PDA

View Full Version : Ann Richards

ljb
09-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Ann Richards former governor of Texas died last night.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060914/pl_nm/richards_dc_4
The link includes a humorous comment she made about George Bush senior. Here is one she said about George Bush Junior.
"He was born on third base and thought he hit a triple."
This lady was sharp and will be missed by many.

46zilzal
09-14-2006, 12:27 PM
she KNEW the rutbaga even back then. Leopards spots don't change.

JustRalph
09-14-2006, 12:35 PM
The Rutabaga put her ass back in her kitchen after one term. She can talk and say anything she wants...........he sent her ass packing.

She was dumb enough to veto a concealed carry law in Texas........after all the shit they went through..............no mourning here.........

Secretariat
09-14-2006, 01:47 PM
She was a great lady. Sorry to see that even within a day of her death some feel compelled to insult her legacy. At least give it a week.

kenwoodallpromos
09-14-2006, 03:28 PM
she KNEW the rutbaga even back then. Leopards spots don't change.
If about you and Sec, correct!LOL!!
Too bad that as well respected by all as a good governor, the libs focus on crappy soundbites, spurring sensless retorts and distracting me from the compliments I WAS going to pay her on this thread.

Indulto
09-14-2006, 04:14 PM
If about you and Sec, correct!LOL!!
Too bad that as well respected by all as a good governor, the libs focus on crappy soundbites, spurring sensless retorts and distracting me from the compliments I WAS going to pay her on this thread.KW,
Hope you will then post them in another thread.

BTW does anyone remember whether her famous Bush bashing at the DNC contained the phrase "silver spoon in his mouth" or "silver foot." When I heard it intially in that, my first ever exposure to her, my reaction was that she was unkind. I was wrong. :(

46zilzal
09-14-2006, 04:50 PM
being a skunk runs in the Bush family.
http://www.911dossier.co.uk/bc01.html

Tom
09-14-2006, 05:41 PM
This lady was sharp and will be missed by many.

Not me.

ljb
09-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Not me.
Can't take the heat hey !

Secretariat
09-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Indulto,

I always thought silver spoon in his mouth" is what she said as it is attributed on most quote sites, but NBC News played it tonight, and she said "silver foot in his mouth" which I like better.

"Poor George [Bush], he can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth.”

She had so many great quotes, and a great sense of humor.

I liked this one:

“Ann Richards on How to Be a Good Republican: 1. You have to believe that the nation's current 8-year prosperity was due to the work of Ronald Reagan and George Bush, but yesterday's gasoline prices are all Clinton's fault. 2. You have to believe that those privileged from birth achieve success all on their own. 3. You have to be against all government programs, but expect Social Security checks on time.”

She had some great Bush ones as well, but GW always seems to have better ones on himself than anyone can come up with.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushdumbquotes.htm

Tom
09-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Can't take the heat hey !

You know, you make less sense the more you post.
What the hell does that comment mean? Heat? What heat? The heat that Bush put on her and put her ass back in the kitchen? THAT heat?
At least try to make some kind of sense when you try to be funny.

JustRalph
09-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Bush took that Silver foot out of his mouth and punted her back to the kitchen......... :lol:

Tom
09-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Funny, the only thing these hippocrites can say good about her is insults she made to Bush. Sum total of here political career. Man, I am feeling sorry for her now...THIS is the type of people who eulogize her? :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2006, 01:38 AM
being a skunk runs in the Bush family.
http://www.911dossier.co.uk/bc01.html

What a warm eulogy...thanks so much....

Politicizing death....oh well, another unoriginal thought from the four horsemen...

dav4463
09-15-2006, 04:43 AM
I live in Texas. Most people here saw her as a loudmouth whose talking far outweighed her actions.

Pace Cap'n
09-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Don't remember to whom she was referring, but I do recall the line "All hat and no cattle.".

Secretariat
09-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Don't remember to whom she was referring, but I do recall the line "All hat and no cattle.".

I remember the one where she spoke of voting for someone with an actual real Texas accent.

Overlay
09-16-2006, 05:35 AM
The other phrase I associate with her (in saying that something Bush said or proposed was hard to believe or not workable) was, "That dog won't hunt."

I heard that one of the reasons she went into politics was that she didn't want the only inscription on her tombstone to be, "She kept a really clean house."