PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams to conduct Mile draw at Woodbine

Doc
09-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Saw this in the Woodbine notes yesterday and thought it was kinda funny. Gee, get suspended from the NFL, go to Canada, be a star:

RICKY WILLIAMS TO CONDUCT MILE DRAW
Ricky Williams, a key running back for the Canadian Football League's Toronto Argonauts, will be the guest drawmaster at the Woodbine Mile presented by Bell draw at Woodbine's east-end trackside tent on Thursday.

Williams, also a top rusher in the National Football League for several years, will assist in determining the post positions and speak briefly of his participation in horse racing at the noon media conference.

Doc:ThmbDown:

Cesario!
09-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Seems a better fit to do the draw for the I'm Smokin Stakes...

Valuist
09-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Isn't there a Smokester Stakes at one of the SoCal tracks?

How about re-naming the Woodbine Mile the "Puff the Magic Dragon" Stakes :D

He's already got one thing in common with racehorses: positive drug tests.

Cesario!
09-14-2006, 11:18 AM
He's already got one thing in common with racehorses: positive drug tests.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TurfRuler
09-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Here's a similarity about Ricky Williams in Canada that you folks may be unaware of, Harriet Tubman launched her slave raiding foray's from Canada with the help of many northerners, she also was a confident of John Brown, who called her "Sir". I'm sure if she were still alive, they would also have her do the draw. How hilarious the posters are who minimalize a person just because.....it was there.

JPinMaryland
09-14-2006, 12:19 PM
I dont get the similarity. :confused:

Doc
09-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Here's a similarity about Ricky Williams in Canada that you folks may be unaware of, Harriet Tubman launched her slave raiding foray's from Canada with the help of many northerners, she also was a confident of John Brown, who called her "Sir". I'm sure if she were still alive, they would also have her do the draw. How hilarious the posters are who minimalize a person just because.....it was there.

Methinks YOU have more in common with Ricky Williams than Harriet Tubman!

Doc :lol:

cj
09-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Hopefully he uses his good arm to draw the numbers out.

ponyplayerdotca
09-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Ricky Williams - a perfect choice for the Woodbine Mile draw.

After all, if there is anyone who knows about "running on grass", it's Ricky.

Valuist
09-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Maybe they should have him collect the post-race samples for drug testing. I'm sure he's well versed in such procedures.

bigmack
09-15-2006, 05:33 PM
So much for getting top dollar for this on ebay - comes complete with grass stains too

TurfRuler
09-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Methinks YOU have more in common with Ricky Williams than Harriet Tubman!

Doc :lol:

But I don't have the hair, which makes him more similar to Harriet. But the boy can play football, unlike most posters to this thread.

rrpic6
09-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Ricky Williams - a perfect choice for the Woodbine Mile draw.

After all, if there is anyone who knows about "running on grass", it's Ricky.

Wish I could remember the Bill Murray quote from Caddyshack. Something about the grass/turf he invented...play 18 holes then smoke it...PolyGrass??

bigmack
09-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Wish I could remember the Bill Murray quote from Caddyshack. Something about the grass/turf he invented...play 18 holes then smoke it...PolyGrass??
http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/caddyshack/thisisahybrid.wav