarding a dinner party with Nixon whan he was younger:

"He had invited my mother to the White House privately, and she accepted and brought all of us, Caroline and me, back. He was very warm and he was a wonderful host and we saw the rooms where we had lived. My sister (I was sort of a hyperactive child) and my sister had a bet with me that either I would spill my milk or my shirttail would be untucked because that used to happen with great frequency. So I had gotten through most of the dinner and shirttail was in and milk was upright and I think we were at dessert. Something caught my attention and the milk went over - right over his lap and he just was very - you know - just didn't blink and just kind of wiped it up - and I lost the bet ... it was a memorable evening."
__
Here's a hint- his daddy was a Demo Pres and his aunt had a lobotomy.

46zilzal
09-18-2006, 07:41 PM
at least that was original & not a cloned thought.

JustRalph
09-18-2006, 07:52 PM
jfk jr.

sq764
09-18-2006, 09:40 PM
at least that was original & not a cloned thought.
I have read you posts for a year now and I think you should stick with cloned thought.

46zilzal
09-18-2006, 10:56 PM
I have read you posts for a year now and I think you should stick with cloned thought.
you've read them a lot longer than that...even before the blessed event (GQ) was born.

Light
09-18-2006, 11:04 PM
You add so much to the discussion..............go away. We know you are a Muslim sympathizer........... we understand where you come from.......

You are part of the problem,not the solution.

PaceAdvantage
09-19-2006, 01:37 AM
I would venture a guess that at least one of the four horsemen scored lower than a 1206 on their SATs.....that's gotta make them feel REALLY low....lower than when their man lost in 2004....

46zilzal
09-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Entrance into the university level education is NOT limited to a single exam. The American College Test is accepted by many universities as is The Graduate Record Exam for post graduate studies.

Let the rutabaga take the Medical College Admissions Test and see how he would do, especially the science section. We'd have to tell him that natural selection would trump the faith based crappola of intelligent design.

Show Me the Wire
09-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Entrance into the university level education is NOT limited to a single exam. The American College Test is accepted by many universities as is The Graduate Record Exam for post graduate studies.

Let the rutabaga take the Medical College Admissions Test and see how he would do, especially the science section. We'd have to tell him that natural selection would trump the faith based crappola of intelligent design.

And how will that happen? Natural selection has no explanation for origin (creation).

46zilzal
09-19-2006, 12:01 PM
"self organizing systems" get the book Complexity by Waldrop

Show Me the Wire
09-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Let me rephrase, natural selection has no empirical (provable) explanation of orgin. Possibly a faith based theory based on the faith in natural selection, which is no more valid than any other faith based theory.

rrpic6
09-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Is there a way of comparing SAT Tests scores to ACT scores? Example... 1200=25

Tom
09-19-2006, 08:23 PM
IQ is meaningless if you don't know how to use your smarts in real life.
SATS do not mimick the real world.

Never mind I scored a 1745 and had to take two other people to college with me :rolleyes: to make it even.

I learned more under fire in the real world that from books and lectures.

Bush has the bottom line down just fine - kill your enemy and don't listen to libs. I can think of no greater knowledge.

sq764
09-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Would you pass the BAR exam?

sq764
09-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Is there a way of comparing SAT Tests scores to ACT scores? Example... 1200=25
RR, this should explain it:

http://www.collegeboard.com/sat/cbsenior/html/stat00f.html

sq764
09-19-2006, 09:15 PM
don't listen to libs.
Tom, this should be taught on day one in every Kindergarten in the United States.

46zilzal
09-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Would you pass the BAR exam?
the bar exam is taken AFTER law school, so without that specific education few if any could. The MCAT is taken in one's junior year as an undergraduate.. Apples oranges

Now level one and level two national medical board exams would be equivalent to the bar. without specific education, few could pass those either.

46zilzal
09-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Tom, this should be taught on day one in every Kindergarten in the United States.
think for yourself would be a better motto

sq764
09-19-2006, 11:09 PM
the bar exam is taken AFTER law school, so without that specific education few if any could. The MCAT is taken in one's junior year as an undergraduate.. Apples oranges

Now level one and level two national medical board exams would be equivalent to the bar. without specific education, few could pass those either.
to base someone's overall knowledge on one particular subject is ridiculous.

Some of the finest CEO's in the world couldnt explain what a protron or neutron is.. Does this show anything as to their overall intelligence? I think not.
As usual, you are reaching on this one..

sq764
09-19-2006, 11:10 PM
think for yourself would be a better motto
Both phrases have their merits

DJofSD
09-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Here's an online "IQ" test. I've posted my results. Now a dare the doctors, lawyers and indian chiefs to take it -- or another and post the results and URL. (http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/index-pop.jsp?sid=&supp=&z=)

Not my best but close enough. Of coarse, we're on the honor system here.

Tickle
Networking | Your Account | Test Results | Help | Sign Out

The Classic IQ Test
What's Your IQ?

Congratulations, Dj!
Your IQ score is 133

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

Find out more in your personalized 15-page IQ Report. It's ready right now!

Sample Report

In your IQ Report:

* A summary of your intellectual strengths from certified staff PhDs
* How your IQ compares to others
* Average Tickle IQ scores by state
* Charts and graphs of your results on 5 intelligence scales
* Simple exercises to improve your IQ
* The complete answer key to all the test questions

* Invite your Friends
* Compare Results

Are you interested in knowing how smart your friends are? Invite them to take Tickle's Ultimate IQ Test.

©1999-2006 Tickle Inc. All rights reserved.

46zilzal
09-20-2006, 01:44 AM
IQ was originally a testing of actual age with "mental age." A nebulous concept at best.

JustRalph
09-20-2006, 08:50 AM
IQ was originally a testing of actual age with "mental age." A nebulous concept at best.

I smell somebody who scored well under a hundred......... :lol:

sq764
09-20-2006, 12:28 PM
I smell somebody who scored well under a hundred......... :lol:
It's culturally biased against Western Canadians.. didn't ya know :lol: :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
09-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Is the test administrator Tickle Me Elmo?

DJofSD
09-20-2006, 10:40 PM

Is that the best you can do?

Well, I must say, you and "W" have more in common than you would care to admit. When challenged you fail to rise to the occasion. Both of you are wimps.

46zilzal
09-20-2006, 11:01 PM
challenged? a description of the test is just that.

Oh I get it. I am suppossed to take some two bit test and report back to you.....funny.

The "quotient" refers to Binet's definition of IQ as (Mental Age) divided by (Chronological Age) or M.A./C.A. originally.