PDA

View Full Version : Huge win for the Giants

cj
09-18-2006, 02:16 AM
They showed a lot of heart in that come from the dead win yesterday. Eli is for real, no doubt about it.

sq764
09-18-2006, 11:07 AM
They showed a lot of heart in that come from the dead win yesterday. Eli is for real, no doubt about it.
I thought it was hilarious the way teh Eagles blew that (I am a Philly fan, but cannot stand the Eagles and their attitude of 'we are fine with this team').. I actually turned the game off when it was 24-7, as I was more interested in the Phillies game. I was shocked to see the final.. What a choke

cj
09-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Any time a team comes back like that, the other team had to play some part. They made some dumb plays, the Giants caught some luck.

Still, for a QB to be battered like that, 8 sacks and hit many other times, and still stand there and deliver like that late, and on the road, showed some balls.

I'm not so sure Peyton would have done the same thing in that situation.

sq764
09-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Any time a team comes back like that, the other team had to play some part. They made some dumb plays, the Giants caught some luck.

Still, for a QB to be battered like that, 8 sacks and hit many other times, and still stand there and deliver like that late, and on the road, showed some balls.

I'm not so sure Peyton would have done the same thing in that situation.
I agree to a point.. What I cannot believe is how bad the Eagles secondary is.. How can you defensive line sack a guy 8 times and you STILL give up 370 yards passing and 30 points! That is amazing

Valuist
09-18-2006, 11:15 AM
I saw McNabb's halftime numbers and he had thrown either 31 or 32 passes in the first half. Looks like they got conservative in the second half. Westbrook is a good back but if you need to pound the ball for 3 yards up the middle and burn some clock, he really isn't the right guy.

Big win for the Giants; they had a tough loss to the Colts opening week. Now they get to go to Seattle. Not an easy schedule so far for the Giants.

cj
09-18-2006, 11:16 AM
McNabb looked good the whole game. He had some key drops, especially the one late by J.L. Smith that would have iced the game. It was a perfect throw.

Valuist
09-18-2006, 11:23 AM
I agree to a point.. What I cannot believe is how bad the Eagles secondary is.. How can you defensive line sack a guy 8 times and you STILL give up 370 yards passing and 30 points! That is amazing

That is an excellent point. That's almost impossible.

sq764
09-18-2006, 11:37 AM
McNabb looked good the whole game. He had some key drops, especially the one late by J.L. Smith that would have iced the game. It was a perfect throw.
Yeah, but he also had his usual 5-6 worm burners in there when guys were wide open..

Shouldn't have come to that, since, as you mentioned, his receivers dropped key passes..

Not to mention Westbrook's fumble, Akers missing a field goal earlier, and the huge 15 yard penalty when the Eagle decided to kick a giant in the nuts..

ghostyapper
09-18-2006, 01:27 PM
As a giant fan this is such a refreshing win. Over the last 5 years how many times have we seen the giants blow late leads or give teams the game?

Now the shoe is on the other foot. For eli to be sacked 8 times and hit many others and still come back showed me what I already knew. He does not have the talent as his brother but he has the intangible his brother is lacking.

The future will be bright as long as 10 is our qb.

ghostyapper
09-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Speaking of the mannings can you believe they through for 870+ yards and 6 tds combined?

Think archie is proud?

sq764
09-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Speaking of the mannings can you believe they through for 870+ yards and 6 tds combined?

Think archie is proud?
770 actually.. but yeah, quite a day..

I believe they were the top 2 passers yesterday

JustRalph
09-18-2006, 02:03 PM

Think archie is proud?

I think he has been proud for a long time. What a family.........

BetHorses!
09-18-2006, 11:48 PM

Great observation! Thanks :ThmbUp:

skate
09-19-2006, 04:08 PM
many good points here.

so let me add, eagles will most likely win the next match.

many times , as everyone knows (but forget), the NFL in particular, the team ahead at the 1/2 will end up losing.

not so with B.B.
that was some comback the Dodgers had last nite, i think they had 4 home runs back to backs, to tie. and another h.r. in the 10th to win. big game.

Valuist
09-19-2006, 04:45 PM
many times , as everyone knows (but forget), the NFL in particular, the team ahead at the 1/2 will end up losing.

Not if they are the superior defensive team and can run the ball. That's not to say they'll always cover. We often see a team start to get conservative, not necessarily for fear of losing but to burn some clock. Then they go into a prevent defense to trade points for clock. But given a choice, I'd much rather have a lead at halftime. Make that other team play one-dimensionally where your D-line can relentlessly rush the passer and force him into mistakes.

skate
09-19-2006, 05:13 PM
absolute.

sure enough youd want the lead at anytime.

i did have a day, years back, when i was behind all 7 teams and all 7 ended up winning, against the spread.

my only point would be, this is particularly tied to football and specifically to the NFL.

a side note, look at the final scores ( i've really lost a lot of interest) but the total or the spread (not both) will be well within reach during the final 2 min.

what does that mean ? Ziltch, but NFL will have this occurence almost always, i know its a reach, but...

Valuist
09-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Quite a few games tend to come down to the wire spreadwise, esp. in the early part of this decade. It does seem like we are seeing a move away from parity in the NFL. 6 spreads last week at 9 or higher. 3-4 years ago, you'd never have seen that. And the strong just keep beating up on the helpless. In the modern era, you really haven't seen much of that. I guess it all comes in cycles; 5 years from now we could see parity all over the league again....but for now? Its gone.

skate
09-20-2006, 03:51 PM
it seems odd to me, i don't even know who won monday nite games. i was talking to a guy from Minn, only reason i gave thought to the games.

with that said, i be interested in the outcome of those games with spreads over 9.

and, i'm not quite sure about some teams being helpless. i'm thinking about Minny and Flo., baseball teams, not that much in the way of money, but they keep producing.
n some organization don't give enough support.

melman
09-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Eli sure looked good in that first half this week. Three picks and looked lost. :lol:

cj
09-26-2006, 08:40 AM
This week was the reason the Giants win over Philly was so big. Noone has won in the new Seattle stadium yet. It is the toughest place to play in the league right now.

melman
09-26-2006, 09:05 AM
Excuses Excuses Excuses. :jump:

ponyplayerdotca
09-26-2006, 01:31 PM
posted by CJ

"This week was the reason the Giants win over Philly was so big. Noone has won in the new Seattle stadium yet. It is the toughest place to play in the league right now."

===

Losing to Seattle is one thing. Trailing 35-0 by halftime and looking like the 1976 Buccaneers doing so is quite another. Astonishing as well because they played the Seahawks so tough at that same stadium only last season.

As far as this season goes, the Eagles game was "lost" by Philly, not "won" by New York. The Giants should be 0-and-3.

For all the blather about how much of a contender they are supposed to be, I see the same disorganized crew who were shutout at home in the playoffs last January. Just my two cents. Maybe they can turn it around after the bye.

rastajenk
09-27-2006, 04:55 AM
It does seem like we are seeing a move away from parity in the NFL. 6 spreads last week at 9 or higher. 3-4 years ago, you'd never have seen that.

V-man, you made a similar statement recently in another thread, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone else view parity the way you do. I don't think parity is about individual games having tight scores; I always thought it referred to each team starting a season with roughly equal chances of finishing 8-8. The lack of dynasties, or the rareness of even demi-dynasties, is what parity is all about. A spate of blowouts doesn't indicate a trend away from parity, it's just an aberration. The natural forces at work will make sure it doesn't last.

Hammerhead
09-27-2006, 07:02 AM
J-E-T-S
Thats the answer :lol: