PDA

View Full Version : Prado SCHOOLS Gomez

the_fat_man
09-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Just had the pleasure of viewing Wednesday's 8th at Beautiful Belmont.

Man, did Prado school Gomez::lol:
Did everything right, teased, then took back, while Gomez gave us the 'typical' trip, needlessly pushing to hook the speed on the midturn. Very nice, indeed.

Oh, and I really shouldn't forget my favorite IN A HURRY jock, Cornelio V., who was, well, IN A HURRY, as usual.

the little guy
09-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Now I have felt for a number of years that Prado was as good a rider as there is in this country but I am mystified by the riding exhibition he put on this past Saturday at Belmont.

I would like to know what was going through his mind when he absolutely buried Rebuttal in the opener. Saving ground is one thing, but to do it for no purpose, or worse, is another. he gave that horse absolutely no shot.

But, it was in the 5th race that I am really confused. His performance on the second finisher would have made Raul Rojas blush.

He is too good a rider, if you ask me, for those two performances.

twindouble
09-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Now I have felt for a number of years that Prado was as good a rider as there is in this country but I am mystified by the riding exhibition he put on this past Saturday at Belmont.

I would like to know what was going through his mind when he absolutely buried Rebuttal in the opener. Saving ground is one thing, but to do it for no purpose, or worse, is another. he gave that horse absolutely no shot.

But, it was in the 5th race that I am really confused. His performance on the second finisher would have made Raul Rojas blush.

I think you need more than one lady to keep you happy. :lol:

the little guy
09-14-2006, 08:55 PM
As usual Twin I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

twindouble
09-14-2006, 09:17 PM

Boy, I think your memory is failing you. Now think about it and get back to me in a couple days.

twindouble
09-14-2006, 09:51 PM

Not that I think it will bother you, here's what you said. Besides you scored your points with "As usual". Your a tough man to beat with the words. I'll never be the same.

Quote The little guy.

DrugS

You REALLY need to get laid.

the_fat_man
09-14-2006, 09:53 PM

How did he BURY Rebuttal? The horse sucked up inside the ENTIRE RACE. It was a garden trip. Hard to tell in the headon whether he had room to run in the stretch but from the track shot it appears he just came up empty. Moreover, Edgar ran the identical race on Cacique in the stake. It's a gamble but more often than not, the inside trip wins.

Have to congratulate you on selecting Pulpiteer; guess that checking badly between horses going into the first turn warrants a bet back. Who was on him in the Saratoga race? Funky ride. Was it a rodeo?

While Edgar did get blocked badly in this one and would've won had he gotten through in the stretch -- he was best --- a sole objective complaint would be that he didn't bounce wide late turn when he had the opportunity.
To that point, he'd given the horse a very nice ride: broke WIDEST of all, took back to let the field clear, moved him up nicely to the inside, where he drafted to the stretch. Something to ponder: if he keeps wide throughout, without cover, is he in a position to run in the stretch?

These are the ones that hurt.

the little guy
09-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Wide at Belmont is basically meaningless. I would have to assume a rider as good as Prado would have realized that by now.

Let me put it another way, if Santos was riding Rebuttal a lot of people would be suggesting he tanked him. Comparing his ride to the one on Cacique shows a great deal of race watching immaturity that I doubt you believe you have.

FoxTrot
09-15-2006, 03:24 AM
Wide at Belmont is basically meaningless.
I would have to assume a rider as good as Prado would have realized that by now
wide is meaningless, anybody here agree with that?
prado just doesn't get it huh? i think before each race the trainer should say "hey edgar, you could be 8 wide the whole trip or on the rail cause you don't know it yet, but it just doesn't matter"
now that stands to reason (in fantasyland)

samyn on the green
09-15-2006, 03:52 AM
Belmont is known for the balcony move, a wide sweeping move on the turn that frequently wins races. The wide sweeping turns on the belmont main track are un like any other turns at any other North American course. Being on the outside is the prefered racing position at Belmont. The camber of the turns at Belmont means there is very little ground loss when compared to any other North American track.

Prado's/NNY benefited in this race because Go-Go/WV did the dirty work and pressed the lone speed Organizer. It did not help that Organizer bore out at the top of the lane, opening up a huge hole for NNY. This race set up nicely for multiple stakes winning NNY when the ploder WV had to press a swift pace at a distance he had not ran at for a long time. Then the seas parted and the rest was history.

