PDA

View Full Version : Turfway feature

Valuist
09-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I like Kathy's Lil Cat quite a bit in here. First off, she's by Catienus, IMO, THE top Polytrack sire. These Catienus offspring all seem to move up on the Polytrack.

This one either was slow to develop, or just benefitted with the trainer switch to Werner. She only ran twice at 3, and didn't show much. Then she turns 4 and goes to Werner and her efforts improve considerably. She won at a mile then was narrowly beaten in a very fast sprint at CD (got a career top 93 Beyer). In her next race, one might argue she either bounced, or just was victimized by falling behind a crawlfest pace and still managed to get second despite spotting the leader 6 lengths behind a :50 1/5 half. So the form is solid, the :47 breeze over the Poly is solid, and the bloodline suggests she'll move forward over the carpet.

Not sure what the price will be but we can make these assumptions about KY races:

They LOVE to bet connections and Biancone and Pletcher both have runners in the race. Both fit and figure to take quite a bit of money. Lukas' horse fits and they still love to bet him, even w/a single digit win percentage.

Wiley
09-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Valuist,
Did you play the race? I took a look after your post, Slew Peg broke the mile record in the race by nearly one second 1.36.31. She looked great physically and her prep works were very fast over Turfway also with one win at Turfway, started out at even money then remarkably drifted to over 3-1. Amazing the Biancone/Pletcher exacta was $85 - I did not have it. I wanted your choice in the mix but she flattened out. Rarely play Turfway but assume the inner posts due well at one mile with the close start to the first turn so Slew Peg had a lot in her favor. Did not notice as much kick back as last year either with the reworking of the polytrack surface. Betting seemed weird on the race don't know if that is the norm there. Thanks for the heads up. I think Battaglia's annoying race calls are one reason I avoid this track.