PDA

View Full Version : Hawthorne on HRTV

The Hawk
09-15-2006, 03:22 PM
They seem to be hyping it a lot today, which is opening day, as if they'll actually show all the races there. Those of us with Dish Network could actually come out ahead in this Illinois vs. TVG tussle, since TVG rarely showed their races live anyway, and HRTV and TVG are both part of the basic Dish package.

xfile
09-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Take NYRA away from TVG and you have a ZERO network. Like you said they never showed Arlington live anyway. They actually spend money, time and effort to put stupid shows like :58 flat on the air - screw 58 flat! - show more races! Carrothers makes me want to vomit....IAC it should be a good Hawthorne meet :cool:

The Hawk
09-17-2006, 09:12 PM
You can keep the NYRA races, I watch it for CRC and KY, and the live races from CRC are hit and miss.

trigger
09-18-2006, 03:40 AM
You can keep the NYRA races, I watch it for CRC and KY, and the live races from CRC are hit and miss.

TVG has a schedule of races to be shown on TV each day.
http://www.tvg.com/

JustRalph
09-18-2006, 02:18 PM
TVG has a schedule of races to be shown on TV each day.
http://www.tvg.com/

Don't believe everything you read. Several times they have blown off a race or ran it taped delay 20 or more minutes later. Sometimes they run two back to back........20 minutes or more later........after the second one.........

JimG
09-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Don't believe everything you read. Several times they have blown off a race or ran it taped delay 20 or more minutes later. Sometimes they run two back to back........20 minutes or more later........after the second one.........

JR,

Very true. Many times they indicated on the schedule they would be showing races from CNL but did not. Also, TVG had extensively advertised Jill Byrne and Ken Rudolph would be at CNL live on the upcoming Sat for the CNL Turf cup. I noticed Ken Rudolph doing HOL on late Friday night before. I shot him an email and asked about the CNL trip. He said it was suddenly cancelled with no explanation. Afterward, I got rid of DirecTV and took cable again and just stick to watching my races on BrisBet.

Jim