PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland Yearling Auction

LRL Racing
09-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Just returned from two days at the auction.
Any questions?

Pace Cap'n
09-17-2006, 08:51 PM
How much did you spend?

LRL Racing
09-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Two. One for $40,000 the other for $30,000. Counting taxes $74,200.

JustRalph
09-17-2006, 10:33 PM
well, tell us what you bought? (uh oh, I bit)

blind squirrel
09-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Just returned from two days at the auction.
Any questions?
there were horse's left after SHEIK MOHAMMED AL MAKTOUM
went back to DUBAI?

kenwoodallpromos
09-18-2006, 03:42 AM
How long does it take everybody to move their buys out of the place? Do many of them hire land tranport companys to move them out?

cj
09-18-2006, 08:45 AM
How long does it take everybody to move their buys out of the place? Do many of them hire land tranport companys to move them out?

I think they just bring their own tack, mount up, and ride them home.

kenwoodallpromos
09-18-2006, 02:11 PM
I think they just bring their own tack, mount up, and ride them home.
In that case every buyer lives 1f away!LOL!!
I know the various ways to transport horses, but I also know the Sheik brought a plane but I do not know if his or other private planes are set up to transport horses, or if those trainers whose clients buy dozens park many trailers in the lot or hire equine transport companys to haul them later.
Maybe it is a stupid question and will not change my betting anyway.
I see many trailers hauling racing stock, both Harness and Tbred, along the North/South routes in Ca.
My understanding was that some horses are bought at various Eastern Time Zone auctions and may be going cross country.
My understanding also is that most cross country race shippers are flown on hired planes.
I just wanted to know when the latest million dollar baby was going to be making a train stop near me so I can go out and see it like people did on the movie "Seabiscuit"!LOL!!

LRL Racing
09-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Bought a More Than Ready Filly and a Sky Mesa filly. Buying one more on Tuesday.
Horses are moved the same day asap. Trailers fill up and are moving horses all day out of there as there are approximately 400 horses sold per day.

kenwoodallpromos
09-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Bought a More Than Ready Filly and a Sky Mesa filly. Buying one more on Tuesday.
Horses are moved the same day asap. Trailers fill up and are moving horses all day out of there as there are approximately 400 horses sold per day.