PDA

View Full Version : PVal Back in the saddle

rrpic6
09-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Pat Valenzuela rode Becrux to win the Woodbine Mile. He hasn't ridden all Summer and wins one of North America's biggest Turf races. He could be the best jockey of all time, when you consider how difficult it is to come back so many times from the depths of his demons and real problems.

BIG49010
09-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Did you see that 2yr f. Dreaming of Anna beat the boys, and run a second slower then the older males. She was under raps also. Some kind of freak, they say they are running in Br. Cup with her.

JustRalph
09-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Pval made 60k today......if my numbers are right...........maybe that will pay for his hospital stay.............amazing..........

Ron
09-17-2006, 08:08 PM
I guess his back is ok? :lol:

Why would they let him race?

BIG49010
09-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Running with GOD, 4 miles a day, and trying to stay away from Satin the rest of the time.

Most impressive jockey on or off the junk, I have ever seen. He spent 1 of his detox times away from Cal. riding at Hawthorne in Chicago for a couple of months. He could move a horse up 5 -6 lengths, and if that was enough to win, he won.

NY BRED
09-22-2006, 01:37 AM
granted P.Val is a great jockey ,and a given he has many health issues.

somehow, getting to ride in a major canadian stakes race despite ,i believe,
being suspended in California, illustrates poor judgement by racing officials
and sets a benchmark for future jocks with similar problems
riding in California, or any other state in this country.

shanta
09-22-2006, 08:31 AM
granted P.Val is a great jockey ,and a given he has many health issues.

somehow, getting to ride in a major canadian stakes race despite ,i believe,
being suspended in California, illustrates poor judgement by racing officials
and sets a benchmark for future jocks with similar problems
riding in California, or any other state in this country.

I agree with you 100% Gary. If you are suspended that's it. You don't ride anywhere.
Richie

pic6vic
09-22-2006, 09:26 AM
P VAL is not suspended in Cal. The board just wants to know why he was in the hospital. He jas passed all drug tests.

banacek
09-22-2006, 09:40 AM
If he was suspended, I'm sure he couldn't have ridden in Canada.

If I remember correctly when Secretariat came to Woodbine to run his last race (Canadian International), Ron Turcotte was serving a suspension in NY. Eddie Maple had to ride, which was a big disappointment for the crowd and Turcotte because he is Canadian. Secretariat, of course, did not disappoint:)

Ron
09-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Ok, you're right. Technically he isn't suspended in California. He's just not cleared to ride. They're waiting on a hair sample?

Buddha
09-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Even if you are serving days, most tracks will let you ride in a stakes race, but you then have to add another day to the end of your days. As someone mentioned though, he wasnt serving days, he was supposedly out on injury