PDA

View Full Version : Another Dubya Quote

Rick
09-19-2002, 01:18 PM
"There is an old saying in Tennessee. I know it's in Texas. They say, 'Fool me once, shame on you.' You can fool me, but you can't get fooled again."

The old saying actually goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Watch the Daily Show on Comedy Central if you want to see the video of it, which is better since W has a blank look for a couple of seconds in the middle of it. Strictly Bush league.

BillW
09-19-2002, 02:46 PM
Wasn't that edited by the Daily Show?

Rick
09-19-2002, 05:28 PM
Bill,

I don't know what you mean by "edited". The Daily Show played the clip several times and made fun of it but I don't think they edited anything. I saw it this morning and I think it may be on again later tonight.

There was another quote that was edited by Fox news however to correct a couple of his mistakes.

JesseV!!!
09-19-2002, 06:54 PM
It's sad to say, it wasn't edited. It IS embarrassing though!

BillW
09-19-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Rick
Bill,

I don't know what you mean by "edited". The Daily Show played the clip several times and made fun of it but I don't think they edited anything. I saw it this morning and I think it may be on again later tonight.

There was another quote that was edited by Fox news however to correct a couple of his mistakes.

I just heard it once on a promotion of the Daily Show yesterday and wasn't really paying attention. It left me with the impression that they pieced it together from multiple sources. Like I said though, only saw it once and wasn't paying much attention.

Lefty
09-19-2002, 08:42 PM
Jesse, do you know that shortly after the 92 elections Al Gore and Clinton was visiting Monticello and Al Gore was looking at the busts of our founding fathers and said, "who are all these guys?"
After that he got lost in his own woods back of his house.
And you guys make fun of Bush?

Tom
09-19-2002, 10:16 PM
I think it was Al Gore's mother who was praising Bill and Al during their first campaign who refered to them not as work-a-holics, but as "two young alcoholics!"

OK, so maybe W tangles his words a bit. Maybe he mixes his metaphors, but the man sure do throw a mean missle!
Now, if he hit France instead of Afgahnistan, then that would be embarressing - totally acceptable, of course, but still
embarressing.

And as far as I have heard,, so far, ZERO hummers in the oval office.

Rick
09-20-2002, 11:47 AM
Lefty,

I have no doubt that Gore would have been equally as funny, although in a somewhat different way. I really think W needs some notes or something though. Whenever he tries to ad lib about something he screws it up. I'm really not crazy about our President looking like a deer in the headlights, especially if he's talking to leaders of foreign countries. He IS capable of giving a good speech IF he's well prepared though. The one he gave to the UN was excellent. Someone really should tell him how to pronounce "nuclear" correctly though. Oh well, at least it's only his words that are embarrassing us this time. That's much easier to explain to your children that what the last guy was doing.

ranchwest
09-20-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Rick
"There is an old saying in Tennessee. I know it's in Texas. They say, 'Fool me once, shame on you.' You can fool me, but you can't get fooled again."

The old saying actually goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Watch the Daily Show on Comedy Central if you want to see the video of it, which is better since W has a blank look for a couple of seconds in the middle of it. Strictly Bush league.

Maybe he got it mixed up with lyrics by The Who? What was it, "won't get fooled again"?

Lefty
09-20-2002, 12:21 PM
Okay, the prez gets a few words wrong, and it's a given he can't pronounce nuclear, BUT you CAN take this prez at his WORD and you don't have to PARSE his words. With Bush, we will never have to worry about what is IS.

Rick
09-20-2002, 03:36 PM
ranchwest,

That's exactly what I was thinking. I know I've always been able to remember the words to songs better than anything else. If he wants to borrow a saying from Texas, I think it should be "don't mess with U.S" though.

Lefty,

W has a lot of good qualities that I admire, honesty being one of the most important. Compare LBJ, another president from Texas, with him. We in the US can make fun of him just like all the others, but you don't see other world leaders doing it even when they don't know what the h*ll he's talking about.

Lefty
09-20-2002, 08:47 PM
Compare LBJ to Bush; don't think so. Medicare was given to us by LBJ and it has cost us trillions and practically crashed our healthcare system and is the leading cause of exorbitant healthcare and insurance rates.

Tom
09-21-2002, 12:07 PM
I think medicare was a good idea gone bad. Like anything the federal gov't touches, it turned to crap. You can't represent the people when you spend all our time representing yourself.
Money draws senators like sh*t draws flies. Except the flies are not as annoying.

Rick
09-21-2002, 12:16 PM
Lefty,

What I meant was that LBJ was a dishonest politician from Texas, not as a compliment. Between his handling of the war and social programs, he's got to be right up there with some of the worst Presidents ever. Carter was inept, but at least he was honest.

Lefty
09-21-2002, 12:18 PM
Medicare was always a bad idea because the govt too much involved and the Demos promoted it to keep people dependent on said govt and keep Demos in Power. If Demos really cared for people instead of themselves they would have been and would be solidly behind Medical savings Plans and privatized SS. But, they don't give a whit about the people.
Don't you find it strange that congress is itself on neither of these plans?
If it ain't good enough for Congress why the hell should it be good enough for us?

smf
09-21-2002, 12:38 PM
Rick posts...

Lefty,

What I meant was that LBJ was a dishonest politician from Texas, not as a compliment. Between his handling of the war and social programs, he's got to be right up there with some of the worst Presidents ever. (end quote)

Rick,

LBJ was unquestionably the worst president we've had in my lifetime. It's been said that LBJ basically took JFK's ideas, and had the power to implement them in a short period of time. Not sure that was the case, but LBJ did more to divide the country in so many ways it's embarrassing.

Lefty
09-21-2002, 12:47 PM
Yes, LBJ dishonest and from Texas. Do you believe Bush to be dishonest? I don't. After Clinton he's a breath of fresh air.
Thank God Gore lost.

smf
09-21-2002, 08:03 PM
Lefty,

Don't know if you were referring to me or not, but I trust GWB completely. No one is perfect but he's done the best with what he's been dealt with. I can't imagine Gore being in office right now.

>>shutter<<

I voted for GWB. Will do so again but it looks like the deck is stacked against him next out.

LBJ was an embarrassment to Texas (and Texans).

Lefty
09-21-2002, 08:08 PM
Smf, yep I was, but you cleared it up nicely. I think GWB is being severely underestimated by the Demos as well as the world.
I think he'll win but we must all vote cause the Demos will hustle up every legal and illegal votes they can get away with. And if that doesn't work they'll cry they didn't know how to use the machines.

Tom
09-22-2002, 05:34 PM
Ironic, isn't it, the the "dumb" guy won becasue the other party couldn't figure out to punch a ballot?
HeHeHe.....

Lefty
09-22-2002, 08:50 PM
Yeah, who was dumb? Actually, I think they could punch the ballots and all that uproar was a sham created by sore losers. The very same type of machines were used in Chicago to elect Jesse Jackson's son. Hmmm.