PDA

View Full Version : OLBERMANN ON A JAG

bigmack
09-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Get a load of this rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGlRf3bfrpA

"5 years later and it's just a background for a photo op and it's beyond shameful?"

skate
09-15-2006, 04:31 PM
yep, keith is nothing but a turdy,dilatory,MesSNBC Idiot.

he'll soon disappear

JPinMaryland
09-15-2006, 04:57 PM
He had some pithy comments when the old timers committee overlooked Buck ONeill, while inducting 18 others, including one mobster. You can still google it on his blogsite.

46zilzal
09-15-2006, 04:59 PM
was that the guy from the old K.C. Monarchs? what a great old fellow. The stories he relates......Thought he was a great addition to the Baseball series on PBS.

JPinMaryland
09-15-2006, 05:05 PM
here's the story, written in the same style that he delivers the news. It's a good read.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11478921/

JPinMaryland
09-16-2006, 01:29 AM
Gee I happened to catch Olbermann tonight and flipping channels I came back to see the "Special commentary" right in the middle. Not realizing it was a repeat of his monday monologue.

Gawd, that was so strange. I assume it is the same thing referenced above? Using the march 1960 episode of Twilight Zone as an analogy for the politics of the war on terror was just really bizarro. He kept talking about wedge issues. You know of all the problems associated with Bush's policy it's not really about pitting americans vs americans is it? People disagree with the war in Iraq, okay how is that Bush pitting people against one another. You might have a better case w/ the politics of gay marriage or something.

Pronouncing the attack on Iraq to be an impeachable offense was only slightly less bizarre. I note in passing that Congress gave the pres. carte blanche to do whatever it took to fight the war on terror.

Then he kept equating the lack of a monument at ground zero and the local political bickering as some sort of reflection on Bush. Whatever. Very strange.

Even tonight's Worst Person in the World Award was off. Perennial winner Bill OReilly wins again only this time for his website that sells tee shirts that have certain "cut and run to" various sizes. A freudian slip?

Yeah, like but what? A phallic reference or a military one. Keith doesnt say. Makes no sense.

You know what? I think Keith messed the best analogy: Howard Biel, Network:

I'm Mad as Hell! ANd I'm not gonna take it anymore!!

JustRalph
09-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Keith is an idiot and can't believe that he is irrelevant.........even though he has his own show, he can't stand it. he goes after o'reilly all the time because O'really has about 6 times the viewers that Keith has. He is so full of himself and has become a hero to the Left Wings "Keepers of Odd Knowledge Society" of which I think there are a few members on this board.

He really thinks he matters............which is his first mistake

GaryG
09-16-2006, 12:34 PM
He did sports for years in LA and was a joke....Always a different hair style or way of dressing, trying to find out who he was I guess. One time he had his hair slicked back and wore a Mets jacket. My all time favorite sportscaster, the late Jim Healy, called him the KO Kid. Really pissed him off!

kenwoodallpromos
09-16-2006, 02:44 PM
I stropped watching Oberman- all I saw him do was make a living critiquing othe cable hosts. Too much of small time current event types using competitors to get ratings.