Rafael Bejarano was the worst a Belmont a few years ago. When he first came to New York he rode every race like he was taught at a tight turned track like Churchill, save all the ground, save all the ground and save all the ground. He saved ground and ate dirt on each and every race and frequently got stymied inside while the long time curcuit jocks were getting the jump on him with free running outside moves.

wide is meaningless, anybody here agree with that?
prado just doesn't get it huh? i think before each race the trainer should say "hey edgar, you could be 8 wide the whole trip or on the rail cause you don't know it yet, but it just doesn't matter"
now that stands to reason (in fantasyland)

twindouble
09-15-2006, 07:37 AM
There's no question those wide sweeping turns are a factor a Belmont, levels the game out some, but to say going wide is meaningless a flag goes up. Many times, I've seen horses, including mine in the 3, 4 or 5 path with six or seven others in front entering the stretch with nothing opening up having to go around them "wide" for a clear run and not get up in time and blow by them after the wire.

aaron
09-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Not that most jockeys notice or even care,but Saturday and Sunday the rail was not the place to be at Belmont.There was no point in trying to save ground on the rail either Saturday or Sunday.If Prado was paying attention he certainly should have picked this up by the 5th race.

the little guy
09-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Wait a minute, am I to believe that people actually think it's all about saving ground, and any horse inside had a good trip, and every path a horse was wide made his trip tougher?

All I can say to that is GOOD LUCK.

aaron
09-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Little Guy-
I agree with that.Take a look at Wed. 9th race on the turf and watch the ride Rodriquez gave Elder Statesman.By trying to save ground he turned a perfect trip into a nightmare.
I don't know if the horse would have won,but the ride took away any chance he had.

twindouble
09-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Wait a minute, am I to believe that people actually think it's all about saving ground, and any horse inside had a good trip, and every path a horse was wide made his trip tougher?

All I can say to that is GOOD LUCK.

Of course not, you know very well it's all about speed, class and breeding.

the_fat_man
09-15-2006, 01:20 PM
..if Santos was riding Rebuttal a lot of people would be suggesting he tanked him. Comparing his ride to the one on Cacique shows a great deal of race watching immaturity that I doubt you believe you have.

Having shown the most basic race watching skills, given your comments regarding simpleton trouble trips as bet backs, you really need to STOP WHINING, TAKE IT LIKE A MAN, and watch the races OBJECTIVELY.

You got BLOCKED:

In one case YOU'RE NOT WINNING THE RACE ---watch the replay

in the other, you were best

take it like a man and watch the replays a bit more closely and bit more OBJECTIVELY

You know, it's one thing to have to deal with the uninformed on this site

quite another when the supposedly informed can't even see through their beats to objectively evaluate a race

you know better

BIG49010
09-15-2006, 02:57 PM
I wish he would school Luzzi, this guy doesn't have a clue, it's no wonder he is 1 for 30. I thought he was a lock in the 3rd today, and he takes back with the speed, and looses by a neck to a horse that shouldn't be on the lead. :bang:

Give credit to Jara, he tries for the front in the slop, unless instructed other wise, and sometimes comes home a winner at a price.

BIG49010
09-15-2006, 03:10 PM
They must read Pace Advantage in the jocks room, Luzzi wins the 5th or Jerkins schooled him.

JPinMaryland
09-15-2006, 03:14 PM
they are probably logging in via wireless to that pc fat man has set up on the roof. :p

the little guy
09-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Having shown the most basic race watching skills, given your comments regarding simpleton trouble trips as bet backs, you really need to STOP WHINING, TAKE IT LIKE A MAN, and watch the races OBJECTIVELY.

You got BLOCKED:

In one case YOU'RE NOT WINNING THE RACE ---watch the replay

in the other, you were best

take it like a man and watch the replays a bit more closely and bit more OBJECTIVELY

You know, it's one thing to have to deal with the uninformed on this site

quite another when the supposedly informed can't even see through their beats to objectively evaluate a race

you know better

In the Rebuttal race I bet the winner and in the 5th race I bet a bunch of horses that ran up the track.

Grow up.